PDA

View Full Version : Ralph and the Bills need to do something at the rest of the home games for Everett

Scumbag College
09-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Everyone on this board has been touched, affected, and saddened by Kevin Everett's injury on Sunday. There is no denying that his life and the lives of his family members will forever be changed.

As a proud and tight knit community, we Buffalo fans can do something really good for this kid (at 25 you're still a kid) and his family. If Ralph and the organization can put something together in which every fan that walks through the gates the rest of the season can buy something for or donate two dollars, we could raise over a million dollars for him by the end of the year. I'm only going to one game and would be happy to, and I'm sure every season ticket holder would be too. I know going to the games are expensive enough, but after 50 dollar tickets, 15 dollar parking, 7 dollar beers, etc. everyone that attends a game just donates two dollars each game they see, we might be able to do something really good.

I know money can never replace a 25 year old's health and life, but it would be a nice gesture.

Another idea would be either renaming One Bills Drive "Kevin Everett Drive" or the fieldhouse after him starting in the 2008 season. We should never forget.

scott51
09-10-2007, 07:20 PM
I think this has to be one of the best ideas I have heard in a long time! I will be at the Bills vs Ravens game on October 21st, if we are able to set this up, let me know where we donate!

I'd even be willing to help accept donations that day, let me know!

#85 should also never be worn on a Bills uniform again, just my opinion

patmoran2006
09-10-2007, 07:20 PM
I think they will do something in his honor, dont know if it will be monetary though.

He'll be taken care of; as much I hate Wilson he'll make sure his family is very well taken care of; and so will a LOT of his teammates.

If anything, I think you'll start to see some things come into light, like a pledge drive at the stadium or something with proceeds going to fight paralysis/better rehab facilities, etc.

This is obviously the biggest onfield tragedy in the league since Utley in 1991.

Sadly and Ironically, (even though EVerett is alive and hopefully stays that way) I can now sympathize with what Denver fans had to endure this offseason. twice

Michael82
09-10-2007, 07:24 PM
#85 should also never be worn on a Bills uniform again, just my opinion

Actually, they talked about that on WGR550 tonight and believe that we will never see that number worn again. They may not officially retire the number (although I have a feeling that they will), but it might be one of those things like with 32, 34, and 78....where no one is ever issued it again.

SABuffalo786
09-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Another idea would be either renaming One Bills Drive "Kevin Everett Drive" or the fieldhouse after him starting in the 2008 season. We should never forget.

I love the sentiment but let's not start writing the poor guy's obituary already. There's still a chance he'll pull through...

scott51
09-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Actually, they talked about that on WGR550 tonight and believe that we will never see that number worn again. They may not officially retire the number (although I have a feeling that they will), but it might be one of those things like with 32, 34, and 78....where no one is ever issued it again.

Thats cool, I really think that would be a nice gesture and would be well deserved. I have a feeling, Kevin and his family would greatly appreciate it!

scott51
09-10-2007, 07:29 PM
I love the sentiment but let's not start writing the poor guy's obituary already. There's still a chance he'll pull through...

I didn't take it as necessarily being the guys obituary, this would be a good idea if he were (which I pray and hope he will do) completely or partially paralyzed, again just my opinion

Scumbag College
09-10-2007, 07:37 PM

It's not an obituary, I didn't mean it like that.

However, there seems to be a very bleek outlook for his future. In fifteen or twenty years, maybe we can go to a game and look at his name somewhere and just think about a young guy who's life took a tragic turn playing forthe Bills on a Sunday afternoon.