• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

An UNSUNG GOAT from Week One

I’d just like to acknowledge that in my opinion, the unsung GOAT of this game was tight end Robert Royal.

His idiot holding penalty on Moorman’s beautiful punt late in the fourth quarter costed the team 20-yards. Moorman had Denver pinned down to the 14. After the second punt they started at the 34- a gain of 20 yards. Also note that the hold took place before the punt, when there wasn’t even pressure on Moorman. I don’t need to explain how critical those 20 yards were. Remember the errant backwards pass Cutler through on second down? Well, lets just say that if wasn’t for Royal that ball probably goes out of the end zone for a safety and the game is over.

This is the second time in only 17 games I can recall Royal having a critical penalty at the worst time for this team. And let’s not forget his inability to keep his feet in bounds against Tennessee last year and how much that costed us.

This guy is for a lack of a better term- a bum. He’s a slightly above average blocker with inconsistent hands when we bother to even throw to him—and he’s a mental midget as his untimely penalties continue to suggest.

Unfortunately, there isn’t anything we can do about it for now, especially with the tragic Everett injury.

Add tight end end to the list of positions the Bills desperately need an upgrade at. Maybe Levy will finally do something about it. It’s amazing how you can see after only ONE game how many positions that needed help have either been downgraded or the same as last year, which is brutal in its own right.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Re: An UNSUNG GOAT from Week One

There was a whole herd of goats out there yesterday, take your pick.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I actually thought Royal blocked well early in the game but I agree- it's yet another bonehead move by the guy. He has some talent but can't keep his head in the game and it's really cost us on more than one occasion.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Didn't Lindell miss a field goal?

I wonder how many games we lost by less than 3 points where he missed a kick? Can anybody look this up. I know it happened against the Colts last year.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

I wonder how many games we lost by less than 3 points where he missed a kick? Can anybody look this up. I know it happened against the Colts last year.
          That and that we know not to even attempt any 50+ yarders. He's good from short range only.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

To me, Scobey was the goat for that idiotic penalty on that last punt.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              It would have been good if this play didn't happen...3rd and 11 at DEN 16 (1:23) J.Losman sacked at DEN 27 for -11 yards (J.Lynch).

34 yard FG is alot easier to make.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                It would have been good if this play didn't happen...3rd and 11 at DEN 16 (1:23) J.Losman sacked at DEN 27 for -11 yards (J.Lynch).

I'm not a fan of JP, put that one's not on him. Lynch wiffed on a block.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                  No body touched him. Peters took the outside guy and no one picked up Lynch inside.

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

He had one catch for a first down if I recall correctly but yeah, he definitely screwed the pooch on that play.

Comment

• raphael120
                      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

That's a rookie mistake, taking the sack on a 3rd down play. Way to go JP, way to go.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                        To me, Scobey was the goat for that idiotic penalty on that last punt.
                        bonehead play, but wasnt on last punt.

Last punt was Royal getting called for holding, which costed them 20 yards in field position (34 instead 14)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

I know it's so hard to see a guy coming who's right in front of you. Heaven forbid if JP could read where the blitz was coming from and throw the ball away. I guess that's too much to ask of a franchise QB.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

That and that we know not to even attempt any 50+ yarders. He's good from short range only.
                            Let's make sure not to extend him for millions...ohh, never mind.

Comment

• User Manuel
                              The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
                              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              I’d just like to acknowledge that in my opinion, the unsung GOAT of this game was tight end Robert Royal.

His idiot holding penalty on Moorman’s beautiful punt late in the fourth quarter costed the team 20-yards. Moorman had Denver pinned down to the 14. After the second punt they started at the 34- a gain of 20 yards. Also note that the hold took place before the punt, when there wasn’t even pressure on Moorman. I don’t need to explain how critical those 20 yards were. Remember the errant backwards pass Cutler through on second down? Well, lets just say that if wasn’t for Royal that ball probably goes out of the end zone for a safety and the game is over.

This is the second time in only 17 games I can recall Royal having a critical penalty at the worst time for this team. And let’s not forget his inability to keep his feet in bounds against Tennessee last year and how much that costed us.

This guy is for a lack of a better term- a bum. He’s a slightly above average blocker with inconsistent hands when we bother to even throw to him—and he’s a mental midget as his untimely penalties continue to suggest.

Unfortunately, there isn’t anything we can do about it for now, especially with the tragic Everett injury.

Add tight end end to the list of positions the Bills desperately need an upgrade at. Maybe Levy will finally do something about it. It’s amazing how you can see after only ONE game how many positions that needed help have either been downgraded or the same as last year, which is brutal in its own right.
                              Pat, if you want to say you hate Royal, just say you hate Royal. I can think of about 20 things as bad or worse than that play. Butlers false start on a freakin FG is right at the top.

Comment

Working...
                              X