• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Kevin Everett to I-R Matt Murphy re-signed

Though Kevin Everett's long term future is far from being accurately determined, his 2007 season is officially over. The Buffalo Bills placed the tight end on injured reserve effectively ending his season.

The move was no surprise after Everett's cervical spine injury suffered Sunday led to emergency surgery. He currently sits in the intensive care unit at Millard Fillmore Gates Circle Hospital in downtown Buffalo.

Taking his place on the roster is Matt Murphy, a five-year NFL veteran that initially made the 53-man roster and then was released the day before the team's home opener against Denver.

Murphy is considered primarily a blocker like recently signed free agent tight end Michael Gaines, and had a steady if not spectacular preseason.

The former seventh-round pick effectively fortifies Buffalo's tight end ranks joining Robert Royal, Ryan Neufeld and the aforementioned Gaines on the roster.

I have a hard time believing that we signed two TEs in one day for the same purpose. I think that we will eventually release him for another position of need such as CB or S. We will also eventually have two other roster spots to fill due to the likely losses of Ko Simpson and Jason Webster for the season.
Working...
X