PDA

View Full Version : How will the Bills respond?

Dr. Lecter
09-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Obviously this has been an impossibly difficult week for any and all in the Bills organization. A teammate is seriously injured for life and is still in a life-threatening condition.

However, they will still play a game on Sunday.

How will they respond? As a team, coaches and individuals, what do you expect from the Bills?

I realize some might be turned off by the question and it is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

But the reality is that this team needs to play a game on Sunday. The season will go on.

Thoughts? Can they rebound from this, in light of the fact the defense is now down 4 contributors/starters?

Mitchy moo
09-11-2007, 09:19 AM
I hope JP just snaps and they throw the medium range passes, 15 yarders. There was none of those to be found this past sunday.

DraftBoy
09-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Ill be hones this week is so hard losing last second, and with Everett and all our injuries, Im expecting us to come out somewhat stale.

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Let's see what our FO and coaches are made of especially Ralphy.

Marvism "where would you rather be" would be inappropriate right now.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Sorry guys, but it's really tough to play inspired football in light of what happened. I expect us to play very flat. This cloud is going to hang with us for a while.

Patti120
09-11-2007, 09:26 AM
No better reason to step up. We will find out what kind of leadership we have between the coaches and players. The rest of the season should be dedicated to Kevin Everett and if that isn't something worth stepping up for, then I don't know what is.

Finsfan74
09-11-2007, 09:28 AM
No better reason to step up. We will find out what kind of leadership we have between the coaches and players. The rest of the season should be dedicated to Kevin Everett and if that isn't something worth stepping up for, then I don't know what is.
That is EXACTLY what will happen

DraftBoy
09-11-2007, 09:49 AM

Ill agree with you when he is breathing on his own and living seems like an almost sure thing as of now its hard to motivate for a football game knowing your brother in battle is lying on a table somewhere with his life hanging in the balance.

Mahdi
09-11-2007, 10:03 AM
The way I see it Everett worked hard to get onto an NFL team. He put a lot of time and effort into it and he became a starter on an NFL team. He also got hurt doing what he worked hard for and he got hurt battling for a WIN. If the Bills sulk and put their heads down then they dis-honour their team-mate by cheapening his efforts. They should pull together, work harder than ever and play their hearts out so the man in the hospital can actually feel like there is some purpose to his plight.

Go Bills!

TacklingDummy
09-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Tough emotional home loss.

Alot of injuries.

Game has blow out written all over it.

Mitchy moo
09-11-2007, 10:09 AM

Alot of injuries.

Sounds like you think Pittsburgh is screwed as well, I agree. :cheers:

RockStar36
09-11-2007, 10:39 AM

Alot of injuries.

The game is going to be extremely tough. Pittsburgh is a hard enough place to play let alone the home opener, after a tough loss, with the injuries, and the fact that Pittsburgh is rolling after week 1.

However I expect the Bills to come out and play lights out. There is no other way to honor KE then to play the best football that they have ever played.

madness
09-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Jauron's teams have always been known to be closer then most and considering Marv's effort to bring in high character players, we should see some real inspiring play out these guys pretty soon. Special teams in particular might be out there playing like mad men in honor of KE.

Historian
09-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Steelers 44
Bills 6

njsue
09-11-2007, 11:18 AM
JP & the offensive will have step up their play HUGE to give the Defense a break.

:gobills:

Devin
09-11-2007, 11:22 AM
I dont believe we will win Sunday, not a knock on the team at all. I just believe heading into pittsburgh against a team playing well after our absolutley catostrophic week 1......well anyway.

However I do hope to see guys step up and try and lead this team, I hope JP does what I believe he is capable of doing and most importantly Lynch, Poz, Crowell and some of these other guys really step up to the plate.

Al the Bills Fan
09-11-2007, 11:22 AM
If the Bills come out and play hard I will be happy!

Losing that many players the first week and the heartbreaking news of Kevin Everett will be hard on this young team.

TigerJ
09-11-2007, 11:26 AM
I hope that before next Sunday, Everett is able to be removed from sedation and can send a message to his teammates. That may lift the mood and help Everett to feel like he's still part of the team. It would be good medicine for everyone., even better if he goes off the respirator.

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Kevin laid it all on the line with that hit. I expect no less from everyone else.

DraftBoy
09-11-2007, 12:01 PM
I hope that before next Sunday, Everett is able to be removed from sedation and can send a message to his teammates. That may lift the mood and help Everett to feel like he's still part of the team. It would be good medicine for everyone., even better if he goes off the respirator.

If this happens then we may win on Sunday. I am curious to see what kind of patches the team plans to wear to honor KE.

blackonyx89
09-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Nobody circle the wagons than the Buffalo Bills! This is so apparent for the case of Kevin Everett. Win one for the Everett!!!

:biggrin:

Preacher
09-11-2007, 02:19 PM
I have been pondering the same thing.

The answer, I think, will come down from the coach. If the coach can come in and motivate the players, they may play with an intensity that hasn't been seen for quite some time. However, that also cuts boths ways. Uncontrolled intensity, emotion, or rage can cause a number of serious penaties.

For that reason, I think it may be smarter for the coach to come in and say, "We are all professionals here. What happened was a horrible accident. However, accidents happen at any time, in every job. As such, it is our job to go back out there, focus, and player even harder next week. Let's win this one for Everett.

I think anything else will probably end up causing problems for the team.

As a Steeler fan, I still hope the Bills lose. But man, I am STILL finding it really tough to get up for this game.