PDA

View Full Version : Hixon Saw, Heard Nothing.

patmoran2006
09-10-2007, 06:18 PM
From the Denver Post...

Hixon saw, heard nothing
Domenik Hixon talked about the opening kickoff return of the second half, when Buffalo's Kevin Everett suffered a cervical spine injury while tackling Hixon.
"Honestly, there was nothing out of the ordinary on the play," Hixon said. "I had no idea anything was wrong. He hit me, and then I was trying to get up myself. I didn't realize, see or hear anything. ... All I can do is pray for him now."

Bad memories
Seeing the injury to Everett made the Broncos think of their own recent history of sad news. In the offseason, 24-year-old players Darrent Williams and Damien Nash died.
"A few of us talked about D-Will before the game, and I know we were all thinking of him in our own way today," Foxworth said. "Seeing what happened today just brings back memories of sadness for us, too. It was just disgusting to see (Everett) lying out there, not moving."

=====================================================
I feel awful for this kid. Of course, he knows its not his fault and it was a freak accident, but how can it not weigh heavily on his mind?

dplus47
09-10-2007, 06:44 PM
I feel awful for this kid. Of course, he knows its not his fault and it was a freak accident, but how can it not weigh heavily on his mind?

i was thinking about that, both the "bad memories" and the bit you mentioned at the end. i know i'd be thinking "if i had only cut another way," etc. it's a bad situation all around.

Tatonka
09-10-2007, 06:51 PM
its weird.. i really honestly can not stop thinking about everett today.. i just feel so ****ing awful for him.. i really just want to see him walk again..which at this point sounds like a miracle.

Elminster
09-10-2007, 06:57 PM
its weird.. i really honestly can not stop thinking about everett today.. i just feel so ****ing awful for him.. i really just want to see him walk again..which at this point sounds like a miracle.
I hear ya man. I can't concentrate. So depressing...

Nighthawk
09-10-2007, 07:58 PM

I feel the same way. He is on my mind constantly and I feel horrible for the kid. It just really is depressing me.

MTBillsFan
09-10-2007, 09:50 PM
All day today after a class, I would check the net for updates on the situation. I've never been this concerned for a football player