It's official...HSBC replays will now be in HD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

It's official...HSBC replays will now be in HD!

Sabres fans who show up Friday morning to watch the first practice of training camp will notice a large, gaping void above the ice that'll make HSBC Arena look more like an airplane hangar.

The video scoreboard will be gone.

No, the JumboTron didn't fall from the ceiling again. And it hasn't been taken down for autumn cleaning.

The Sabres are having a large, high-definition video scoreboard and ribbon boards installed in time for the regular season. The system will be similar to the astonishing setup used by the Bruins in TD Banknorth Garden.

Although the Sabres aren't going with the Mitsubishi version the Bruins have, I can speak from personal knowledge the TD Banknorth Garden display, from my perch way up in the press box, is like watching the television from my living room sofa. I would find myself drawn to the video scoreboard rather than tilting my head a few degrees downward to watch the actual game. Replays are so crystal clear, I could sometimes see the puck better on the HD scoreboard 100 feet away than I could on the TV monitor a foot to my right.

No offense to Jocelyn Thibault, but the Sabres have made a significant offseason acquisition after all.

---Tim Graham

here's what the new scoreboard is going to look like
  • SkateZilla
    • Dec 2002

Re: It's official...HSBC replays will now be in HD!

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Sabres fans who show up Friday morning to watch the first practice of training camp will notice a large, gaping void above the ice that'll make HSBC Arena look more like an airplane hangar.

No, the JumboTron didn't fall from the ceiling again. And it hasn't been taken down for autumn cleaning.

The Sabres are having a large, high-definition video scoreboard and ribbon boards installed in time for the regular season. The system will be similar to the astonishing setup used by the Bruins in TD Banknorth Garden.

Although the Sabres aren't going with the Mitsubishi version the Bruins have, I can speak from personal knowledge the TD Banknorth Garden display, from my perch way up in the press box, is like watching the television from my living room sofa. I would find myself drawn to the video scoreboard rather than tilting my head a few degrees downward to watch the actual game. Replays are so crystal clear, I could sometimes see the puck better on the HD scoreboard 100 feet away than I could on the TV monitor a foot to my right.

No offense to Jocelyn Thibault, but the Sabres have made a significant offseason acquisition after all.

---Tim Graham

370,000 Pixels for SD (640x480) Stretched or downsampled to 78,00 Pixels (SD Lite/VCD, 320x480 on a low quality LED Light Board Being Fed by SD 640x480 Broadcast Camera's.

or

2,073,600 Pixels on a 500:1 Constrast Ratio HDTV Screen being fed by 1080p Broadcast Cameras.

MSG HD FTW
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• SkateZilla
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS

---Tim Graham

370,000 Pixels for SD (640x480) Stretched or downsampled to 78,00 Pixels (SD Lite/VCD, 320x480 on a low quality LED Light Board Being Fed by SD 640x480 Broadcast Camera's.

or

2,073,600 Pixels on a 500:1 Constrast Ratio HDTV Screen being fed by 1080p Broadcast Cameras.

MSG HD FTW
      Skate Zilla
      -----------------------
      Skate Zilla HD Studios:
      SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

win hockey games...all I need a scoreboard for is the score, time clock, penalties, shots on goals and out of town scores...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          win hockey games...all I need a scoreboard for is the score, time clock, penalties, shots on goals and out of town scores...
          Exactly, who in the world goes to the arena to watch a scoreboard?

Comment

• JD
            Sabres Zone
            • Sep 2003

..it looks sweet, come on.

Half you bills fans were masturbating to the fact that the Ralph was getting a new scoreboard anyway.
            “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by JD SabreFan

..it looks sweet, come on.

Half you bills fans were masturbating to the fact that the Ralph was getting a new scoreboard anyway.
              If your sitting upstairs you need it.

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
                If your sitting upstairs you need it.
                To follow gameplay? Not a chance. I love the upperdeck. The Bills didnt NEED a new scoreboard, just like the Sabres didnt NEED a new one. Nothing wrong with going bigger though, and clearer
                “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

Working...
                X