• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

I'm calling it out now, Edwards needs to be our QB

Who was the best player we had in the pre-season? Edwards bar none.

Who did Bill Walsh tell Marv to play QB from his deathbed? Edwards.

Who looked poised all preseason and tossed the ball at the last second nearly everytime? ............

Mark my words, when Edwards sees the field, surfer boy hits the first wave out of town. It's a freaking Tom Brady situation all over again. The Pats went from worse to first from one position, QB. We need someone that rules the QB spot, not just plays it. When Kelly had the Ball with 3 minutes left and we had the lead, game over. When we're behind and Kelly got the ball with 3 minutes left, you knew we we're going to win. Can you say the same thing about JP?? Not a chance or prayer. Sit this kid for a few games and lets see what Edwards can do, then maybe we have a chance for success. With JP at the wheel the car is going to crash more often then not.
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

Re: I'm calling it out now, Edwards needs to be our QB

Take it easy...Buffalo throws QB in the trash bin more then any other team. JP Did NOT lose that game for us.I dont think you know what your talking about.

Originally posted by Skooby

Who looked poised all preseason and tossed the ball at the last second nearly everytime? ............

Mark my words, when Edwards sees the field, surfer boy hits the first wave out of town. It's a freaking Tom Brady situation all over again. The Pats went from worse to first from one position, QB. We need someone that rules the QB spot, not just plays it. When Kelly had the Ball with 3 minutes left and we had the lead, game over. When we're behind and Kelly got the ball with 3 minutes left, you knew we we're going to win. Can you say the same thing about JP?? Not a chance or prayer. Sit this kid for a few games and lets see what Edwards can do, then maybe we have a chance for success. With JP at the wheel the car is going to crash more often then not.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Dude honestly.......... How many threads/posts do we have to read about the same damn thing? Losman played poorly, so did Jauron, so did the defense blah blah blah. Everyone gets the point. Carry on to next week.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by acehole
        Take it easy...Buffalo throws QB in the trash bin more then any other team. JP Did NOT lose that game for us.I dont think you know what your talking about.
        Really, ask a few of the receivers that had the balls landing at their feet how they feel, 97 yards man. I mean how inept can one person be at their position.

Ask yourself one question, if we had a Tom Brady type QB that knows his stuff and was really sharp would we win more games?? Edwards got a ringing endorsement from a legend on his deathbed, maybe someone needs to pick up the other line.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
          Dude honestly.......... How many threads/posts do we have to read about the same damn thing? Losman played poorly, so did Jauron, so did the defense blah blah blah. Everyone gets the point. Carry on to next week.
          Point taken.

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Point taken.
            Nothing personal, it just seems like all the threads are becoming repetitive.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
              Nothing personal, it just seems like all the threads are becoming repetitive.
              Your right this may have been but I feel that this really needs to be discussed. I watched Trent out there during the preseason and I thought to myself what flaws does this guy have?? He looked twice as composed as Jp and he never played a down in the NFL at all. Did anything faze him or confuse him?? No.

Best player at camp and he sits behind JP?? Why??

Field the best team you can every sunday.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Be patient Skooby. Edwards will be starting soon .

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Your right this may have been but I feel that this really needs to be discussed. I watched Trent out there during the preseason and I thought to myself what flaws does this guy have?? He looked twice as composed as Jp and he never played a down in the NFL at all. Did anything faze him or confuse him?? No.

Best player at camp and he sits behind JP?? Why??

Field the best team you can every sunday.
                  Yeah but why throw a rookie out to the dogs like that? I personally am not a fan of starting rookie QB's unless you have to.

I think Losman earned himself at least till the half way point to show what he has. If he continues to stink (which I don't think he will) then let's go to someone else.

I know it's been said and argued a thousand times this week but honestly, Edwards played against a bunch of guys who likely didn't make their respective teams. It's a lot different when you are playing against real all-pro talent.

Point is, if Losman sucks and Jauron thinks he's ready then Edwards will get his chance and he should. But until we are "mathematically eliminated" let's stick with the vet.

Comment

• BAM
                    • Sep 2003

I think you may be a bit premature on this one, Skooby. Give him a few weeks at least.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Skooby are you schizophrenic? Edwards isn't starting. Let it go. You were the biggest JP homer 48 hours ago.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                        Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                        • Dec 2005

if we had a Tom Brady type QB that knows his stuff and was really sharp would we win more games??
                        And if i had a winning lottery ticket most of my problems would be solved whats your point?

You have to work with what you got. Do you really believe that a rookie would of done any better against bly and bailey at the coners. I highly doubt it. Most likely it would of been a lot worse then what it was.

All this talk about bench JP is crap. Denver has a good defense. Whats funny is the fact the bills D held denver to 15pts even though they ran up and down the field on them. I think that is a positive.

Comment

• jonah7777
                          • Aug 2005

goood grief and if edwards plays and gets hurt bad then what... you'll be crying a river then...

Comment

• Oaf
                            Do you read what you write?
                            • Jun 2007

You've been such a fickle poster Skooby. This way and that way, over a single performance, over and over again. I feel as I am on a ship rocking back and forth, back and forth with you. Either that, or Mike Mularkey is in the room. Give it a couple games, and stop using phrases like "mark my words," just because you were the first you come up with a random speculative comment.

BTW, Fred Jackson was the best preseason player IMO, or Whitner.

Not a chance or prayer. Sit this kid for a few games and lets see what <Edwards> can do, then maybe we have a chance for success.
                            (Insert Holcomb here.)

Famous last words.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by tat2dmike77

You have to work with what you got. Do you really believe that a rookie would of done any better against bly and bailey at the coners. I highly doubt it. Most likely it would of been a lot worse then what it was.

All this talk about bench JP is crap. Denver has a good defense. Whats funny is the fact the bills D held denver to 15pts even though they ran up and down the field on them. I think that is a positive.
                              I cannot say for sure if he would of done better but he couldn't have done much worse, 97 yards man.

Comment

Working...
                              X