PDA

View Full Version : 3 Disturbing Mental Farts In Last 2 Minutes

patmoran2006
09-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Few things about the end of yesterday’s game to make your stomach turn just a little more.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
1- On the play where Cutler converted the first 4<SUP>th</SUP> and 2, Angelo Crowell tried unsuccessfully to call timeout. At the time of the snap, both he and Mario Haggan started running the opposite way Cutler did towards the Bills sideline. If you remember the play, McGee ended up being the only player in the area.
<o:p> </o:p>
2- Aaron Schobel sat out on 2 different plays on <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City>’s fateful final drive. That includes the crucial 3<SUP>rd</SUP> and 23 play. Now if you ask me, you’re paid like a franchise DE, you don’t ****ing take yourself out of the game for Eric Powel in the wanning moments. Do you think Jason Taylor, Michael Strahan or Julius Peppers would ever do that? Inexcusable. Maybe next season you can not skip most the OTA’s and get your ass in better shape. I love Schobel, a high motor guy, but you don't take critical passing plays off.
<o:p> </o:p>
3- Here’s the most disturbing. On the last 10-yard pass to Javon Walker that put <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Elam</st1:place></st1:country-region> in much easier field goal range, the Bills only had 10 players on the field.

Michael82
09-10-2007, 03:17 PM
2- Aaron Schobel sat out on 2 different plays on <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City>’s fateful final drive. That includes the crucial 3<SUP>rd</SUP> and 23 play. Now if you ask me, you’re paid like a franchise DE, you don’t ****ing take yourself out of the game for Eric Powel in the wanning moments. Do you think Jason Taylor, Michael Strahan or Julius Peppers would ever do that? Inexcusable. Maybe next season you can not skip most the OTA’s and get your ass in better shape. I love Schobel, a high motor guy, but you don't take critical passing plays off.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
3- Here’s the most disturbing. On the last 10-yard pass to Javon Walker that put <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Elam</st1:place></st1:country-region> in much easier field goal range, the Bills only had 10 players on the field.

Both of those are on the coaches! Schobel kept getting taking out, along with Kelsay all game long for Powell and Jefferson. They like to rotate linemen so much, but there is a time and place for that. With 2 minutes to go in the game, that's not the time! :mad: The 10-men on the field thing annoyed the hell out of me when I saw the replay today. :ill:

TacklingDummy
09-10-2007, 03:19 PM
I still don't know why Denver didn't just run up and spike the ball to stop the clock.

YardRat
09-10-2007, 03:22 PM
I still don't know why Denver didn't just run up and spike the ball to stop the clock.

If Elam would've missed the FG, Shanahan and his staff would be the one's labeled as dumb-asses today and not Jauron.

northernbillfan
09-10-2007, 03:24 PM
I still don't know why Denver didn't just run up and spike the ball to stop the clock.Perhaps they were hoping for a defensive penalty like offsides or something to put them even closer.

NC-BILLS44
09-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Wasn't the pass on 3rd down?

RockStar36
09-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Wasn't the pass on 3rd down?

The pass got them a first down.

MikeInRoch
09-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Ah, but they might not have known that. It was 3rd and 10, and the play got 11. I'm sure they didn't want to hang out and see where the spot was...

Meathead
09-10-2007, 05:42 PM
doesnt matter how the game had turned out i would be labeling the coaches as dumbasses regardless

this is a team not ready to play at a professional level. many of the mistakes were glaringly stupid ones

im going to give them a few more games to see if it was an aberration but im not at all feeling good about their ability to manage the actual game. i think they are great character guys, good at evaluating talent, and good at developing them over time. but when it comes to getting a team ready to play on sundays and managing the game effectively they are extremely suspect in my mind at this time

you know im not an alarmist but i only have so much patience and can only give so much benefit of the doubt. i had these concerns last year and felt another offseason in the same systems should help solve a lot of those problems but it doesnt yet appear to be so

i dont care how great they are as people, evaluators, and developers - if they cant manage the game they would lose with probowlers at every position

you guys are on a short leash with me. i hope i dont have to yank it but thats up to you