PDA

View Full Version : Are we seriously calling for JP to be benched after 1 game?

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Seriously? :shakeno: :ill: :rolleyes:

Well its not like we were playing the #1 CB tandem in the league... Oh wait....

RedEyE
09-11-2007, 11:09 AM
It looks like some people feel that way Thurm.

I have to say though that it's pretty damn hard not to judge when you see young guys like Romo blasting the ball through the air for 4 tds.

Mr. Pink
09-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Again, it's not based on one game...it's based on his entire body of work.

People fail to realize that.

Hell, Charlie Frye got benched after 1 quarter and is reportedly on his way out of Cleveland.

OpIv37
09-11-2007, 11:11 AM
to be fair, JP's had more than one game. It was his 25th start.

But I agree- it's too early to be discussing this.

HAMMER
09-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Look for a change at the bye week if we have one win or less.

Earthquake Enyart
09-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Well, Pittsburgh and the Pats are no slouches either.

The tell of the tape will be the Jets in week 4.

TacklingDummy
09-11-2007, 11:16 AM
I don't want to see Edwards any sooner than Dec. 9 against the Fins.

Elminster
09-11-2007, 11:18 AM
to be fair, JP's had more than one game. It was his 25th start.

But I agree- it's too early to be discussing this.
And people seem to forget that some of those recent games have been pretty good...and there are successful comebacks amongst them. It'll take a good while for me to forget that...

The last buffalo fan
09-11-2007, 11:19 AM
This is a "team sport", right? I don't know man about it, but I'm first a Bills fan than a Losman's fan. I like Losman alot, and I'm willing to give the guy all the time he needs/wants, but it could be too long too much. If DJ and Fairchild want to open the book for him, the time is now. :gobills:

TacklingDummy
09-11-2007, 11:26 AM
And people seem to forget that some of those recent games have been pretty good...and there are successful comebacks amongst them. It'll take a good while for me to forget that...

Can you post the stats. for JPs last 3 games? Thanks.

BAM
09-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Way too early.

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2007, 11:30 AM

Hell, Charlie Frye got benched after 1 quarter and is reportedly on his way out of Cleveland.
I totally realize this. He had a good year last season..

The Answer
09-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Look at the QB's that have been in this league the same amount of time as Losman, and have less game experience under their belt:

Romo, Cutler, and Vince Young in particular - these guys are getting it done and performing at a high level, Losman is not.

At some point you have to acknowledge the obvious.

~The Answer

The Answer
09-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Can you post the stats. for JPs 3 last games? Thanks.

TD - allow The Answer to do it for you since he already posted it yesterday:

12/24/07 - Home against the Titans:

1 TD, 2 Int's, 3 sacks, 68.5 QB rating

12/31/07 - At the Ravens:

1 TD, 2 Int's 3 sacks, 63.6 QB rating

09/09/07: Home against the Broncos

0 TD, 1 Int, 2 sacks, 57 QB rating

~The Answer

THATHURMANATOR
Look at the QB's that have been in this league the same amount of time as Losman, and have less game experience under their belt:

Romo, Cutler, and Vince Young in particular - these guys are getting it done and performing at a high level, Losman is not.

At some point you have to acknowledge the obvious.

~The Answer
LOL... Vince Young looked fantastic Sunday... 78 yards!!!! :rolleyes:

THATHURMANATOR
TD - allow The Answer to do it for you since he already posted it yesterday:

12/24/07 - Home against the Titans:

1 TD, 2 Int's, 3 sacks, 68.5 QB rating

12/31/07 - At the Ravens:

1 TD, 2 Int's 3 sacks, 63.6 QB rating

09/09/07: Home against the Broncos

0 TD, 1 Int, 2 sacks, 57 QB rating

~The Answer

Give me the 5 previous to that....

The Answer
09-11-2007, 11:34 AM
LOL... Vince Young looked fantastic Sunday... 78 yards!!!! :rolleyes:

Bottom line - VY just wins football games.

So stats are deceiving in this case - dude is a BALLA!

~The Answer

cocamide
09-11-2007, 11:34 AM

So, we're supposed to judge our players by how they play against weak competition?

The Answer
09-11-2007, 11:35 AM

What does that matter?

We are talking about recent history - this is a 'what have you done for me lately' league - and Losman quite frankly has done nothing for The Answer except reinforce the theory he is a bust and needs to be benched for Trent 'The Real Deal' Edwards.

~The Answer

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2007, 11:43 AM
What does that matter?

We are talking about recent history - this is a 'what have you done for me lately' league - and Losman quite frankly has done nothing for The Answer except reinforce the theory he is a bust and needs to be benched for Trent 'The Real Deal' Edwards.

~The Answer

What does the previous 3 matter then?

Devin
09-11-2007, 11:45 AM

I agree. I think as soon as week 4 or 5 we will have an idea of what we will have this season with Losman.

PECKERWOOD
09-11-2007, 11:45 AM
From my observations, I think that the general consensus around here is that JP is on a shortened leash and if he doesn't make things click by midway through the season then he will be benched in favor of Edwards. I don't think anybody with half a brain would call for Losman to be benched right away.

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2007, 11:52 AM
From my observations, I think that the general consensus around here is that JP is on a shortened leash and if he doesn't make things click by midway through the season then he will be benched in favor of Edwards. I don't think anybody with half a brain would call for Losman to be benched right away.
Agreed but there appears to be a bunch of half brains here..... :ill:

Yasgur's Farm
09-11-2007, 11:57 AM
The 3 previous to the last 3...

62%, 7.6 yds/att, 9.9 td%, 2.8 int%, 106.6 passer rating

Hell we should be able to pick any 3 consecutive games to fortify our point.

Chooches!

Mr. Pink
09-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Alright here's a backup QB in this league's last 5 starts...Maybe he should still start too...why doesn't he? Because he's not good enough. Other organizations realize when to move on on players, but not us.

att com yards % YPA long TD INT Rating
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td>19</td> <td>27</td> <td>253</td> <td>70.4</td> <td>9.37</td> <td>34</td> <td>3</td> <td>0</td> <td>
</td> <td>136.8</td> <td>
</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td>24</td> <td>34</td> <td>289</td> <td>70.6</td> <td>8.50</td> <td>47</td> <td>3</td> <td>1</td> <td>
</td> <td>113.5</td> <td>
</td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td>15</td> <td>36</td> <td>151</td> <td>41.7</td> <td>4.19</td> <td>31</td> <td>0</td> <td>2</td> <td>
</td> <td>31.1</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td>17</td> <td>31</td> <td>226</td> <td>54.8</td> <td>7.29</td> <td>62</td> <td>3</td> <td>1</td> <td>
</td> <td>97.0</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td>13</td> <td>21</td> <td>238</td> <td>61.9</td> <td>11.33</td> <td>77</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> <td>
</td> <td>112.8</td> <td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
4 of this guy's last 5 starts have been pretty good...better than JPs actually. And he STILL isn't an NFL starter. Who do you think it is? by the way this team also signed an OLD beaten down injury prone player to replace him as starter. And, oh, this QB also only had about 30 starts prior to being replaced.

These 5 games he showed more than JP did in his 25 or so starts. Yet we still are under the belief that he's good enough? Why? It's about that time to move on from yet another TD blunder.

Earthquake Enyart
09-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Thing of it is, is that we are looking down the barrel of 2 more lousy games against Pittsburgh and the Pats.

TacklingDummy
09-11-2007, 12:00 PM
The 3 previous to the last 3...

62%, 7.6 yds/att, 9.9 td%, 2.8 int%, 106.6 passer rating

Hell we should be able to pick any 3 consecutive games to fortify our point.

Chooches!

How did JPs first 4 games go in 2005? A reverse of his last 4.

LtBillsFan66
09-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Thing of it is, is that we are looking down the barrel of 2 more lousy games against Pittsburgh and the Pats.
Top QBs rise to the challenge.

TacklingDummy
09-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Alright here's a backup QB in this league's last 5 starts...Maybe he should still start too...why doesn't he? Because he's not good enough. Other organizations realize when to move on on players, but not us.

Who is it? 11 TDs, 5 Ints, over the last 5 games is not bad.

casdhf
09-11-2007, 12:05 PM
JP's been at his best when they take the leash off him. I don't understand why they put it back on.

patmoran2006
09-11-2007, 12:07 PM

Idont want a QB who will only play good against bad teams

TacklingDummy
09-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Idont want a QB who will only play good against bad teams

You mean teams like the Dolphins and Texans?

Then JP is not your guy.

Earthquake Enyart
09-11-2007, 12:10 PM
JP's been at his best when they take the leash off him. I don't understand why they put it back on.
Champ Bailey, Dre Bly and two safeties 20 yards off of the line of scrimmage.

Mr. Pink
09-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Who is it? 11 TDs, 5 Ints, over the last 5 games is not bad.

If you watched the Ravens-Bengals game you got to watch him and his ineptness firsthand while trying to rally the Ravens to victory!

It's none other than JP Boller...errr Kyle Losman...dammit, Kyle Boller.

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 12:18 PM
You mean teams like the Dolphins and Texans?

Then JP is not your guy.
If you're gonna bash JP at least get it right. The fins D was tops in the league. You might want to use a different team.

The Answer
09-11-2007, 12:18 PM

Because he's a turnover machine and the coaches have no faith in him.

~The Answer

NorthCarBills
09-11-2007, 12:20 PM

Agree...it's a totally ridiculous thought. The biggest problem Sunday was the offensive play calling.

I would like to know, however, what type of freedom JP has in terms of audibles and changing the plays himself.

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Because he's a turnover machine and the coaches have no faith in him.

~The Answer
How's The clipboard holder Holcomb doing these days? How was his first week? Did he flip that page fast enough?

The Answer
09-11-2007, 12:22 PM

Still not going to fly as an excuse though - win or lose (and we'll probably lose both) Losman is going to have to play solid and put up numbers to hold off the Trent Edwards hype machine from gaining momentum.

Sadly even if he plays well might be enough - all about wins and losses at this point and when your career record is 8 - 17 the leash gets shorter and shorter.

~The Answer

The Answer
09-11-2007, 12:23 PM
How's The clipboard holder Holcomb doing these days? How was his first week? Did he flip that page fast enough?

He's still a better QB than Losman - and on a team that won their opening game decisively.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 12:27 PM
He's still a better QB than Losman - and on a team that won their opening game decisively.

~The Answer I heard his arm got tired after the 5th page.

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2007, 01:24 PM

~The Answer
I was going to seriously reply to this but I started thinking this poster name and identity is fake and just trying to flame the board anyways so why bother.

Earthquake Enyart
09-11-2007, 01:26 PM
I was going to seriously reply to this but I started thinking this poster name and identity is fake and just trying to flame the board anyways so why bother.

Luisito23
09-11-2007, 01:34 PM

~The Answer

Plus this is only his second season, and first full year as a starter......Can they say the same of JP???....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

SABURZFAN
09-11-2007, 01:51 PM

Frye got traded to Seattle.

SABURZFAN
09-11-2007, 01:54 PM

let's start last season with the first 7 games then. :rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
09-11-2007, 02:14 PM

Benching him after one game is beyond stupid. However, he better play pretty well in his next 4 games or he is finished as a starter.

Michael82
09-11-2007, 02:26 PM

~The Answer
So, does that mean that Chris Brown's 175 yards had nothing to do with the win? :shocked: :rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
09-11-2007, 02:37 PM
So, does that mean that Chris Brown's 175 yards had nothing to do with the win? :shocked: :rolleyes:

Mikey, I just saw that you groaned me for giving JP to the bye. How long do you think we should give him? I'm not ready to bench him but really what is fair? I'm asking you legitimately.

I'm a JP fan like you but I can't see him lasting past the bye if his performance doesn't improve quickly.

Michael82
09-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Mikey, I just saw that you groaned me for giving JP to the bye. How long do you think we should give him? I'm not ready to bench him but really what is fair? I'm asking you legitimately.

I'm a JP fan like you but I can't see him lasting past the bye if his performance doesn't improve quickly.
The bye is wayy too early to end the JP Losman experiment IMO! Especially when you consider who those opponents are....

Denver (Champ Bailey and Dre Bly)
Pittsburgh (still one of the toughest Defenses in the league)
New England (It's in freaking NE! Come on!)
NY Jets (I expect a good showing from Losman in this game)
Dallas (their secondary is overrated. Plus it's at home and on national television. I see him doing well)

IMO, we have to give him 8-10 weeks before we can decide whether we want to give up on him or not. Because if you do bench him for Edwards...that's it. You are now throwing Losman to the curb and will be taking some lumps with Edwards and basically just pushed the playoff push back for another year or two. Hell, Kellen Clemens just showed in the game on Sunday how much different the regular season is compared to the preseason. He looked horrible!

HHURRICANE
09-11-2007, 03:23 PM
The bye is wayy too early to end the JP Losman experiment IMO! Especially when you consider who those opponents are....

Dallas (their secondary is overrated. Plus it's at home and on national television. I see him doing well)

IMO, we have to give him 8-10 weeks before we can decide whether we want to give up on him or not. Because if you do bench him for Edwards...that's it. You are now throwing Losman to the curb and will be taking some lumps with Edwards and basically just pushed the playoff push back for another year or two. Hell, Kellen Clemens just showed in the game on Sunday how much different the regular season is compared to the preseason. He looked horrible!

I agree that the schedule is brutal but the playoffs are still the goal for every team in the league at this point, including the Buffalo Bills. Letting JP take his lumps was for last year. I can't see him surviving the coaching staff, fans, and teammates past the bye. IMO.

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2007, 03:24 PM
I have had enough of this crap really. Get rid of him already.

Earthquake Enyart
09-11-2007, 03:25 PM
I have had enough of this crap really. Get rid of him already.
The fact that we are still arguing about this after 3 years, shouldn't that tell us something?

LtBillsFan66
09-11-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm not necessarily calling for JP to get benched. Just please spare me the excuses. JP needs to seriously step up and earn his spot. Yes against the Steelers. Yes against the Pats. Right now, Edwards is the QB of the future in my eyes. He's smart, so I'm confident he's using this time wisely.

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 03:27 PM
The fact that we are still arguing about this after 3 years, shouldn't that tell us something?
yeah, we need to ship Jauron back to Chicago.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2007, 03:28 PM

In fairness, Drew Bress sucked for 3 years. QB is the toughest position to evaluate.

Remember when fans wanted to start Frank Reich over Kelly. Jim Kelly!!!

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Cut JP. I can't stand it anymore.

Mr. Pink
09-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Cut JP. I can't stand it anymore.

If Charlie Frye can get a 6th round pick...I'm sure Losman can get a 5th!

Think higher Corey!

Novacane
09-11-2007, 03:33 PM
I don't want him benched yet. Give him the majority of the season . All but the diehards will want him benched by then. His occasional long TD passes will keep them believing until the bitter end.

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2007, 03:45 PM
If Charlie Frye can get a 6th round pick...I'm sure Losman can get a 5th!

Think higher Corey!
Just get rid of him already.

ddaryl
09-11-2007, 04:03 PM
JP will get the majority of the seaosn to work it out... regardless of outcome.

The Bills will not put Edwards in this year. At the minimum week 15 and all of ya's are going ot have to accept this as fact... they ain't switchin.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2007, 04:08 PM
yeah, we need to ship Jauron back to Chicago.

I hope this is sarcastic. Dick Jauron, for all of his flaws, is the best coach we've had in 10 years. We don't have alot of talent and we almost won a game against a tough opponent.

YardRat
09-11-2007, 04:09 PM
JP's the starter. It's his position to lose.

The King
09-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Chris McCallister and Samari Rolle are pretty good... How did Carson Palmer do?

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 04:31 PM
I hope this is sarcastic. Dick Jauron, for all of his flaws, is the best coach we've had in 10 years. We don't have alot of talent and we almost won a game against a tough opponent.
Na, the entire team sucks, . Fans are impatient .might as well rebuild again.

Philagape
09-11-2007, 04:34 PM

The word almost can kiss my arse and go lay in a field with the rest of the turds. I'm sick of almost. Almost sucks.

The Answer
09-11-2007, 10:32 PM

MVP players make everybody else around them better.

Do you think Chris Brown would have put up those numbers in Buffalo had we signed him especially with Losman as the QB?

~The Answer

The Answer
09-11-2007, 10:34 PM

Kellen Clemens isn't Trent 'The Franchise' Edwards so it really don't matter - in fact there's a very large talent discrepency between the two.

~The Answer