PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Everett's situation makes me sick to my stomach

historypete
09-10-2007, 11:06 PM
My wife often tells me I'm pretty unemotional when it comes to things. I guess I keep things close to the vest, but with this situation it really bothers me.

While working training camp this year I got to speak with Everett a few times. Nothing big, but a little more than hi, how ya doing?. I asked him how his knee was and we spoke briefly a few other times. He seemed like a very nice guy, very shy and reserved also. I honestly never wish this type of thing happens to anyone, but why does it always seem to happen to good people? That is life, I guess. But for some reason this whole thing makes me really upset.

I don't know if that is because I actually met Everett, and from a very brief impression, I liked him. Or that being a father of a baby daughter I look at the situation through a parent's eyes and can't fathom having to deal with this type of accident. I hope and pray Everett can heal enough to walk again, although that seems extremely doubtful. At least he still has his life, and I pray that he will at least recover partially.

Finally, I hope the team can recover psychologically from this blow. They have a very long season ahead of them, and I hope they can use this tragedy as some inspiration to come out and give it their all. I know the old "Win it for the Gipper" thing is too cliche, but in this case I think it is fitting.

Anyway, here is to Kevin Everett and hopefully a full life. God Bless.

northernbillfan
09-10-2007, 11:27 PM
A team needs inspiration like this to wake them up every now and then. It's not corny to feel like you do in any way what so ever.

Great post!

Win one/15 for 85.

shelby
09-11-2007, 04:26 AM
i'm having a hard time focusing on the Pittsburgh game. i bet the Bills are too.

njsue
09-11-2007, 05:20 AM
Kevin Everett will survive.

Remember Mike Utley!

http://www.nflplayers.com/news/news_release.aspx?id=4397