PDA

View Full Version : Jets Fans named "Worst Persons in the NFL" last night

Michael82
09-10-2007, 03:39 PM
The New York Jets are losing 21-7 to the Patriots in the third (on Sunday) when Chad Pennington hurts his right ankle.

And instead of crumpling to the ground, he tries to drag himself off the field to save the time out.

And listen to those Jets fans!

They cheered as Pennington staggered to the sideline and Kellen Clemens came in to relieve him.

And don't tell me they were acknowledging his guts... I'm from here.

Up to that point Pennington had completed 12-for-16 passes for 124 yards and a touchdown. And he'd gotten blindsided only because of the hole at left guard after the Jets traded Pete Kendall.

So not all of them cheered, but we have a 77,900 way tie tonight.

For having cheered Chad Pennington's injury, the Jets fans are tonight's worst persons in the NFL.

http://www.nbcsports.com/portal/site/nbcsports/menuitem.6f806e473b4cb158fb00ec22493c2d04/?vgnextoid=3e129df221de4110VgnVCM10000075c1d240RCRD&vgnextchannel=9f23d5e59df02110VgnVCM100000dc032c03RCRD&vgnextfmt=default

hammerbillsfan
09-10-2007, 03:41 PM
They must be converted Philly fans.

raphael120
09-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Bunch of *******s.

RockStar36
09-10-2007, 03:43 PM
I seem to remember Bills fan cheering when Rob Johnson got hurt...agains the Rams I think. I remember being at that game when they did it.

I think there is a tie between several different fan bases when it comes to this.

TedMock
09-10-2007, 03:48 PM
I seem to remember Bills fan cheering when Rob Johnson got hurt...agains the Rams I think. I remember being at that game when they did it.

I think there is a tie between several different fan bases when it comes to this.

The worst part of that game was Johnson had actually thrown for over 300 yards and a TD when he got hurt. I'm not a fan of the guy, but the "Bills fans" really showed their true colors that day and I was embarrassed.

Michael82
Bunch of *******s.
agreed. That was so damn classless. Pennington played his heart out and then even literally hopped off the field to save the timeout. The fans didn't care. They booed him anyways. :ill:

LtBillsFan66
Did they cheer his injury or Clemens' entrance?

Michael82
09-10-2007, 03:50 PM

good point. We can't really talk. Our stadium has been full of cheers too when players that fans don't like go down with injuries. :ill:

njsue
09-10-2007, 04:03 PM
I heard this nonsense early this morning while listening to the WFAN radio station with Boomer Easiason as host.

For any fan to cheer injury on any player is just sickening!!!

I may not be a fan of the team. I do wish Chad Pennington well.

Gunzlingr
09-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Don't be surprised if that happens if JP gets hurt. The Troll Patrol here is that assinine, but worse.

Ickybaluky
09-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Did they cheer his injury or Clemens' entrance?

It was for Clemens playing. They didn't cheer initially when Pennington was hurt, they cheered when Clemens came into the game. It didn't make them look very good, the timing of the thing didn't shine the brightest light on them. That said, it isn't as bad as it is being made out to be.

Those Jet fans should be careful what the wish for. I realize Clemens has talent and potential, but he is going to take his lumps if he ends up playing a lot. He looked nervous and inexperienced when he was in the pocket yesterday.

Pennington is a gutty guy, and I really like him. Tough kid who has had some hard luck, but an underrated QB. His arm strength hurts him, but his poise, ability to make the right read, timing, touch and leadership are up there with the best. He is a winner.