PDA

View Full Version : One thing that bugs me about this new captain thing....

Earthquake Enyart
09-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Now that I am back, I OD'ed on football this weekend. Most games talked about this new "C" that is on the jerseys of the permanent captains to promote some sort of leadership to the younger players. Well, the only QB's that I noticed that did not have the C were JP and Rex Grossman. Coincidense?

And as far as I know, the Bills were the only team that had a punter as a captain. I don't care how good Moorman is. A punter can't be a captain of a football team.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2007, 08:33 AM
You realize our team sucks? Moorman is a captain because we have nobody else to give it to?

DraftBoy
09-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Isnt there a C for each part of the game; Offense, Defense, Special Teams

Earthquake Enyart
09-11-2007, 08:36 AM
I don't know. There are 5 or 6 on every team, and I Thought I heard that they are "permanent" assignments.

mybills
09-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Isnt there a C for each part of the game; Offense, Defense, Special Teams
yes.

Philagape
09-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Oops.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/48/fullj.getty-75557822rs020_denver_bronco.jpg

Earthquake Enyart
09-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Boy, I could have sworn that he didn't have one. :couch:

BlackMetalNinja
09-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Yeah, he was definitely a captain... we discussed that last week actually. How he had stepped up into a leadership role this season.

I hope his off field leadership abilities are better than his on field abilities proved to be Sunday.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2007, 08:45 AM
This team lacks leadership. Schobel is our higgest paid Defensive player and he doesn't want to be captain. Kelsay actually said on Sirrius that Schobel has no interest in being Captain. This is the last player that I'd want on my team.

Giving JP captain status is a joke. He hasn't earned it and I'd bet money that most guys don't view him as a captain. The idea that they vote on it is "cute" but not having your QB as captain would pretty much be the death nail. So it means nothing.

Teams win with leadership. We have none.

OpIv37
09-11-2007, 08:45 AM
uhhh, JP was wearing the C on Sunday.

http://assets.buffalobills.com/uploads/photo/F74C642EC7D347B6B79ACAA372193F5A.jpg

HHURRICANE
09-11-2007, 08:49 AM
uhhh, JP was wearing the C on Sunday.

http://assets.buffalobills.com/uploads/photo/F74C642EC7D347B6B79ACAA372193F5A.jpg

That's the "cocky-ahole" C. You wear that when you say that you can throw on Denver's secondary and they post it in their lockerroom for the week before the game as bulletin board material.

OpIv37
09-11-2007, 08:52 AM
That's the "cocky-ahole" C. You wear that when you say that you can throw on Denver's secondary and they post it in their lockerroom for the week before the game as bulletin board material.

I'm not saying he deserved it- he certainly didn't show that he deserved it on Sunday. I'm just saying EE is wrong about him not wearing the C.

Philagape
09-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Giving JP captain status is a joke. He hasn't earned it and I'd bet money that most guys don't view him as a captain. The idea that they vote on it is "cute" but not having your QB as captain would pretty much be the death nail. So it means nothing.

You obviously know better than they do.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2007, 08:53 AM
You obviously know better than they do.

When you lose the game we all look like experts.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm not saying he deserved it- he certainly didn't show that he deserved it on Sunday. I'm just saying EE is wrong about him not wearing the C.

That wasn't directed towards you. I was just having fun with it.

JP is a nice kid but I wouldn't follow him to battle. Jim Kelly is one of the bigger jerks that I have ever met but on the football field you couldn't ask for a better leader.

RockStar36
09-11-2007, 09:03 AM
I don't think that after this one game it is fair to say he isn't a leader of the offense. He did more than enough last year to prove he is a leader and that the team wants to go into battle with him.

mybills
09-11-2007, 09:07 AM
I still don't know what the green dot is for. :doh:

HHURRICANE
09-11-2007, 09:19 AM

Mic in helmet.

HHURRICANE

New rule so you know who has them.

justasportsfan
This team lacks leadership. Schobel is our higgest paid Defensive player and he doesn't want to be captain. Kelsay actually said on Sirrius that Schobel has no interest in being Captain. This is the last player that I'd want on my team.

You don't have to have the title to lead a team. Some people lead by example or field performance. Schobel is that type of player. He's never been vocal.

But hey, keep *****ing about the best players on the team. I want guys like Schobel on my team anyday and you , nothing personal but I don't like whiners on my team. You're awful for moral.

Giving JP captain status is a joke. He hasn't earned it and I'd bet money that most guys don't view him as a captain. .One horrible post after another.

The players voted for him. Get informed next time.He earned it. Whether he can keep it is another question.

Bulldog
09-11-2007, 09:20 AM

It signifies the player with a speaker in their helmet. Each team is only permitted to have one player in the game with a speaker at any given time.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2007, 09:24 AM
But hey, keep *****ing about the best players on the team. I want guys like Schobel on my team anyday and you , nothing personal but I don't like whiners on my team. You're awful for moral.

One horrible post after another.

The players voted for him. Get informed next time.He earned it. Whether he can keep it is another question.

Read the post. I acknowledged they vote for it.

I don't like guys on my team who keep promising a winning perfromance and don't deliver.

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Read the post. I acknowledged they vote for it. .
so how do you come up with "he didn't earn it and they don't view him a captain"?

Your sources blow.

I don't like guys on my team who keep promising a winning perfromance and don't deliver . It's obvious you lack the ability to realize it's a team game. Captains alone can't win the game. Evans is a co-captain. Maybe we should ship his ass somewhere too. Moorman is a captain, Skobey and Butler screwed up and caused the ST penalties, let's get rid of his arse too.

Get a clue.

You whiners will find anything to whine about. Sad excuse for a bills fan.

mybills
09-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks, Hurricane & Bulldog. :up: I hadn't heard anything about it.

The King
09-11-2007, 09:39 AM
You guys mis-interpruted. Jp's C stands for Crap.

HHURRICANE
so how do you come up with "he didn't earn it and they don't view him a captain"?

Your sources blow.

It's obvious you lack the ability to realize it's a team game. Captains alone can't win the game. Evans is a co-captain. Maybe we should ship his ass somewhere too. Moorman is a captain, Skobey and Butler screwed up and caused the ST penalties, let's get rid of his arse too.

Get a clue.

You whiners will find anything to whine about. Sad excuse for a bills fan.

Can you use your brain for "justa" second.

1) If they don't vote JP as the Captain that's basically telling the world that they have no confidence in the kid. They didn't have a choice. Think about it. So him being voted on is a joke. How many teams didn't vote their QB as a captain? I think it was 2 teams.

2) My sources only suck because they never agree with your opinion on everything. When you find a post where I quote one of my "insiders" and it's not right, let me know. I told you over the summer that the FO wasn't confident in JP as a leader and that it "bummed" me out. Should I not post stuff I know to be true?

3) Because I don't blindly follow the Bills that doesn't make me a fan. Give me a break.

justasportsfan
You guys mis-interpruted. Jp's C stands for Crap.:huh:

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Can you use your brain for "justa" second.

1) If they don't vote JP as the Captain that's basically telling the world that they have no confidence in the kid. They didn't have a choice. Think about it. So him being voted on is a joke. How many teams didn't vote their QB as a captain? I think it was 2 teams
2) My sources only suck because they never agree with your opinion on everything. When you find a post where I quote one of my "insiders" and it's not right, let me know. I told you over the summer that the FO wasn't confident in JP as a leader and that it "bummed" me out. Should I not post stuff I know to be true?.. haha! same old crappy sources. The team voted him and yet you know better. :roflmao:

3) Because I don't blindly follow the Bills that doesn't make me a fan. Give me a break.

haha! Whatever, I'll take Schobel over guys like you who think they know better than the players themselves. Pathetic fans.

mybills
09-11-2007, 09:45 AM
You guys mis-interpruted. Jp's C stands for Crap.
Nah, it stands for CUNextTime.

The King
09-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Nah, it stands for CUNextTime.

I think I yelled that a bunch this week too!