X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Hey Ingtar33?

Where are we at with this team Ingtar? How about a thread with your first impressions of the 2007 Bills. What is going on with our secondary and the huge chunks of yardage they are giving up? Do really think JP is a legitimate NFL QB? This board needs a little expert analysis to put things into perspective and calm everyone down a little.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Hey Ingtar33?

Originally posted by mchurchfie
    This board needs a little expert analysis to put things into perspective and calm everyone down a little.
    says the arson.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mchurchfie
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      says the arson.
      Shush.
      My Band
      daveviterna.com

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

ah.

well, they're about where i thought they would be.

1) anyone watching what marv is doing can tell he's trying to build with the draft. anyone who's taking that course is aiming for playoffs/superbowl in 4 years. this is year no.2. Look at the best teams in the league, they are almost universally, built through the draft. Just look at the colts, did you know that the colts have just 4 people on their roster who was not drafted by their team? Marv isn't trying to recreate the redskins, and their perpetual mediocrity, like Tom Donahoe tried to do. Now the question remains, can the bills coaching staff and management succeed?

2) our roster has question marks up and down it. largely though, we're weak at WR, RG, CB, DT, WLB.

3) Losman looks like the same guy he was last year, which is unfortunate. The guy we got last year was good enough to be an NFL starter, but little else. At the moment, i think, assuming that JP doesn't take any more steps forward, we have basically a jeff blake clone at QB. A guy just good enough you will be reluctant to change direction, who shows you just enough that you think he'll turn the corner. It's too early to tell if this is as good as it gets. Though we'll know for sure at the end of this year. With a good team around him (just like with jeff blake), and a weak schedule he'll take you to the playoffs.

4) Special Teams and Penalties are a good indicator of coaching. This team is well coached, from monday through saturday. Better coached then at any time since levy. As to game day, i know a lot of people are on the staff... but im not seeing horrible problems with them on game day. When you lose a lot of criticism tends to be thrown at the team, and coaches get a lot of it. Today i think those critiques are largely misplaced. We've got a staff good enough to get us into the playoffs if we had the horses. We don't.

5) the talent level on this team is mediocre, a half decade of horrible drafts (butler's last, most of donahoes) have left the pool dry. this is not something you fix with free agency. Combined with the letting go of key free agents... like pat williams and nate clements, and you have a serious problem. (i don't consider letting players go who were signed as free agents as detrimental as losing players drafted by the team)

there you go. a brief run down.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• mchurchfie
          • Jul 2002

Thank you Sir!
          My Band
          daveviterna.com

Comment

• northernbillfan
            Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Thanks for the perspective as you see it. As always you shed the right kind of light on our situtaion as fans.

I've mentioned in another thread that this is year 2, but many fans want immediate results due to the lack of a competitive team on the field.
            When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• mchurchfie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
              ah.

1) anyone watching what marv is doing can tell he's trying to build with the draft. anyone who's taking that course is aiming for playoffs/superbowl in 4 years.
              Him and Ralph must be optimistic, that's like dogyears to those two.
              My Band
              daveviterna.com

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                • Oct 2002

I agree you with you about our staff. I still like it. We don't have a lot of penalties and I think we do pretty well considering our talent level.

I have also been a fan of JP and hoping that he continues to improve, but I am ready to move on. I think at this point, you usually see more from a QB, not less. He didn't look good in the preseason and doesn't look good now.

I am ready for the Trent Edwards experiment. I think you can put him in at the end of some of our games if we are getting blown out, then maybe make the official switch during the bye week.

Comment

• shelby
                  The Vanilla *****
                  • Jul 2002

i don't think any of us realistically expected great things of this team this year. However, this was the first game of 16. i am still cautiously optimistic that the front office, coaching staff, and the players who are still healthy can pull together to make some sort of progress this season.

Thanks for the reality check, Ingtar.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

not a problem.

I knew when i was trolling/lurking before the season started that a lot of people were irrationally hopeful for this season.

I sorta was expecting this.

That said, what i saw out of them yesterday, was a lot of the same i saw from them after the bye last year. We'll struggle, we might not post a better record then last year, but we'll not be as bad as we were at the beginning of last year.

I see a lot of good and some descent potential in what we have.

Between Whitner, Crowell and Poz, we have a solid heart to the D. Throw in an elite pass rusher, and what looks like a better group of DTs (age makes DTs better, i knew even though we had not really added anyone to the middle of the squad the group would be better then they were last year) and the team isn't going backwards.
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• BidsJr
                      • Sep 2002

not a problem.

I knew when i was trolling/lurking before the season started that a lot of people were irrationally hopeful for this season.

I sorta was expecting this.

That said, what i saw out of them yesterday, was a lot of the same i saw from them after the bye last year. We'll struggle, we might not post a better record then last year, but we'll not be as bad as we were at the beginning of last year.

I see a lot of good and some descent potential in what we have.

Between Whitner, Crowell and Poz, we have a solid heart to the D. Throw in an elite pass rusher, and what looks like a better group of DTs (age makes DTs better, i knew even though we had not really added anyone to the middle of the squad the group would be better then they were last year) and the team isn't going backwards.

Do you have any insight on Edwards? If the season goes south is he a legitamate option, or would be burning a 1st rounder next year?
                      "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

I've no clue. i can't judge from watching pre-season. i thought he looked like a classic west coast offense QB.

great on the short routs.... good pocket awareness.

I don't know for sure.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Bmax
                          • Aug 2003

I looking forward to see what Youbooty has to offer ..He will get tested plenty with Hines ward and holmes and Moss and others coming up ...I still would like to see the bills throw more over the middle Looking for Royal on occasion... On the def side Mccargo may help down the road ..but we need more pass rush fron Kelsey and crew...

I thought we might be 8-8 at best with worst case being 5-11....

Can u say another top 10 pick....Frank Okam DT from Texas

Bmax

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

ah.

1) anyone watching what marv is doing can tell he's trying to build with the draft. anyone who's taking that course is aiming for playoffs/superbowl in 4 years. this is year no.2. Look at the best teams in the league, they are almost universally, built through the draft. Just look at the colts, did you know that the colts have just 4 people on their roster who was not drafted by their team? Marv isn't trying to recreate the redskins, and their perpetual mediocrity, like Tom Donahoe tried to do. Now the question remains, can the bills coaching staff and management succeed?

2) our roster has question marks up and down it. largely though, we're weak at WR, RG, CB, DT, WLB.

3) Losman looks like the same guy he was last year, which is unfortunate. The guy we got last year was good enough to be an NFL starter, but little else. At the moment, i think, assuming that JP doesn't take any more steps forward, we have basically a jeff blake clone at QB. A guy just good enough you will be reluctant to change direction, who shows you just enough that you think he'll turn the corner. It's too early to tell if this is as good as it gets. Though we'll know for sure at the end of this year. With a good team around him (just like with jeff blake), and a weak schedule he'll take you to the playoffs.

4) Special Teams and Penalties are a good indicator of coaching. This team is well coached, from monday through saturday. Better coached then at any time since levy. As to game day, i know a lot of people are on the staff... but im not seeing horrible problems with them on game day. When you lose a lot of criticism tends to be thrown at the team, and coaches get a lot of it. Today i think those critiques are largely misplaced. We've got a staff good enough to get us into the playoffs if we had the horses. We don't.

5) the talent level on this team is mediocre, a half decade of horrible drafts (butler's last, most of donahoes) have left the pool dry. this is not something you fix with free agency. Combined with the letting go of key free agents... like pat williams and nate clements, and you have a serious problem. (i don't consider letting players go who were signed as free agents as detrimental as losing players drafted by the team)

there you go. a brief run down.
                            Sorry, Ingtar...I respect your opinions, but I think you are way off base with some stuff. First, please don't try to tell me that Marv is making the decisions...he's not. He is a face for this organization, not a real GM...IMO and many others, Modrak or somebody else is making the calls. Secondly, it is very apparent that this coaching staff is NOT good enough. I don't understand where you see this coaching staff being good enough because I don't see it. This team doesn't make adjustments and they don't ever seem to have a game plan in place.

As I said earlier, I respect your opinion, but highly disagree with you on those points.

Comment

• Devin
                              The Octagon
                              • Apr 2003

If Ingtar says it I believe it, guy knows his stuff.

Thanks for the insight man.
                              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

Working...
                              X