PDA

View Full Version : Getting back to football... my game thoughts

Pride
09-11-2007, 08:25 AM
First off, I was in attendance Sunday... so much of what I saw was first hand, yet had no instant replay or zoom to look at like those watching from home.

(In no particular order)
- JP Needs to realize he has more than 1.5 seconds to choose a WR to throw to. He still has the mindset of needing to get rid of the ball in a hurry. The OL protection was adequate for him to take 2.5 seconds to decide and throw.

- Price is not a problem at WR. He is getting open, JP isnt finding him.

- Lynch was incredible, most of his yards came AFTER first contact. This is a welcome change from McGahee

- The Offensive Playcalling was the worst I've seen since Gilbride. If you want to set up the pass with the run, you need to run consistently, then call a play action pass. When the D is stacking the box with 9 players (safeties were on the line), call a play action and pass. Attempt more RB screens, or hit a quick slant.

- Does the constant rotation of DL really help? When they have to do a 40 yard sprint to get off of the field in time, is it really saving them any energy? Kelsay and Schobel either need to learn how to play the run, or they need to hand their game checks back to Ralph. They were shown up by 3rd stringers.

- The Poz looks great for a rookie! He is going to be a monster for years to come!

- Lindell is back to scaring me... I have no confidence in his clutch kick ability

- McGee, great on returns... average CB. The only reason he wasn't lit up Sunday was because the Broncos were picking on Webster. Oh, and please teach this kid how to catch a pass!

- Great job Bills fans for showing up even in rainy conditions!

- Steve Tasker made an excellent speech!

- Thank you to Ralph Wilson for allowing Marv to speak on his behalf at halftime.

- Robert Royal is a waste of skin on the field. We dont use our TE's in the passing game, and he sure as hell cannot block!

- On 3rd downs, please stop putting in A-Train. You might as well call the opposing defensive coordinator and tell him you are passing the ball. The Bills just set a precendent that Lynch can't passblock, so when the Bills want to pass, they send in Thomas.

- Please, for the love of God... STOP ANNOUNCING THE SPECIAL TEAMERS before the games! The fans want to cheer the O or the D, not the Special Teams.

- The new Jumbotron is very nice. I found myself looking at it often. The "round the league scores" are great! One criticizm, please include team/player stats when cycling through the game scores. It's nice to know how many yards passing/rushing/etc we have or the opposing team has.

- Overall the defense played great in my opinion. Losing 2-3 starters, and still holding denver to 15 points is an accomplishment. They obviously need to improve by a lot to stand a chance against better offenses... but Sunday, I felt they held their own.

DraftBoy
09-11-2007, 08:31 AM
First off, I was in attendance Sunday... so much of what I saw was first hand, yet had no instant replay or zoom to look at like those watching from home.

(In no particular order)
- JP Needs to realize he has more than 1.5 seconds to choose a WR to throw to. He still has the mindset of needing to get rid of the ball in a hurry. The OL protection was adequate for him to take 2.5 seconds to decide and throw.

- Lynch was incredible, most of his yards came AFTER first contact. This is a welcome change from McGahee

- The Offensive Playcalling was the worst I've seen since Gilbride. If you want to set up the pass with the run, you need to run consistently, then call a play action pass. When the D is stacking the box with 9 players (safeties were on the line), call a play action and pass. Attempt more RB screens, or hit a quick slant.

- Does the constant rotation of DL really help? When they have to do a 40 yard sprint to get off of the field in time, is it really saving them any energy? Kelsay and Schobel either need to learn how to play the run, or they need to hand their game checks back to Ralph. They were shown up by 3rd stringers.
- The Poz looks great for a rookie! He is going to be a monster for years to come!

- Lindell is back to scaring me... I have no confidence in his clutch kick ability

- McGee, great on returns... average CB. The only reason he wasn't lit up Sunday was because the Broncos were picking on Webster. Oh, and please teach this kid how to catch a pass!

- Thank you to Ralph Wilson for allowing Marv to speak on his behalf at halftime.

- Robert Royal is a waste of skin on the field. We dont use our TE's in the passing game, and he sure as hell cannot block!

- On 3rd downs, please stop putting in A-Train. You might as well call the opposing defensive coordinator and tell him you are passing the ball. The Bills just set a precendent that Lynch can't passblock, so when the Bills want to pass, they send in Thomas.

- Please, for the love of God... STOP ANNOUNCING THE SPECIAL TEAMERS before the games! The fans want to cheer the O or the D, not the Special Teams.

- The new Jumbotron is very nice. I found myself looking at it often. The "round the league scores" are great! One criticizm, please include team/player stats when cycling through the game scores. It's nice to know how many yards passing/rushing/etc we have or the opposing team has.

- Overall the defense played great in my opinion. Losing 2-3 starters, and still holding denver to 15 points is an accomplishment. They obviously need to improve by a lot to stand a chance against better offenses... but Sunday, I felt they held their own.

Ive been saying this same thing for almost a year now but noooooooo Aaron is a great DE and Kelsay had alot of tackles....:rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
09-11-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm the one who he keeps telling you that Schobel is way overrated. I'm glad we gave him an extension.

I wouldn't have the Bills manage my wife's checkbook.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2007, 08:38 AM

(In no particular order)

Great post. Totally agree on everything!!

mybills
09-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Nice post, Pride. :up:
I'll bet Reed looked even better in person! :D