X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hammerbillsfan
    • Aug 2005

NHL 08

Anyone else going to pick this game up? It's out today.

I'll tell you all how it is later.
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Re: NHL 08

My Band
    daveviterna.com

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I will be getting 2K8
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
        • May 2005

I just called GameStop on my lunch break, it ships today, they won't have it till tomorrow... So I guess I gotta wait, but I'm definitely getting it. The inclusion of the AHL should be badass!

Comment

• Iehoshua
          • Jan 2003

I'm gonna read the reviews for both 2k8 and 08 before deciding...

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

I'd say in the past 2 years or so EA has been much better than 2k. I doubt I'll even give 2k a chance this year.

And if they have AHL teams I'd definitely sold. The only thing better would be the other minor league teams but I realize that would be near impossible to do.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Iehoshua
              • Jan 2003

I ended up owning both last year, 07 for 360 then 2K7 for PS3 (mainly cuz I needed something for PS3 and the Sabres jerseys were updated in that version) but can't recall a huge difference in one being better than the other. They definitely played differently but neither stood apart from the other. Then again it was my first experience with hockey games in years...

Could be different this year, however...

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by RockStar36
                I'd say in the past 2 years or so EA has been much better than 2k. I doubt I'll even give 2k a chance this year.
                I disagree 100%
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
                  I disagree 100%
                  I've tried both for regular X-Box and prefer EA. I liked the way 2k looked but the gameplay seemed slower and it was much harder to score. Also, I didn't like the layout of the franchise mode or whatever it is called.

I played EA alot last year on 360 and I really liked it.

D & S Sports

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

2k7 was the only hockey game I considered worth playing since 95
                    It was all

Comment

• RockStar36
                      • Sep 2004

Everyone has a different opinion. The last two years I've liked EA better and I've given both a fair shot.

D & S Sports

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
                        • Aug 2005

Well I would love to give you a review today but nobody has the ****ing game yet!
                        I went to 4 stores and no one has got their shipments yet.
                        ****ing Best Buy told me they ain't getting their shipment til tomorrow or the next day.
                        If you say a game is coming out on the 11th, I'd expect it on that day.
                        Especially a game like NHL 08 in Canada where we love our hockey.
                        I bet they didn't have these problems when Madden 08 came out.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by hammerbillsfan
                          Well I would love to give you a review today but nobody has the ****ing game yet!
                          I went to 4 stores and no one has got their shipments yet.
                          ****ing Best Buy told me they ain't getting their shipment til tomorrow or the next day.
                          If you say a game is coming out on the 11th, I'd expect it on that day.
                          Especially a game like NHL 08 in Canada where we love our hockey.
                          I bet they didn't have these problems when Madden 08 came out.

Should have read my post before you went out to get it... Sometimes the date listed is a shipping date (like this), sometimes it's the actual release date. I generally call and ask ahead of time to avoid crap like what you went through.

And I'm not even messing with 2k8... I only played the demo of NHL last year (which was only a shootout, not much to base an opinion on), but the full game of 2k7, and I couldn't stand 2k. I felt like I had almost no control over the players and I wasn't the least bit blown away by graphics.

I've played the demo for NHL 08, which is the full 3rd period of a game and it was graphically awesome and the control was pretty tight. I'll definitely have to get used to the layout of controls, but that's always the case with me for new games since I'm still in the first year of my 360 and was all Playstation before. I'll probably just have my wife buy the game for me in the morning when she goes to work since she works in a mall and then I'll pick it up from her when I get done since she works late tomorrow.

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
                            • Aug 2005

Ok, I called around and finally got my hands on a game at EB.
                            Apparently everyone's shipments are ****ed up.
                            Going to try it out now!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                              • May 2005

Originally posted by hammerbillsfan
                              Ok, I called around and finally got my hands on a game at EB.
                              Apparently everyone's shipments are ****ed up.
                              Going to try it out now!
                              Dammit, now you're making me want to get on the horn and check around!

Comment

Working...
                              X