PDA

View Full Version : FUNTIMESYAY- Evaluate Pittsburgh?

patmoran2006
09-10-2007, 02:52 PM
I am SURE you watched the Pitt Cleveland game yesterday.

How did Pitt look?

raphael120
09-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Pitt ***** slapped Cleveland. Frye/Anderson were running for their lives, the Steelers D had 5 sacks on the day and 2 INTs, 3 forced fumbles. Big Ben looked good, efficient, he's good at seeing the open man and Ward and Santonio had some long catches for TDs. Needless to say, we're going to be in trouble next week unless our secondary plays ALOT better.

Willie parker and davenport just gashed Cleveland for yards. Steelers are a team that capitalized on the turnovers they got, scoring 14 points off Cleveland mistakes. And they played that well on the road in Cleveland, i can only imagine how pumped up the steelrs are going to be this weekend.

its going to be an interesting game and I can't wait to go to pittsburgh to be at the game, I really hope we win or it'll be a long way back to the parking lot after the game!

Bruce is Loose
09-10-2007, 03:38 PM
I was actually pretty focused on another AFC matchup during that timeslot. I imagine most of us were :).

raphael120
09-10-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm from Pittsburgh so my girlfriend had to be by the TV that had the Steelers game. So while Buffalo was on commercial break I would look over and see how well they were doing. The game was over at the half, Steelers dominated all aspects of the game.

casdhf
09-10-2007, 03:45 PM
This game will tell us if our pass blocking has really improved.

RockStar36
09-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Well...they were playing Cleveland. It's hard to get a good judgement on how good Pittsburgh is.

The King
09-10-2007, 03:47 PM
They played Cleveland.

casdhf
09-10-2007, 03:48 PM
I think Buffalo and Cleveland are pretty much interchangable right now.

raphael120
09-10-2007, 04:00 PM

Sad but might be true.

RockStar36
09-10-2007, 04:15 PM

I disagree.

patmoran2006
09-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Sadly, I think the Browns are closer to being a good team than Buffalo.

Mr. Pink
09-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Talent wise Cleveland is on par, if not better than Buffalo in most aspects...As much as you all hate Dick, RAC is by far the worst coach in the league. Cleveland doesn't lose games due to it's talent being subpar, they have plenty of it, especially on the defensive side of the ball...but, I won't get into that.

Frye and DA couldn't do a damn thing all day vs the Steeler defense. Receivers couldn't get open, outside of KII. KII was about the only bright spot on the Browns offense. They held Parker pretty well in the first half, but the whole when the offense doesn't sustain drives the defense gets gashed prevailed in the second half. Jamal Lewis also found nowhere to run all day either.

Pittsburgh also largely benefitted from good field position all day.

The sacks were caused by a combination of breakdowns on the o-line and the QB holding the ball too long....sound familiar to what happens here? Or the fact that nobody besides KII getting open. Also sound familiar to what happens here with Evans?

While I don't think the Bills will lose 34-7 vs Pittsburgh, I'd be shocked if we stay within 14 of them, to be completely honest. Ben was pressured most of the game while passing and looked extremely poised and able to make the quick throws...We don't get much pressure on anyone, and generally when you give the QB more time to look the field, more guys get open.

And Santonio Holmes is just wow...awesome.

guy
09-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Sadly, I think the Browns are closer to being a good team than Buffalo. why dont you go root for another team....another so called expert on these boards.....

guy
09-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Talent wise Cleveland is on par, if not better than Buffalo in most aspects...As much as you all hate Dick, RAC is by far the worst coach in the league. Cleveland doesn't lose games due to it's talent being subpar, they have plenty of it, especially on the defensive side of the ball...but, I won't get into that.

Frye and DA couldn't do a damn thing all day vs the Steeler defense. Receivers couldn't get open, outside of KII. KII was about the only bright spot on the Browns offense. They held Parker pretty well in the first half, but the whole when the offense doesn't sustain drives the defense gets gashed prevailed in the second half. Jamal Lewis also found nowhere to run all day either.

Pittsburgh also largely benefitted from good field position all day.

The sacks were caused by a combination of breakdowns on the o-line and the QB holding the ball too long....sound familiar to what happens here? Or the fact that nobody besides KII getting open. Also sound familiar to what happens here with Evans?

While I don't think the Bills will lose 34-7 vs Pittsburgh, I'd be shocked if we stay within 14 of them, to be completely honest. Ben was pressured most of the game while passing and looked extremely poised and able to make the quick throws...We don't get much pressure on anyone, and generally when you give the QB more time to look the field, more guys get open.

And Santonio Holmes is just wow...awesome. you are the same people that said they would get blown away by the broncos.....why dont you go get your self a dog bone and..........:monkeyp: