PDA

View Full Version : What I want to see on Offense the rest of the year

historypete
09-11-2007, 10:18 AM
It is clear that if this team is going to win any games at all, it will have to fall on the Offense to score a ton of points. The Defense, already suspect, is now devestated with all the added injuries. I hope Youboty gets a chance to play full-time, we have to find out if we need 2 CBs next year or just 1.

So how is this offense going to score points? I believe they have to throw away any idea of being conservative. Go Balls to the Wall as far as I'm concerned, we have nothing to lose at this point. Plus, I think by opening up the offense we will truly find out if JP is the guy to lead this team. I'm not willing to give up on him at all. He played pretty bad the other day, but I don't think he recieved much help from his recievers (specifically Price and Evans) who couldn't get consistant separation, and Fairchild. I'm on board by saying if JP doesn't show more consistancey, accuracy and a willingness to let it all on the line he should be shut down by week 12. I think that is a fair amount of time. I don't think it is about wins and losses at this point, but he leads the offense. If they continue to sputter and put up 7 points a game, that is unacceptable in my mind.

Now here is how I think they should run this offense from here on out.

1: Get rid of every WR Screen play in the book (I'm sick of 2nd and 3rd and long afterwards), and only run a Hitch pattern once or twice a game.

2: Go every down with 3 or 4 WR's. I think our offense runs much better in spread formations then we do with 2 TE's. I think the speed at WR opens up the opposing Defense, and with Marshawns hard running style he can use the extra space to his advantage, plus that takes out an extra LB or two.

3: Screw the 2 TE set, it sucks. We don't have any TE's or H-backs to run this system. I'd rather have Royal running routes than trying to block DE's.

4: Get Marshawn the ball 30 times a game. This RB by committee stinks. A-Train did nothing the other day, and the offense stalled when he was in the game. If you are going to spell Marshawn, let Jackson or Wright have the playing time.

Finally, one thing that is being said in the Media this week is that they don't think Jauron and Fairchild trust JP. If they don't trust JP then they should just scrap the whole thing and put in Edwards. I like JP and I hope he can turn things around, but if the the coaching staff has no confidence in him, then Edwards is the choice. Throw him into the fire, and let him get his game day experience. I don't support this move, but if that is what the team feels that is what they should do. Cut bait with JP and get Edwards prepared.

Mitchy moo
09-11-2007, 10:32 AM
HP: If they don't trust JP then they should just scrap the whole thing and put in Edwards. I like JP and I hope he can turn things around, but if the the coaching staff has no confidence in him, then Edwards is the choice.

How can you look at the game and say they trusted JP to do anything on his own?? JP ran scared all day, simple terrible for a QB. He looked like a slow version of Vick.

Jimbuktu
09-11-2007, 10:44 AM
I agree. Open the offense the **** up. I want to see them play like they did against the Jets at home last year. Just let it rip, turnovers be damned.

RedEyE
09-11-2007, 10:46 AM
The offense and the coaching staff need to do a better job of eating the clock. The long pass and the Lynch run out of bounds on the Bills last drive was certianly not smart football. Either one of those plays stays in field and that's the differnce in the game as the Broncos wouldn't have had the time to set up for the game winning kick.

historypete
09-11-2007, 10:49 AM
They trusted him enough to heave a bomb on 3rd and 5, when they probably should have run out the clock. Do I think the staff has confidence in JP, I really don't know but I would hope so.

But, this is exactly my point. If the coaching staff does not trust him, as many in the media think, then why play him? Go with Edwards then and let the chips fall where they may.

Regardless, I want to see Fairchild open this up. I want to see him act like a Martz playcalling clone, rather then have call a game like Joe Pendry. I hope JP is the QB, but it goes way beyond that at this point. Come out with guns blazing on offense, not some stupid slip screen to the slot reciever.

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 10:52 AM
I think sundays game was planned around finding out what Lynch can do that it affected everything else . Now that we know what we have in Lynch, Let JP play the freaking game. No more babying Lynch or JP. Just open the playbook and let it all hang loose.

RedEyE
09-11-2007, 10:54 AM
I think sundays game was planned around finding out what Lynch can do that it affected everything else . Now that we know what we have in Lynch, Let JP play the freaking game. No more babying Lynch or JP. Just open the playbook and let it all hang loose.

I agree. I think JP is a better QB when he has control of the game. Let him loose on the field.

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 11:00 AM
I agree. I think JP is a better QB when he has control of the game. Let him loose on the field.just like when Fairchild let JP play against the jets and threw for 300 yards.

JP has been aswome during 2 minute drills during camp when the OC is not involved.
I think Fairchild is outcoaching himself. I can't stand it when OC take too much control over their qb's. Just let them play and if JP isn't smart enough to carry the team then we know he's not the franchise qb.

The last buffalo fan
09-11-2007, 11:33 AM
So how is this offense going to score points? I believe they have to throw away any idea of being conservative. Go Balls to the Wall as far as I'm concerned, we have nothing to lose at this point. Plus, I think by opening up the offense we will truly find out if JP is the guy to lead this team. I'm not willing to give up on him at all. He played pretty bad the other day, but I don't think he recieved much help from his recievers (specifically Price and Evans) who couldn't get consistant separation, and Fairchild. I'm on board by saying if JP doesn't show more consistancey, accuracy and a willingness to let it all on the line he should be shut down by week 12. I think that is a fair amount of time. I don't think it is about wins and losses at this point, but he leads the offense. If they continue to sputter and put up 7 points a game, that is unacceptable in my mind.

Now here is how I think they should run this offense from here on out.

1: Get rid of every WR Screen play in the book (I'm sick of 2nd and 3rd and long afterwards), and only run a Hitch pattern once or twice a game.

Too predictable, the Cbs were right there on the LOS. :up:

2: Go every down with 3 or 4 WR's. I think our offense runs much better in spread formations then we do with 2 TE's. I think the speed at WR opens up the opposing Defense, and with Marshawns hard running style he can use the extra space to his advantage, plus that takes out an extra LB or two.

In that formation, the Broncos had at least 4 or 5 Cbs. There were less people in the box, so ML was running WILD. :up:

3: Screw the 2 TE set, it sucks. We don't have any TE's or H-backs to run this system. I'd rather have Royal running routes than trying to block DE's.

Less lanes where to run, and he is too slow to react to a speedy DEs. :up:

4: Get Marshawn the ball 30 times a game. This RB by committee stinks. A-Train did nothing the other day, and the offense stalled when he was in the game. If you are going to spell Marshawn, let Jackson or Wright have the playing time.

Let Wright and Jackson play, ATrain look slow and powerless. They are the future.

Finally, one thing that is being said in the Media this week is that they don't think Jauron and Fairchild trust JP. If they don't trust JP then they should just scrap the whole thing and put in Edwards. I like JP and I hope he can turn things around, but if the the coaching staff has no confidence in him, then Edwards is the choice. Throw him into the fire, and let him get his game day experience. I don't support this move, but if that is what the team feels that is what they should do. Cut bait with JP and get Edwards prepared. :bf1:

Great post Pete!! :up:

Elminster
09-11-2007, 12:51 PM
I don't how needing to see how Lynch would do involved shackling JP. He's won games with his arm before, and he'll do it again if they fricking let him! If they release him and he torches us, I'll never be positive about the Bills again! C'mon Fairchild you fool, let your QB play!