PDA

View Full Version : Ko Simpson/Jason Webster/Coy Wire Injury UPDATES

Michael82
09-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Bills head coach Dick Jauron said Ko Simpson had surgery on his broken ankle at noon today and Jason Webster had surgery on his broken forearm at 1pm. He said in all likelihood both players will be lost for the season.

Coy Wire suffered a grade 2 sprain of his MCL and was seen walking on crutches in the Bills locker room. Jauron said he will be out for an indefinite period of time.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

OpIv37
09-10-2007, 01:25 PM
there are casualty reports from Iraq with less carnage than that. Luck continues to be the enemy of Buffalo sports.

Michael82
09-10-2007, 01:33 PM
there are casualty reports from Iraq with less carnage than that. Luck continues to be the enemy of Buffalo sports.
Good point. Don't forget that this update doesn't even say anything about Kevin Everett who will be lucky if he is even able to walk again.... :(

RockStar36
09-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Yesterday was a horrible day for injuries. The defense was going to be thin as is, now it's going be real hard. I can't remember the last time I saw that many serious injuries for one team. Besides a few times watching the Sabres.

Jan Reimers
09-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Man, the injury bug hasn't hit us too badly the last few years, but it's on us like a vengeance this year.

justasportsfan
09-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Cmon OP. Bad comparison.

antital8
09-10-2007, 01:38 PM
do we try and sign someone?????can any free agents make an immediate impact?

OpIv37
09-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Cmon OP. Bad comparison.

it was meant more as a joke than a comparison, but apparently it's still bad.

OpIv37
09-10-2007, 01:41 PM
do we try and sign someone?????can any free agents make an immediate impact?

define "impact". I'm sure there are a few guys floating around who are better than our 3rd stringers (which we're down to at LB and DE), but I doubt there's anyone who will seriously improve the D.

Captain gameboy
09-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Man, the injury bug hasn't hit us too badly the last few years, but it's on us like a vengeance this year.

I may be wrong, but as a fan since 63, I don't remember a worse day.

Earthquake Enyart
09-10-2007, 01:42 PM
1968. Lost all 5 OL in the preseason, then went through about 10 QB's during the year.

mchurchfie
09-10-2007, 01:56 PM
1968. Lost all 5 OL in the preseason, then went through about 10 QB's during the year.
Pretty good recall for an old guy.:ee:

Earthquake Enyart
09-10-2007, 02:14 PM
It was the year before OJ.

Night Train
09-10-2007, 02:25 PM
1968. - went through about 10 QB's during the year.

Kemp gets hurt, then Dan Darragh, Tom Flores, Kay Stevenson and Benny Russell ! Also, Busty Underwood gets cut.

It was " hike " and run for your life on every play.

shelby
09-10-2007, 02:33 PM
i was hoping Coy Wire had a chance to prove himself.

i wish them all a speedy recovery, especially Kevin Everett.:pray:

Earthquake Enyart
09-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Kemp gets hurt, then Dan Darragh, Tom Flores, Kay Stevenson and Benny Russell ! Also, Busty Underwood gets cut.

It was " hike " and run for your life on every play.
When Dick Cheek went down, that really hurt them.

HHURRICANE
09-10-2007, 02:37 PM
i was hoping Coy Wire had a chance to prove himself.

i wish them all a speedy recovery, especially Kevin Everett.:pray:

I'm thinking Coy Wire is close to being officially done as a Bill. His window of opportunity is just about closed.

I also think if we draft one more player from Stanford I'm going to puke.

Samphin1
09-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Wow. Ko and Jason gone for the season? I am surprised that the broken arm couldn't be casted and be able to play.

Miami lost their starting safety Yeremiah Bell, which is a big blow for us too. Good luck to you guys going forward. You guys have had a season's worth of injuries and sadness in one week.

HHURRICANE
09-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Wow. Ko and Jason gone for the season? I am surprised that the broken arm couldn't be casted and be able to play.

It could have been but than we would have had him on the field again. Dick slipped the medical staff a "Benjamin" to make that one go away.

Historian
09-10-2007, 02:50 PM
We lost three defensive starters on three consecutive plays in Tampa in 2000.

Cowart, Rogers, and Carpenter.

7-4 going into Tampa.

8-8 finish.

The Answer
09-10-2007, 02:52 PM
This is very bad news - but let's not use the injuries as an excuse, if you look what happened around the league there were a ton of injuries to a lot of big names:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80228c77&template=without-video&confirm=true

Bears lost TWO starters on defense for the season (Brown, Dvoracek).

Redskins lost Tackle John Jansen for the season.

Cowboys lost DT Jason Ferguson for the season.

~The Answer

mysticsoto
09-10-2007, 02:58 PM
This is very bad news - but let's not use the injuries as an excuse, if you look what happened around the league there were a ton of injuries to a lot of big names:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80228c77&template=without-video&confirm=true

Bears lost TWO starters on defense for the season (Brown, Dvoracek).

Redskins lost Tackle John Jansen for the season.

Cowboys lost DT Jason Ferguson for the season.

~The Answer

Pennington might be out also...

Samphin1
09-10-2007, 03:06 PM
It could have been but than we would have had him on the field again. Dick slipped the medical staff a "Benjamin" to make that one go away.

:lol:

Michael82
09-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Pennington might be out also...
If you listened to the pathetic Jets fans at the game yesterday, that's good news. :ill:

gr8slayer
09-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Bills FS Ko Simpson will undergo surgery for a broken ankle.
Simpson is likely to miss the remainder of the season and be replaced by normal third safety Jim Leonhard. It's a blow to Buffalo's pass defense.

Bills CB Jason Webster may miss the season due to a broken forearm. Webster underwent surgery for the injury at 1 PM ET on Monday.
His backup is untested second-year man Ashton Youboty. Buffalo has lost key players for substantial time at every defensive position so far this year.

Didn't see it posted.

The Answer
09-10-2007, 04:03 PM
If you listened to the pathetic Jets fans at the game yesterday, that's good news. :ill:

Talk about classless fans - they were cheering when Pennington got hurt and limped off the field.

The Answer wouldn't even do that to Losman if he got hurt.

Pathetic.

~The Answer

don137
09-10-2007, 04:23 PM
I also think if we draft one more player from Stanford I'm going to puke.

If I am wrong I apologize but aren't you one that wants Edwards in there at QB over JP?

The Answer
09-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Wow - add Yeramiah Bell and Orlando Pace to the list of season ending injuries per NFL.com.

Also Espn is reporting Eli Manning done for at least 6 weeks with a separted shoulder.

These injuries keep up and maybe the league will truly be wide open this year!

~The Answer

Ingtar33
09-10-2007, 05:23 PM
not to pick on the bears or mike brown, but when is he ever healthy?

the dude is one of the best safeties in the league but he's about as durable as chad pennington.

paladin warrior
09-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Bufflalo Bills Need a Sign out front window "HELP WANTED"5 YRS EXP.. Denfence.