• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stoneludlow
    aka: STONEHENGE
    • May 2005

HOW TO HONOR A WARRIOR

After my girlfriend got through talking with her friend in Florida, the one who sent up the tickets for the Denver game, she told me he wanted to get a Bills jersey. But not JP's, Marshawn's, or Pos', but he wants a Kevin Everett jersey. This got me to thinking.

As fans wear their favorite player proudly and cheer for him on gameday, why not have one home game wear either a jersey or T-shirt/jersey replica of # 85--Kevin Everett's. This would show Kevin that the fans are thinking about him and are praying for him during this difficult time in his life.

To the team, either a number 85 sticker on their helmets or patch on their jersey would show Kevin that even though he may not be in the games that they play the rest of this season or on the sidelines with them he is still with them in thought and in spirit.
    This has been a "View From the 'STONEHENGE'"

• Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: HOW TO HONOR A WARRIOR

Great post and so true.

Comment

• superbills
      • Mar 2003

Good thoughts man. I suspect that the number 85 on the helmets or jersey would be a lock, hopefully starting this weekend. As for the shirts, the Bills would likely need a sponsor to step up and donate them, but that's a fantastic idea.
      "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
      Ronald Reagan
      40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

If they promise to give a percentage of the jersey sales to Everett's family or to other paralysis victims, I will happily spend the $75 for a Kevin Everett jersey. And if they don't...I still want to buy an Everett tshirt or something....

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Why Not Billieve?
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
            Why Not Billieve?
            After seeing how fast those Billieve tshirts came out during the run in 2004, up to that awful Steelers game. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kevin Everett tshirts in the Bills store by the next home game and I hope they are because I will definitely buy one.

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

I would be willing to buy something for KE, whether it was a patch or sticker or something that I could put on my existing hat (I thought about making one for this weekend). If I were to buy a jersey they would definitely have to do something with a percentage of the profits instead of pocketing the $75.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

It appears that someone from BuffaloBills.com is already on top of this. Check it out....

Comment

• Stoneludlow
                  • May 2005

It's a step in the right direction and now we need to hear from the Bills Orginization as to what they are going to do.

Comment

• Stoneludlow
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    It appears that someone from BuffaloBills.com is already on top of this. Check it out....

http://www.cafepress.com/ke85

It's a step in the right direction. Now what is the Bills Orginization going to do?

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82

http://www.cafepress.com/ke85
                      That is sweet!
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

WE SUPPORT YOU 85! This is our opportunity to show you, Kevin Everett, at Ralph Wilson Stadium and NFL venues across the country. Our prayers and thoughts are with you!

These items are priced at cost (blue shirt: $18.99, white shirt: $14.99, hat: $12.99) + a $2.00 donation to the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation. The creator of this shirt will not make any money from this venture - all proceeds will be donated in the name of Kevin Everett and his fans.

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

I just ordered the one in that pic.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

I would rather support him in some way that doesn't give all the money to the NFL. Maybe with a donation to research to find a cure for spinal chord injuries.

Oh and warrirors fight wars, not play in games. JMO

Comment

Working...
                            X