PDA

View Full Version : Bishop Kmiec Prayer for Kevin Everett

Griz78
09-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Avid Board Reader, but not much of a poster but my mom forwarded me this from the Diocese of Buffalo:

Diocese of Buffalo
Office of Communications

September 11, 2007

Bishop Kmiec asks for prayers for Kevin Everett

Bishop Edward U. Kmiec is calling on all Catholics throughout the eight county Diocese of Buffalo to pray for the recovery of Buffalo Bills tight end Kevin Everett.

A special prayer for Everett has been distributed to all parishes, Catholic elementary schools and Catholic high schools in the diocese. The bishop is asking that students in schools and religious education programs pray for Everett this week, and that the special intention be included at all weekend Masses.

“As Catholics, we have a strong belief in the power of prayer,” Bishop Kmiec said, “and it is our fervent hope that through the Lord’s intercession, Kevin Everett will recover from his serious injury. Miracles do happen, and through our faith, we pray that Kevin will feel the healing powers of our prayers.”

Bishop Kmiec was at Sunday’s Bills/Broncos game when Everett was injured. “We also pray for Kevin’s family and friends, his teammates, and the Buffalo Bills organization as they make their way through these difficult days. May they be provided with spiritual comfort and the strength to see them through this trying time.”

Below is the prayer for Kevin Everett:

Prayer for Kevin Everett

Lord Jesus, you came as healer of body and spirit, we pray for Kevin Everett in this time of crisis. Help Kevin by sending your Holy Spirit to heal, comfort and strengthen him. We ask also for your tender care to be with Kevin’s mother, family, friends and teammates as well as all those who are caring for him at this time, that they will find hope and comfort in your compassion and love. Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer. Amen.

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Amen!

mybills
09-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Amen.

jack1022
09-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Amen

Griz78
09-11-2007, 02:33 PM
I made this real quick with that great Avatar and a pic. Hope that is ok, you may want to hang it. Hopefully the file uploaded.

don137
09-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Amen...