• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Doctor says Everett has "warrior's mentality"

“He was certainly frightened, but he was concerned about his mother and how she was going to respond to this,” said Cappuccino, who described his patient as having a “warrior’s mentality.”

“He told her that he loved her. He told her that he loved his sisters. He told her that he was going to get better and he didn’t want her to worry,” Cappuccino said.

"It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Doctor says Everett has "warrior's mentality"

This just killed me:

'Do everything you can to help me"

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
      • Jul 2005

My prayers Kevin!
      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

“He’s like a brother,” wide receiver Roscoe Parrish said barely above a whisper.

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Stoneludlow
            aka: STONEHENGE
            • May 2005

Being at the game Sunday, my mind was flashing back to the other games I watched with violent hits such as Kevin's and I just kept hoping and praying for the thumbs-up signal. It didn't happen and then I knew it was worse than I thought at first.

My prayers and thoughts go out not only to Kevin, but his family and teammates on the Bills as they prepare to move on with the rest of the season with out him.
            This has been a "View From the 'STONEHENGE'"

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Cappuccino noted the 25-year-old reserve tight end did have touch sensation throughout his body and also showed signs of movement. But he cautioned that Everett's injury remained life-threatening, saying the player is still susceptible to blood clots, infection and breathing failure.

I can't help thinking he's got a good chance of recovering. I'm seeing the latter part of this statement as only applying to the dangers of the swelling. If he's got feeling, and the swelling goes down, it sounds hopeful. Doesn't it?
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

I'm glad Dick and Marv are here instead of Tom and Malarkey.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Stoneludlow
                  aka: STONEHENGE
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                  Cappuccino noted the 25-year-old reserve tight end did have touch sensation throughout his body and also showed signs of movement. But he cautioned that Everett's injury remained life-threatening, saying the player is still susceptible to blood clots, infection and breathing failure.

I can't help thinking he's got a good chance of recovering. I'm seeing the latter part of this statement as only applying to the dangers of the swelling. If he's got feeling, and the swelling goes down, it sounds hopeful. Doesn't it?
                  Just as if Kevin had a stroke, he may have a full life ahead of him,but as an NFL player, it's not going to happen this season, since he's been placed on the IR list. Yet it may take months or years of therapy to recover from this injury. Only the GREAT COACH in the sky knows if Kevin will ever play again in the NFL>
                  This has been a "View From the 'STONEHENGE'"

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Stoneludlow
                    Just as if Kevin had a stroke, he may have a full life ahead of him,but as an NFL player, it's not going to happen this season, since he's been placed on the IR list. Yet it may take months or years of therapy to recover from this injury. Only the GREAT COACH in the sky knows if Kevin will ever play again in the NFL>
                    Playing again doesn't matter to me, it's the walking again that is important.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Stoneludlow
                      First things first, let's get him breathing on his own.

Comment

• schubbard
                        • Jan 2006

“Full recovery is a long shot. But the possibility of significant recovery is quite real, although we remain very concerned,” said Dr. Kevin Gibbons, the consulting neurosurgeon involved in the operation at Millard Fillmore Hospital.

Sounds more hopeful than much that has been discussed.... don't know what "significant recovery" means, but if you're starting with touch sensation and some movement, maybe he will be able to have a close to normal life... We'll just have to wait and see...

Comment

• Finsfan74
                          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Philagape
                          “He was certainly frightened, but he was concerned about his mother and how she was going to respond to this,” said Cappuccino, who described his patient as having a “warrior’s mentality.”

“He told her that he loved her. He told her that he loved his sisters. He told her that he was going to get better and he didn’t want her to worry,” Cappuccino said.

Seems like one mentally tough guy! The team will rally around him and step up their game

Comment

• Finsfan74
                            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by mybills

Spinal injuries can be tricky. I work at a VA hospital, and it's got a dedicated spinal cord unit.I think some doctors pretty much tell you the worst case scenario, because in the end if you don't get better than you can't go back and say, well you gave me false hope....

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Finsfan74
                              Spinal injuries can be tricky. I work at a VA hospital, and it's got a dedicated spinal cord unit.I think some doctors pretty much tell you the worst case scenario, because in the end if you don't get better than you can't go back and say, well you gave me false hope....
                              How many miracle recoveries have you witnessed there, or do they all turn out bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X