PDA

View Full Version : Russell Finally Signs

gr8slayer
09-10-2007, 08:25 PM
JaMarcus Russell and the Raiders have reportedly agreed in principle to a six-year contract that includes at least $31 million in guarantees.
The deal is expected to be worth as much as $60 million if Russell reaches all incentives. After missing training camp and the preseason, it's extremely unlikely that Russell will get starts before midseason, but if the Raiders keep losing to teams like the Lions, upper management will undoubtedly push hard for a late-season switch to the rookie.

BlackMetalNinja
09-10-2007, 08:27 PM
I don't doubt this is real, but when quoting articles like that, could you please provide a source.

gr8slayer
09-10-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't doubt this is real, but when quoting articles like that, could you please provide a source.
That's how I've done it for the past two years I've been here. They all come from Rotoworld.com

gr8slayer
09-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Rotoworld got it from

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_6854458

BlackMetalNinja
09-10-2007, 08:33 PM
That's all i was asking for was a link... thanks

BlackMetalNinja
09-10-2007, 08:34 PM
That's all i was asking for was a link... thanks

I don't see anything on any major sites or no mention during the MNF game so far... the Raiders need something, I'm not sure he's going to be enough though.

gr8slayer
09-10-2007, 08:36 PM
I don't see anything on any major sites or no mention during the MNF game so far... the Raiders need something, I'm not sure he's going to be enough though.
The major sites are generally an hour or more behind schedule. Rotoworld is the best site on the net for NFL info. They always have the news right when it happens.

Illmatic15
09-10-2007, 08:52 PM
About time, to bad he missed his rookie training camp...

gr8slayer
09-10-2007, 08:53 PM
I hope he sucks. If the Raiders make the play-offs before we do I give up.

Samphin1
09-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Uhm, as a fins fan, I can tell you that gr8slayer doesn't tend to make things up. I think he has earned his stripes here in regards to having to provide links. Just my two cents.

BlackMetalNinja
09-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Uhm, as a fins fan, I can tell you that gr8slayer doesn't tend to make things up. I think he has earned his stripes here in regards to having to provide links. Just my two cents.
It's actually a copywrite issue... the site can get in trouble if proper credit isn't given...

gr8slayer
09-10-2007, 09:24 PM
It's actually a copywrite issue... the site can get in trouble if proper credit isn't given...
THen there is a lot of work to be done because it happens on about every single thread at some point. We need to get rid of all the pictures on this site except for those taken by Mikey and others who take them at the game because they are copy written. All that Deal or No Deal crap, you all need to quit posting those pictures because they are not your property. You want to be fair and do the right thing? Get 'er done.

At any rate, if the mods don't like it they can delete my stuff. I have no reason to lie about anything, I just like to share the news I find about the greatest sport/league in the world. I usually find it while taking a study break so I don't really have time so I try to make it short and sweet.