PDA

View Full Version : Giants lose 3 starters to injuries!

Michael82
09-10-2007, 04:26 PM
The MRI results on Eli Manning are in and the news was about as good as the Giants could have hoped for. He suffered only a sprained right shoulder, according to a league source. No structural damage was detected.

Manning's status for the Giants' game against the Green Bay Packers is uncertain, but the hope is that if he does miss any time it will only be a week or two at most.

The length of his absence may all depend Manning's tolerance for pain and he how he progresses as the week goes along. He will likely be very limited in practice this week, and his status for the Packers game is not likely to be known until right before kickoff.

The early prognosis on Brandon Jacobs is that he will be out at least 3-5 weeks with a sprained MCL, according to a league source who has spoken to the Giants running back today. However, the Giants are still awaiting the results of his MRI, so it’s possible the news will get worse.

As for Osi Umenyiora, word around the stadium is that it's going to be bad -- possibly two months, maybe even more, with a partially torn MCL.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2007/09/big_black_blue_update.html

Michael82
09-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Then on ESPN, they just reported that Eli has a separated shoulder and is OUT for at least 1 month. Ouch! This week was a pretty bad week for injuries. :ill:

mybills
09-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Then on ESPN, they just reported that Eli has a separated shoulder and is OUT for at least 1 month. Ouch! This week was a pretty bad week for injuries. :ill:
That's what I heard. I know that young people don't understand it when I say the Giants are my second favorite team. But, back in the old days, your choice was Boston, Dallas, or NY Giants. Having a favorite AFC team already, that left me a choice between two. I can't stomach Dallas. It's been Bills/Giants for me for almost 40 years, and this is the worst year I can remember due to both of my teams being plagued with injuries.

I am so freaking depressed. :sadwalk:

Cntrygal
09-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Report: Giants' Manning could play vs. Packers

Famed orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews examined an MRI of Manning’s bruised shoulder on Tuesday, and concluded that he could play as soon as this Sunday according to a report in the New York Daily News.

more... (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20711842/)

mybills
09-12-2007, 01:09 PM
That's good news, sort of. Jacobs is out for how long? :ill: Not much left to step in for him, which means Eli will end up throwing more, and prolly hurt it worse. :cynic: