PDA

View Full Version : Lynch has record setting debut

evol4276
09-11-2007, 07:32 AM
With 90 rushing yards in his NFL debut Marshawn Lynchhttp://www.buffalobills.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?NEWS_ID=5215#) set a team record for most rushing yards by a rookie in a season opener surpassing Bills Hall of Fame running back Thurman Thomas who previously held the record after rushing for 86 yards in his rookie debut on Sept. 4, 1988 against Minnesota. Lynch also added a 23-yard touchdown run.

not sure if this was posted or mentioned by anyone else, but here is something to hopefully try n put a smile on some of your faces.

SABURZFAN
09-11-2007, 07:49 AM
i was hoping he'd get the 100 yards.i saw a lot that i liked about Lynch in Sunday's game.

mchurchfie
09-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Lynch is the real deal.:up: I wish JP would have dumped off some more passes to him and Roscoe, they are both threats to go the distance anytime they touch the ball.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2007, 07:54 AM
i was hoping he'd get the 100 yards.i saw a lot that i liked about Lynch in Sunday's game.

Why they pulled him in place of A-train is mind boggling. He probably would have gotten there.

superbills
09-11-2007, 09:30 AM
Why they pulled him in place of A-train is mind boggling. He probably would have gotten there.

Agreed, although I expect to see that a lot this year, especially early on. I think given the punishment the guys take at this level, you run the risk of your back getting "Cadillac" syndrome if you beat him up too much during the year. They'll spell him a lot more than normal this year and let him go full-out next year. However, I wish they would sub in Freddy Jackson instead of the older and slower A-train.

cocamide
09-11-2007, 09:57 AM
That 4th and 1 play was a thing of beauty.

HAMMER
09-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Why didn't Wright see the field? He is a bruising back that could have spelled Lynch and pounded on the Bronco defenders. A-Train looked very slow out there. I am assuming they wanted a veteran handling the ball late in the game to try and avoid a fumble.

Mahdi
09-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Why didn't Wright see the field? He is a bruising back that could have spelled Lynch and pounded on the Bronco defenders. A-Train looked very slow out there. I am assuming they wanted a veteran handling the ball late in the game to try and avoid a fumble.
I saw Wright out there on a pass play. Just one though. I think Fred Jackson needs to get some carries. Nice change of pace. Anthony has no pace.

RockStar36
09-11-2007, 10:36 AM

So was I but when you look at the fact he only had 19 carries he did extremely well. I'd like to see him get 25-30 in the following games but who knows if that will happen.