PDA

View Full Version : Im very worried about the rest of the season...

xXSpIkes5IXx
09-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Our defense did not look good on paper entering week 1. Now with the loss of Ko Simpson and Jason Webster, I dont know how we are going to stop anyone. The Broncos ripped us for 470 yards, and we play offenses that pack more firepower than Denver does.

I feel like an emergency signing is necessary to keep the defense from falling apart completely.

Ebenezer
09-11-2007, 01:00 AM
name somebody to sign...

tat2dmike77
09-11-2007, 01:04 AM
name somebody to sign...

Mark Kelso

BRING BACK BIG HELMET!!!!

The Answer
09-11-2007, 01:08 AM
Our defense did not look good on paper entering week 1. Now with the loss of Ko Simpson and Jason Webster, I dont know how we are going to stop anyone. The Broncos ripped us for 470 yards, and we play offenses that pack more firepower than Denver does.

I feel like an emergency signing is necessary to keep the defense from falling apart completely.

We can't use injuries as an excuse - this opening weekend has been one of the worst in NFL history in terms of high profile injuries across the league.

We know our situation - but the list of big names is staggering: Orlando Pace, Jason Ferguson, Alex Brown, John Jansen - all pros all done for the season.

The Giants also lost 3 starters for an extended period of time lastnight: Eli Manning, Brandon Jacobs, Usi Umeyiara.

Also add to the list - Lito Sheppard, Ray Lewis, Yeramiah Bell, Chester Taylor - etc etc etc.

Bottom line we are either going to respond and stay competitive or the wheels will completely come off - and at this point The Answer don't see how bringing in guys off the street is even going to help given the situation.

~The Answer

BADTHINGSMAN
09-11-2007, 02:55 AM
There isnt really anyone out there..

Meathead
09-11-2007, 02:57 AM
even without the injuries this team wouldnt be ready to compete for a playoff spot right now. simply too many mental mistakes, both by the players and the coaches. for all the alleged intelligence and teaching ability of the coaching staff its pretty shocking actually. they were pretty lucky to even come close to winning this game. more performances like that and they are going to get steamrolled most weeks

its possible things could turn around but its going to be a huge hill to climb and presently that looks unlikely. the injuries are going to force even more young and less capable guys into the lineup. the whole team is going to have to get a lot better very quickly and thats going to be extremely tough

the good news is that the offensive line should get better every game which will help the entire offense. with all the injuries on the defense the offense is going to have to dramatically improve upon its week 1 performance to keep the team from getting blown out

anything can happen but i hate to say its looking pretty bleak at this point. i will be keeping my fingers crossed they can make me eat my words

clumping platelets
09-11-2007, 03:54 AM
There are some guys on the street who can come in and bolster the depth

Maybe we could end up with a top 5 pick and make draft day REALLY exciting :couch:

Night Train
09-11-2007, 04:06 AM
It's up to the Coaches to make serious changes ( scheme and players on current roster ) after game 5 ( Bye week ).

It could get very ugly the next 2 weeks on the road. ( Steelers and Pats )
Then home against the Jets and Cowboys.

If we get beat, then no excuses work. We are what we are.

Let's see what happens first. It will go a long way in telling us what Jauron and Co. are capable of doing.

jamze132
09-11-2007, 05:05 AM
Let's not let injuries hide behind the fact that we all knew that the first half of the season was going to suck. We all did. I don't think anyone can honestly say that we would be 4-4 after our first 8 games. Even if we are 3-5, our schedule does get easier and it's not immposible to think that the Bills COULD turn it around, alla KC a few years ago when they would put up 40 and give up 35 to win the game.

No, no, I do not think that is going to happen, but everyone knew we were going to tank the first half of the season of for no other reason then our rediculous schedule.

I still think it is sad that 2 of the worst teams in the NFL last year have the hardest schedules. But I am not using that as an excuse, we do suck ya know.