PDA

View Full Version : Mario Haggan

more cowbell
09-10-2007, 08:26 PM
With the injuries to Ellison and now Wire, Haggan stepped in yesterday and I thought he played pretty well considering he's been a special teams player his entire career.I remember he made a beautiful tackle on Henry behind the line of scrimmage.

Haggan is actually, besides Posluszny, our only linebacker with some size. He's been on this team for a while now and has always had a nose for the ball carrier on special teams...from what I saw yesterday he looked like he had a nose for the ball on defense as well. Hopefully this guy can do something similar to what Crowell did back in 2005 and be an un-expected player making a big impact on defense this year. Im certainly pulling for the guy.

G. Host
09-10-2007, 09:07 PM
He appeared to be solidly tackling which is a good sign.

Al the Bills Fan
09-11-2007, 12:45 AM
I thought Haggen played pretty well! Made some solid tackles and was invovled on a few good plays. Hope he plays well this year, if anything he adds some size to our linbackeing crew.

Night Train
09-11-2007, 04:33 AM
When people started crapping on him during the off-season, I just rolled my eyes.

He's always been a good ST's player. Plus the few times he's been called on in the past to fill in at MLB (for Fletcher) and OLB, he's more than held his own.

I guess the less you know, the easier it is to toss out the " he sucks " comment.

jamze132
09-11-2007, 04:53 AM
Well if the coaching staff thought enough of Haggan, then Ellison and Wire would not have been ahead of him on the depth chart. They preach that we need to have our best 3 out there...

But hell, might as well give him his shot, maybe he can turn some heads when he actually gets the adrenaline pumping, unlike in practice/pre-season. A lot of players stink it up when it's not for real.

Night Train
09-11-2007, 05:54 AM
Well if the coaching staff thought enough of Haggan, then Ellison and Wire would not have been ahead of him on the depth chart. They preach that we need to have our best 3 out there...

He's a good backup player who isn't hopeless as a reserve. He's playing due to injury to Ellison and Wire but you need to keep dependable backups on the roster. That's all I'm saying.

Every team has a few career solid backups who play good to great on ST's. Does the name Steve Tasker ring a bell ?

tampabay25690
09-11-2007, 07:06 AM
This is his chance in a lifetime!!!! I think this guy will be ready and play his ASS OFF!!!!!

SABURZFAN
09-11-2007, 08:07 AM
he did play well but you know we're in trouble,at the LB position,if he's playing regularly.

EDS
09-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Not that it matters, but I remember Haggan was expected to be a first day draft choice but slipped after running a 5.0 forty at the combine.

The Answer
09-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Let's not get overzealous here and think Haggan is going to be another Crowell.

He played solid, but it was one game and he's a career backup thus far.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 11:50 AM
I want DiG to learn his position.

BillsFever21
09-12-2007, 01:53 AM
Now Haggan is going to be the next star. The list goes on and on. There is a reason why he has been buried on the depth chart even after LB after LB has came and gone. If this is our answer then we are really screwed. But hey we didn't need to pay Takeo Spikes because that 6th round draft pick was worth it.

Two4trippn
09-12-2007, 08:57 PM
All is saved, we've got Copeland Bryan now baby!