PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling it out now, Edwards needs to be our QB

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Who was the best player we had in the pre-season? Edwards bar none.

Who did Bill Walsh tell Marv to play QB from his deathbed? Edwards.

Who looked poised all preseason and tossed the ball at the last second nearly everytime? ............

Mark my words, when Edwards sees the field, surfer boy hits the first wave out of town. It's a freaking Tom Brady situation all over again. The Pats went from worse to first from one position, QB. We need someone that rules the QB spot, not just plays it. When Kelly had the Ball with 3 minutes left and we had the lead, game over. When we're behind and Kelly got the ball with 3 minutes left, you knew we we're going to win. Can you say the same thing about JP?? Not a chance or prayer. Sit this kid for a few games and lets see what Edwards can do, then maybe we have a chance for success. With JP at the wheel the car is going to crash more often then not.

acehole
09-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Take it easy...Buffalo throws QB in the trash bin more then any other team. JP Did NOT lose that game for us.I dont think you know what your talking about.

Who looked poised all preseason and tossed the ball at the last second nearly everytime? ............

Mark my words, when Edwards sees the field, surfer boy hits the first wave out of town. It's a freaking Tom Brady situation all over again. The Pats went from worse to first from one position, QB. We need someone that rules the QB spot, not just plays it. When Kelly had the Ball with 3 minutes left and we had the lead, game over. When we're behind and Kelly got the ball with 3 minutes left, you knew we we're going to win. Can you say the same thing about JP?? Not a chance or prayer. Sit this kid for a few games and lets see what Edwards can do, then maybe we have a chance for success. With JP at the wheel the car is going to crash more often then not.

gr8slayer
09-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Dude honestly.......... How many threads/posts do we have to read about the same damn thing? Losman played poorly, so did Jauron, so did the defense blah blah blah. Everyone gets the point. Carry on to next week.

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Take it easy...Buffalo throws QB in the trash bin more then any other team. JP Did NOT lose that game for us.I dont think you know what your talking about.

Really, ask a few of the receivers that had the balls landing at their feet how they feel, 97 yards man. I mean how inept can one person be at their position.

Ask yourself one question, if we had a Tom Brady type QB that knows his stuff and was really sharp would we win more games?? Edwards got a ringing endorsement from a legend on his deathbed, maybe someone needs to pick up the other line.

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Dude honestly.......... How many threads/posts do we have to read about the same damn thing? Losman played poorly, so did Jauron, so did the defense blah blah blah. Everyone gets the point. Carry on to next week.

Point taken.

gr8slayer
09-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Point taken.
Nothing personal, it just seems like all the threads are becoming repetitive.

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Nothing personal, it just seems like all the threads are becoming repetitive.

Your right this may have been but I feel that this really needs to be discussed. I watched Trent out there during the preseason and I thought to myself what flaws does this guy have?? He looked twice as composed as Jp and he never played a down in the NFL at all. Did anything faze him or confuse him?? No.

Best player at camp and he sits behind JP?? Why??

Field the best team you can every sunday.

Novacane
09-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Be patient Skooby. Edwards will be starting soon .

gr8slayer
09-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Your right this may have been but I feel that this really needs to be discussed. I watched Trent out there during the preseason and I thought to myself what flaws does this guy have?? He looked twice as composed as Jp and he never played a down in the NFL at all. Did anything faze him or confuse him?? No.

Yeah but why throw a rookie out to the dogs like that? I personally am not a fan of starting rookie QB's unless you have to.

I think Losman earned himself at least till the half way point to show what he has. If he continues to stink (which I don't think he will) then let's go to someone else.

I know it's been said and argued a thousand times this week but honestly, Edwards played against a bunch of guys who likely didn't make their respective teams. It's a lot different when you are playing against real all-pro talent.

Point is, if Losman sucks and Jauron thinks he's ready then Edwards will get his chance and he should. But until we are "mathematically eliminated" let's stick with the vet.

BAM
09-10-2007, 09:42 PM
I think you may be a bit premature on this one, Skooby. Give him a few weeks at least.

HHURRICANE
09-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Skooby are you schizophrenic? Edwards isn't starting. Let it go. You were the biggest JP homer 48 hours ago.

tat2dmike77
09-10-2007, 09:48 PM
if we had a Tom Brady type QB that knows his stuff and was really sharp would we win more games??

And if i had a winning lottery ticket most of my problems would be solved whats your point?

You have to work with what you got. Do you really believe that a rookie would of done any better against bly and bailey at the coners. I highly doubt it. Most likely it would of been a lot worse then what it was.

All this talk about bench JP is crap. Denver has a good defense. Whats funny is the fact the bills D held denver to 15pts even though they ran up and down the field on them. I think that is a positive.

jonah7777
09-10-2007, 09:49 PM
goood grief and if edwards plays and gets hurt bad then what... you'll be crying a river then...

Oaf
09-10-2007, 10:12 PM

You've been such a fickle poster Skooby. This way and that way, over a single performance, over and over again. I feel as I am on a ship rocking back and forth, back and forth with you. Either that, or Mike Mularkey is in the room. Give it a couple games, and stop using phrases like "mark my words," just because you were the first you come up with a random speculative comment. :shakeno:

BTW, Fred Jackson was the best preseason player IMO, or Whitner.

Not a chance or prayer. Sit this kid for a few games and lets see what <Edwards> can do, then maybe we have a chance for success.

(Insert Holcomb here.)

Famous last words.

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 10:31 PM
You have to work with what you got. Do you really believe that a rookie would of done any better against bly and bailey at the coners. I highly doubt it. Most likely it would of been a lot worse then what it was.

All this talk about bench JP is crap. Denver has a good defense. Whats funny is the fact the bills D held denver to 15pts even though they ran up and down the field on them. I think that is a positive.

I cannot say for sure if he would of done better but he couldn't have done much worse, 97 yards man.

shelby
09-11-2007, 04:31 AM
Skoobs, J.P.'s performance was one of many problems on Sunday.
There are a lot of things which need to be fixed.
You don't pull the plug on your starter after one game.

evol4276
09-11-2007, 04:53 AM
what happened to being the most exaggerated homer from last year? this is the least-homeresque ive ever seen u skoobs

jamze132
09-11-2007, 04:58 AM
It's too early to throw JP out. Maybe it was the first game jitters, I dunno, but we all know he can play better than what he did, we have all seen it. But I will say that time is running out for him and he needs to play consistently over the next few games or we will be seeing Edwards. I don't think Levy/Jauron will pull a Donadope/Mularkey... at least I hope not.

evol4276
09-11-2007, 05:04 AM
oh and again why is not a single person understanding the bronco's pass d? he threw 66% against the best CB tandem in the game, which no isnt good, but since most non-Manning qb's average 68-70% passing a game, it isn't piss terrible either. so what if he didn't get over 100 yards passing. we still almost won the game didn't we? if Lindell didnt miss the kick, or if Butler didn't false start and Lindell made THAT kick, or if we didnt call an unneeded long pass on 3rd and 5 to keep the play clock moving, we woulda won. those things didnt happen, I know. Im aware of this, but come on. not all defenses are the same. if he threw for 97 yards against say OUR pass defense, then yeah. Be upset at him. but not against Champ freakin Bailey, the best CB in the game, and Dre Bly, who he himself is another star number ONE CB, let alone a #2, making him easily the best one of hia position as well. Also, they have future hall of famer Lynch at safety. like, how do those options not ring GOOD PASS DEFENSE in some of your minds? You have to remember they shut down our main weapon this game who usually gets the most balls thrown his way.. Evans. so before anybody comes at me YET AGAIN by saying I dont know what I'm talking about and how Im 100% wrong again, how about you actually read my post for once? And also if u say that my post is BS again cuz teams have put up numbers against this d, then yes. you are correct. give yourself a cookie. you've still proven nothing legitimate. we have a WR core that all of you have said consists of 1 #1, and 3 #3's. So if that's correct, how are we the same as those teams that put numbers against this team? So all of you who are always right, fire away and make sure u say that I tried to say stuff like he played excellent or he was the most consistant and dominant I've ever seen it. /sarcasm

YardRat
09-11-2007, 05:08 AM
I think Scooby's acting a little schizo today.

No he isn't.

Yes, he is.

Shut up.

You shut up.

YardRat
09-11-2007, 05:10 AM
he threw 66% against the best CB tandem in the game.... so what if he didn't get over 100 yards passing.

Are you serious?

evol4276
09-11-2007, 05:26 AM
Are you serious? are you? there we go yet again already with someone who didnt read the post. i thought explained my thoughts rather well i believe.

evol4276
09-11-2007, 05:32 AM
Really, ask a few of the receivers that had the balls landing at their feet how they feel, 97 yards man. I mean how inept can one person be at their position.

(14:23) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete short left to 81-P.Price (97-S.Rice). Pass tipped at line.

(11:53) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete to 83-L.Evans (32-D.Bly). Receiver and coverage at BUF 21, ball thrown behind receiver.

(11:10) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete short right to 11-R.Parrish [92-E.Dumervil]. Underthrown, receiver at BUF 32.

(:13) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete deep left to 83-L.Evans (32-D.Bly). Receiver and coverage along sideline at goal line.

(:08) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass short middle intended for 28-A.Thomas INTERCEPTED by 92-E.Dumervil at DEN 45. 92-E.Dumervil to BUF 28 for 27 yards (84-R.Royal). Screen pass, tipped at line before INT.

(11:16) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete short left to 23-M.Lynch. Thrown away after pressure by S.Adams. Receiver along sideline at BUF 30.

(2:43) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete deep right to 83-L.Evans. Overthrown, receiver at DEN 10.

I count 1 ball being underthrown that wasn't thrown away or tipped that was incomplete. He does however need to work on not getting the ball tipped at the LOS tho

Mitchy moo
09-11-2007, 05:53 AM
Are you serious?

He wants to accept medocrity, 97 yards and we almost won. How about 197 and we win by 10 points. Almost winning is like almost surviving in my mind, your either alive or dead. A loss has no other meaning but failure to complete something without a gainand we had no real gains from this past sundays game in the QB position.

evol4276
09-11-2007, 05:54 AM
so what if we won with 14-21 passing and 97 yds? what would be your opinion then?

Mitchy moo
09-11-2007, 06:00 AM
so what if we won with 14-21 passing and 97 yds? what would be your opinion then?

It still isn't good enough to have that poor a passing performance win or lose. When your playing borderline good teams (like Denver) that have talent and flaws, you either have the ability to roll them or make it close. When you have a team like NE that has their stuff together, you need to put up way better numbers to even have a chance to beat them or your not even a contender for anything during the season. I know that one performance doesn't constitute a season or a career but can you say that JP has progressed after this first performance??

If JP is borderline good, that's where we will be. I want us to be as good a team as we can be and win more.

Night Train
09-11-2007, 06:01 AM
The QB change will solve everything. I'm sure the D will suddenly stop giving up huge chunks of yardage, once a Rookie is put in at QB on Offense.

Damn foil hat. I just lost my frequency.

evol4276
09-11-2007, 06:03 AM
Are you serious?

He wants to accept medocrity, 97 yards and we almost won. How about 197 and we win by 10 points. Almost winning is like almost surviving in my mind, your either alive or dead. A loss has no other meaning but failure to complete something without a gainand we had no real gains from this past sundays game in the QB position.

oh and again why is not a single person understanding the bronco's pass d? he threw 66% against the best CB tandem in the game, which no isnt good, but since most non-Manning qb's average 68-70% passing a game, it isn't piss terrible either. so what if he didn't get over 100 yards passing. we still almost won the game didn't we? if Lindell didnt miss the kick, or if Butler didn't false start and Lindell made THAT kick, or if we didnt call an unneeded long pass on 3rd and 5 to keep the play clock moving, we woulda won. those things didnt happen, I know. Im aware of this, but come on. not all defenses are the same. if he threw for 97 yards against say OUR pass defense, then yeah. Be upset at him. but not against Champ freakin Bailey, the best CB in the game, and Dre Bly, who he himself is another star number ONE CB, let alone a #2, making him easily the best one of hia position as well. Also, they have future hall of famer Lynch at safety. like, how do those options not ring GOOD PASS DEFENSE in some of your minds? You have to remember they shut down our main weapon this game who usually gets the most balls thrown his way.. Evans. so before anybody comes at me YET AGAIN by saying I dont know what I'm talking about and how Im 100% wrong again, how about you actually read my post for once? And also if u say that my post is BS again cuz teams have put up numbers against this d, then yes. you are correct. give yourself a cookie. you've still proven nothing legitimate. we have a WR core that all of you have said consists of 1 #1, and 3 #3's. So if that's correct, how are we the same as those teams that put numbers against this team? So all of you who are always right, fire away and make sure u say that I tried to say stuff like he played excellent or he was the most consistant and dominant I've ever seen it. /sarcasm

sorry you musta missed what I wrote the first time. I most definately talked about each subject of my opinion, neither of which accepting anything of what either of you are saying I am. because I have a reasoning behind something that happened doesnt mean im accepting mediocrity. by all means i would have loved for him to have thrown for 300 yds and 4 tds. more importantly I would have loved a win. but since we didnt, and since the total outcome was due to team failure, i refuse to put all of the blame on him.

evol4276
09-11-2007, 06:05 AM
It still isn't good enough to have that poor a passing performance win or lose. When your playing borderline good teams (like Denver) that have talent and flaws, you either have the ability to roll them or make it close. When you have a team like NE that has their stuff together, you need to put up way better numbers to even have a chance to beat them or your not even a contender for anything during the season. I know that one performance doesn't constitute a season or a career but can you say that JP has progressed after this first performance??

If JP is borderline good, that's where we will be. I want us to be as good a team as we can be and win more. thank you for an actual honest thought-out answer.

Yasgur's Farm
09-11-2007, 06:09 AM
(14:23) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete short left to 81-P.Price (97-S.Rice). Pass tipped at line.

(11:53) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete to 83-L.Evans (32-D.Bly). Receiver and coverage at BUF 21, ball thrown behind receiver.

(11:10) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete short right to 11-R.Parrish [92-E.Dumervil]. Underthrown, receiver at BUF 32.

(:13) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete deep left to 83-L.Evans (32-D.Bly). Receiver and coverage along sideline at goal line.

(:08) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass short middle intended for 28-A.Thomas INTERCEPTED by 92-E.Dumervil at DEN 45. 92-E.Dumervil to BUF 28 for 27 yards (84-R.Royal). Screen pass, tipped at line before INT.

(11:16) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete short left to 23-M.Lynch. Thrown away after pressure by S.Adams. Receiver along sideline at BUF 30.

(2:43) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete deep right to 83-L.Evans. Overthrown, receiver at DEN 10.

I count 1 ball being underthrown that wasn't thrown away or tipped that was incomplete. He does however need to work on not getting the ball tipped at the LOS thoNow thems are some facts... Nice work evol. The one underthrown pass to Parrish actually went over his out stretched hands before it hit the turf... Watch the replay close. JP completed 67% of his passes resulting in 97 yards in a poor game plan. Was it a great effort? NO! But... not worth a lynching IMO.

Skooby, stop believing the babblings of the bashers. This is what happens when you feed the trolls.

Mr. Pink
09-11-2007, 06:25 AM
I'm not for pulling Losman yet...it's getting there...

But, why do half of you think anyone is basing this off of one game?

Yesterday was a microcosm of 80% of his career starts. Face reality folks, this is Losman's 4th season in the NFL. There is plenty of games to base an opinion of him off of already.

For someone who already has what 25 or so NFL starts in his career, he was roped in tighter than most rookies Sunday. The gameplan looked like it was setup to have JP play not to beat ourselves, not have JP go out and beat the Broncos.

Mad Bomber
09-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Hey Skoob,

When did you put down the pom poms and pick up the noose?

Mitchy moo
09-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Hey Skoob,

When did you put down the pom poms and pick up the noose?

When the clock was between :01 ---> :00 and somehow we lost the game. We lost that game because of poor QB execution. I cannot count the balls at the players feet and panicked throwing. JP had all the time he needed minus the 2 quick sacks.

JP hears footsteps before the opponent puts their socks on.

kinigirly
09-11-2007, 09:00 PM
skooby i don't know what you do for a living, but unfortunately you would make an outstanding politician

Mitchy moo
09-11-2007, 09:05 PM
skooby i don't know what you do for a living, but unfortunately you would make an outstanding politician

I plan on doing that actually, you are very good.

BillsFever21
09-11-2007, 11:27 PM

Were they throwing any blitzes at him? Were they throwing any disguises on defense at him? Negative on both. I would hope he wouldn't be confused playing a straight up vanilla defense against guys no longer in the NFL.

paladin warrior
09-11-2007, 11:36 PM
:baghead: JP threw 97 yards 14 CP/21 AT...