PDA

View Full Version : Like Jets, Lions and Packers, Bills Accuse Patriots of Stealing Signals

Michael82
09-11-2007, 12:22 PM
The list of teams that suspect the New England Patriots of stealing signals is growing daily. Shortly after an investigation was launched by the NFL, which was preceded by an accusation from the Jets, the Green Bay Packers stepped up and echoed the New York's concerns.

"From what I can remember, [the camera man] had quite a fit when we took him out," Packers president Bob Harlan said. "We had gotten word before the game that they [the Patriots] did this sort of thing, so we were looking for it."

Lions general manager Matt Millen has also come forward and informed the NFL that Detroit caught the Patriots doing the same thing last December. And as if that wasn't enough, the Buffalo Bills have now entered the fold as well.

According to a report by the Boston Herald, the Bills suspected the Patriots were cheating in their 28-6 loss to New England last October, but did not have enough evidence to warrant a complaint. However, in light of these more recent discoveries, Buffalo has decided to review the film from both games last year.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/11/like-jets-lions-and-packers-bills-accuse-patriots-of-stealing/

Bruce is Loose
09-11-2007, 12:32 PM
It doesnt take many plays to tip the scales of a lot of NFL games. Even if the Pats were only able to use this info in a handful of plays, those could be the difference. It will be interesting to see how the NFL punishes them. I have to wonder if we will see a difference in their games once teams change signals up for them and they are no longer able to run their cameras.

PS. Would you try to get someone in the stands or somewhere less conspicuous than the sideline?

Michael82
09-11-2007, 12:33 PM
hmm, the more you think about this...it makes sense. Look at each time we play the Patriots twice in a year. The first game is close and the second game is almost always a blowout! :ill:

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Supposedly they could lose draft picks. That's a slap on the wrist.

OpIv37
09-11-2007, 12:36 PM
the more teams that come forward, the more it seems like there is something to this.

What a bunch of ****ers. I want to kick Bellicheck in the nuts more than ever.

There could be some interesting side effects to this, though. I saw a quote from Ellis Hobbs saying he didn't think his coaches were cheating and he stands by them. So if this really is occuring, it's being done outside the knowledge of the players. They will undoubtably lose confidence in the coaching staff and that would only hasten NE's demise.

Michael82
09-11-2007, 12:38 PM
yeah, it they go back and prove that it was done in the playoffs and the Super Bowls....the cheating bastards should lose their title! :mad:

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 12:39 PM
I wonder if kraft had Paul in his pockets. :scratch:

Earthquake Enyart
09-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Please. Stealing other teams signals is hardly cheating.

El Guapo
09-11-2007, 12:49 PM

Actually, in the NFL, it is. There are specific rules relating to this.

Miami talk shows were screaming about this last year, and I blew it off. Seems there may be some meat here after all.

If this does hold water, there could be huge ramifications to the NE coaching staff.

BAM
09-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Cool.

I hope they're convicted.

RockStar36
09-11-2007, 01:30 PM
They won't lose titles and as long as Brady, Maroney, Stallworth, Moss, etc are on the team they will still be really good.

DraftBoy
09-11-2007, 01:59 PM

hardly a slap on the wrist, up until this year NE rarely if ever brought in high end FA's to make their team better. Losing draft picks which they have built their team on could cripple them for the future.

TacklingDummy
09-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Do that Pats really need to steal the Bills plays to beat them?

bigbub2352
09-11-2007, 02:05 PM
When the team is callin a run defense or a pass defense, and the Patriots can do the opposite, uhhh that helps quite a bit, kinda explains why someone is always open and there rbs always have wholes, cheatin ****s, u know they are doin it, i hope more teams come in the fold

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Baseball no Football yes. Although I don't care too much about it either way.

Earthquake Enyart
09-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Baseball no Football yes. Although I don't care too much about it either way.
If you are dumb enough to give signals out in the open where everyone can see, don't cry when the other teams steal them.

OpIv37
09-11-2007, 02:15 PM
If you are dumb enough to give signals out in the open where everyone can see, don't cry when the other teams steal them.

that would be fine if all the NFL teams didn't get together and agree not to do that. A rule's a rule- when 31 teams obey it and one team doesn't, that one team gains a significant advantage. It has to be all or nothing to be fair.

Earthquake Enyart
09-11-2007, 02:16 PM
that would be fine if all the NFL teams didn't get together and agree not to do that. A rule's a rule- when 31 teams obey it and one team doesn't, that one team gains a significant advantage. It has to be all or nothing to be fair.
Oh puhlease.

This is a lawless society.

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 02:17 PM

that's what happens when the league loves Kraft and Hates good ol' Ralphy

Ingtar33
09-11-2007, 02:45 PM
i doubt anything will be done about this.

this is done by every team at any competitive level.

don137
09-11-2007, 02:58 PM
i doubt anything will be done about this.

this is done by every team at any competitive level.

I agree...Brentson Buckner was on a sports radio show today and basically said the same thing.

DynaPaul
09-11-2007, 04:34 PM
I saw a quote from Ellis Hobbs saying he didn't think his coaches were cheating and he stands by them.

What? Like he's gonna throw Belichick under the bus and by default call into question his own "victories" as a player? I don't think so!

Can't the NFL just let this team die already? They're not very good, never have been.