PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Jump Off the J.P. Bandwagon

Wally The Barber
09-11-2007, 06:14 AM
I wrote a thread yesterday about Losman's days are numbered.

Please don't misunderstand me.

J.P. Losman has till mid season to lock himself into the starting job.

We all agreed that this was J.P.'s year and I feel we need to give him more time, and thought's of yanking him after one game is just crazy!

With the injury to Kevin Everett, emotions were running high and it is unfair to blame the entire loss at the shoes of #7.

We had missed tackles again and Terrence McGee dropped 2 easy interceptions, not to mention the defense was forced to add replacement players to the lineup on the fly.

I think it is fair to say Losman did not play well, but this is hardly a reason to switch QB's by the second game.

I will say this, the coaching staff may not be as patient as the fans!

And, that is out of our control.

evol4276
09-11-2007, 06:18 AM
I wrote a thread yesterday about Losman's days are numbered.

Please don't misunderstand me.

J.P. Losman has till mid season to lock himself into the starting job.

We all agreed that this was J.P.'s year and I feel we need to give him more time, and thought's of yanking him after one game is just crazy!

With the injury to Kevin Everett, emotions were running high and it is unfair to blame the entire loss at the shoes of #7.

We had missed tackles again and Terrence McGee dropped to easy interceptions not to mention the defense was forced to add replacement players to the lineup on the fly.

Lets be fair, Losman deserves some more time.
:bf1: :bf1:

though you do know you're gunna hear it now.

djjimkelly
09-11-2007, 06:20 AM
JP has all season and next anyone who thinks diff is a moron..

people constantly curse we dont have a #2 wr

thats JP's fault

its JP's fault we dont have anyone besides mcgee at cb(hopefully youbouty steps up)

its JP's fault coaching staff waited until 3 minutes left to take a shot beyond 15 yards

its JP's fault they called a screen pass with 8 seconds left in first half

please start to understand football better or become a casual fan

Wally The Barber
09-11-2007, 06:34 AM

thats JP's fault

its JP's fault we dont have anyone besides mcgee at cb(hopefully youbouty steps up)

its JP's fault coaching staff waited until 3 minutes left to take a shot beyond 15 yards

I made enough excuses for Losman above...you did not make a very good case for him. (lol)

If you think the coaches will give him the entire season while playing below average , you are dreaming.

mchurchfie
09-11-2007, 06:39 AM

He executed it like a rookie though. Getting picked off on a simple screen play is inexcusable.

Mr. Pink
09-11-2007, 06:41 AM

thats JP's fault

It's JPs fault that he's not a player that can elevate other's around him.

It's JPs fault that he actually threw that bomb on 3rd and 5.

It's JPs fault he threw the screen.

JP does know how to audible and should know the situation of the game that he's in to realize throwing a long bomb in a critical juncture of the game isn't in the best interests.

JP should also realize that throwing a screen to Royal who's being molested by a defensive player when he's looking at Royal, means probably don't throw the ball to Royal.

Great players can make average players look good...look what Brady's done with a group of no-name receivers, Peyton and Stokely, etc.

When do the excuses stop for someone who is now a veteran and still makes rookie mistakes week after week after week?

Wally The Barber
09-11-2007, 06:46 AM
It's JPs fault that he's not a player that can elevate other's around him.

It's JPs fault that he actually threw that bomb on 3rd and 5.

It's JPs fault he threw the screen.

JP does know how to audible and should know the situation of the game that he's in to realize throwing a long bomb in a critical juncture of the game isn't in the best interests.

JP should also realize that throwing a screen to Royal who's being molested by a defensive player when he's looking at Royal, means probably don't throw the ball to Royal.

Great players can make average players look good...look what Brady's done with a group of no-name receivers, Peyton and Stokely, etc.

When do the excuses stop for someone who is now a veteran and still makes rookie mistakes week after week after week?

I am not willing to make any more excuses for him...none.

But, the Everett situation gives him a pass for one week!

mchurchfie
09-11-2007, 06:47 AM
The light hasn't even started to flicker with JP. What makes you guys think that all of the sudden a switch is going to go on and he is going to turn into an All Pro? Either you have it or you don't and glimpses of it should have started showing through about a year ago. This guy has a once in awhile good game then he receeds back to his old panicky self again. I'm tired of all of the excuses everyone makes for him. This dude IS the franchise and everything revolves around him so he needs to start delivering. Any criticism whether it is deserved or not goes with the territory. Time to quit coddling him. He has a great longball (except for that overthrow last week) and that's about it. He has no concept of working the shortgame (TE, RB, etc) and is terrible at game managment. How much longer do we have to give him before we see improvement? Last Sunday's game was a perfect game for him to step up and put on his shoulders and win.

Wally The Barber
09-11-2007, 07:15 AM
The light hasn't even started to flicker with JP. What makes you guys think that all of the sudden a switch is going to go on and he is going to turn into an All Pro? Either you have it or you don't and glimpses of it should have started showing through about a year ago. This guy has a once in awhile good game then he receeds back to his old panicky self again. I'm tired of all of the excuses everyone makes for him. This dude IS the franchise and everything revolves around him so he needs to start delivering. Any criticism whether it is deserved or not goes with the territory. Time to quit coddling him. He has a great longball (except for that overthrow last week) and that's about it. He has no concept of working the shortgame (TE, RB, etc) and is terrible at game managment. How much longer do we have to give him before we see improvement? Last Sunday's game was a perfect game for him to step up and put on his shoulders and win.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

J.P.s time is running out and the up games from him is what confuses the issue!
We need some consistancy!

mybills
09-11-2007, 07:26 AM

I still say it wasn't panic we were seeing. It was frustration from the coaches pulling the short game reins. And "quitter" posts like this makes me sick. Sorry church, you're a good guy and all, but you're just mind F***ing it now.

evol4276
09-11-2007, 07:27 AM
I think you hit the nail on the head.

J.P.s time is running out and the up games from him is what confuses the issue!
We need some consistancy! i agree with this last part, but not for jp alone. for the team as a whole with personnel and an idea, instead of starting over and over and over again every few years.

BlackMetalNinja
09-11-2007, 07:31 AM
JP is still the qb of this team, but he definitely needs to get things settled down and reigned in. He had a very lousy game Sunday, plain and simple. No, it's not his fault we're deficient in other areas as well, but he does need to step up his own game.

I know he's capable of better, we've seen it, he needs to develop some consistency and start moving beyond some of the very rookie like mistakes he's still making. Let's hope Sunday marks the first step in his progression.

mybills
09-11-2007, 07:31 AM
LMAO...groan at me all you want.

SABURZFAN
09-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Great players can make average players look good...look what Brady's done with a group of no-name receivers

the Lickers will accuse you of comparing Losman to Brady now. :rolleyes:

mchurchfie
09-11-2007, 07:36 AM
I still say it wasn't panic we were seeing. It was frustration from the coaches pulling the short game reins.
I'm tired of hearing about the plays being called being the wrong ones for poor JP. You don't know what was being called in the huddle and I'm sure he had a little bit of leeway to check out of them. That is a HUGE copout.

And "quitter" posts like this makes me sick. Sorry church, you're a good guy and all, but you're just mind F***ing it now.
Then don't don't read them if they make you sick. Besides, this isn't a quiter post and I'm not mind ****ing anything. I'm very serious about this. Its time to get someone in there who can show improvement from week to week on a halfway consistent basis. The dude is a fragile headcase.

SABURZFAN
09-11-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm tired of hearing about the plays being called being the wrong ones for poor JP. You don't know what was being called in the huddle and I'm sure he had a little bit of leeway to check out of them. That is a HUGE copout.

Then don't don't read them if they make you sick. Besides, this isn't a quiter post and I'm not mind ****ing anything. I'm very serious about this. Its time to get someone in there who can show improvement from week to week on a halfway consistent basis. The dude is a fragile headcase.

:bf1:

DraftBoy
09-11-2007, 08:16 AM
JP does not have the head to be a consistent starting QB in the NFL its that simple. The Kyle Boller assessment from FTY is spot on.