PDA

View Full Version : For the next few days at least

patmoran2006
09-10-2007, 04:43 PM
I don't think anybody should be bashing the Bills, and this coming from one of the innovators of Bills suckage thrashing in myself.

AFter the news today, I really dont give a **** if Losman is Johnny Unitas or Heath Shuler. Same thing for Langston Walker, Willis McGahee, Tim Anderson and everyone else. HOw good or bad this team is as irrelevent as it gets right now.

This is going to become world news in the coming hours, and as a result we're probably going to get a ton of hits to this site from all over the world. Lets not fight and embarass each other and this team; at least for a few days anyway.

MODS obviously this will be moved shortly, just wanted to point that out.

don137
09-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Football truly does not matter after hearing the news about Everett

Michael82
09-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Good point. We are already getting tons of well wishers from other fans. The arguing back and forth should definitely be aside for a while. :up:

Get well soon, Kevin Everett! :pray:

Elminster
09-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah, it'd look pretty pathetic if we were arguing when we have fans from other teams sending their best wishes. Time to focus on what's really important. KE:pray:

BidsJr
09-10-2007, 05:09 PM
I don't think anybody should be bashing the Bills, and this coming from one of the innovators of Bills suckage thrashing in myself.

AFter the news today, I really dont give a **** if Losman is Johnny Unitas or Heath Shuler. Same thing for Langston Walker, Willis McGahee, Tim Anderson and everyone else. HOw good or bad this team is as irrelevent as it gets right now.

This is going to become world news in the coming hours, and as a result we're probably going to get a ton of hits to this site from all over the world. Lets not fight and embarass each other and this team; at least for a few days anyway.

Lets do it for the whole season.

That would be great!

Romes
09-10-2007, 05:10 PM
yeah...football means next to nothing right now. I feel bad for watching the rest of the game, then after being more upset about the loss and not even thinking about what KE was going through.

patmoran2006
09-10-2007, 05:11 PM
I just seen Brian Moorman breaking down on TV talking about it and saying that he cant think about anythign else right now.

BidsJr
09-10-2007, 05:13 PM
yeah...football means next to nothing right now. I feel bad for watching the rest of the game, then after being more upset about the loss and not even thinking about what KE was going through.

Ouch.

Guilty

BSU Drew
09-10-2007, 05:20 PM
I've never been one to agree with Pat but he couldnt have put it any better! Good post Pat. :pray: All we can do is pray.

Philagape
09-10-2007, 05:22 PM
This is a tragedy that's so overwhelming that part of me wants to talk about anything except Everett.

How do you guys think the Bills will respond to this? The games will go on. Will they be so traumatized and distracted that they won't perform like they can? Or will it be an inspirational rallying point?

Elminster
09-10-2007, 05:26 PM
This is a tragedy that's so overwhelming that part of me wants to talk about anything except Everett.

How do you guys think the Bills will respond to this? The games will go on. Will they be so traumatized and distracted that they won't perform like they can? Or will it be an inspirational rallying point?
It could be either...really. And it may start out the former and turn into the latter. Time will tell all...

The last buffalo fan
09-10-2007, 05:27 PM
:pray: KE.

Great idea Pat, I knew it that you are a big guy, with a kids' heart. I love the Buffalo Bills and will always love any player wearing proudly his Jersey. :gobills:

Michael82
09-10-2007, 05:32 PM

I could definitely see this young team use this as motivation. In case you didn't see or hear from training camp, this team is very close. They are one big family and did a lot of hanging out together. I could see this situation being something that gets them to rally and win for him.

The Answer
09-10-2007, 05:33 PM

The Answer agrees - this is not the time for blatant flaming and bashing.

The Answer hopes this young Bills team comes out and UNLOADS against the Steelers on Sunday. It be the perfect way to make a statement to the rest of the league.

~The Answer

Carlton Bailey
09-10-2007, 05:36 PM
I think you're looking at a group of guys who could become the story of the year -- the new America's Team, at least for 2007 -- if they can start winning some games. Win or lose, though, we know the players on the Bills will play for each other and, most importantly, for Kevin Everett.

I don't care what the record is after 16 games: Play hard, dedicate the year to KE.

ddaryl
09-10-2007, 05:42 PM
I agree with Pat Moran...

focus needs to be on unity and well wishing towards Everett and his family.

Is anyone putting together a Billszone card to send to the Kevin and his family knowing were all sending him our well wishes in any and all forms

shelby
09-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Is anyone putting together a Billszone card to send to the Kevin and his family knowing were all sending him our well wishes in any and all forms
Dr. Lecter did. You can add your well wishes here (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=133880).

Pat, i agree completely with your post, and this thread will not be moved in hopes it will inspire unity among the posters of the Zone during this very sad time. i thank you for expressing what i was thinking all day today.

:pray:

Mad Bomber
09-10-2007, 11:17 PM

MODS obviously this will be moved shortly, just wanted to point that out. :bf1:

After the game, when the skies opened up and we Zoners were huddled up under a shelter trying to stay dry. The mood matched the gray, dismal weather. We weren't talking as much about the loss of the game as the loss of the players. A broken ankle, a broken arm, a blown out knee, and a broken neck...the uncertainty and the unthinkable possibilities of Kevin Everett's injuries were foremost in our minds.

We in the stadium didn't have the knowledge that network/satellite viewers had of Everett's injury. They didn't show replays of the hit and the aftermath on the Jumbotron. All we could see from the stands was men gathered around him, and the entire Bills team and staff gathered for prayer.

Everyone, please pray for Kevin Everett, his family and his friends. This is much bigger than football.

Ebenezer
09-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Everyone, please pray for Kevin Everett, his family and his friends. This is much bigger than football.

puts a huge perspective on things...i truly wonder if any team could concentrate at a time like this...they always say that you can't think that you might get injured but this MUST make you reasses your priorities.

Ebenezer
09-11-2007, 12:31 AM
:bf1:

After the game, when the skies opened up and we Zoners were huddled up under a shelter trying to stay dry, the mood matched the gray, dismal weather.

It was ironic how it started raining after the game ended.