X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mackey789
    • Jul 2002

RUMOR CENTRAL: Tebucky to Buffalo?

This has just been reported on a patriots site. TD wants to begin formal negotiations at the annual NFL owners meeting. He would solidify our safety position 100%. If we could get him for a 2nd round pick it would be perfect.

• SoCalBillsFan
    Expert on Experts
    • Jul 2002

VERY interesting...

Moving COy to Free and Tebucky at SS is an interesting move, it could be a possiblity.

I don't see this deal happening if we sign Sam, perhaps this is a backup plan? This way use the first rounder on a DT.

Comment

• mackey789
      • Jul 2002

How much would he be asking for?

Comment

• The Natrix
        • Jul 2002

this does not surprise me at all. Priouleuoeoueu is horrible. DT can wait till after June 1st or the draft.

Byrd.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

there is ZERO possibility that coy wire moves to FS.. no way, none, zero, zilch, nada.. he is not good in coverage.. he is great at tackling.. FS would not be a good position for him.. and he really came on in his SS role..

jones runs a 4.3 for god sakes.. and he played FS before.. why would you even consider moving him to SS?
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
            VERY interesting...

Moving COy to Free and Tebucky at SS is an interesting move, it could be a possiblity.

I don't see this deal happening if we sign Sam, perhaps this is a backup plan? This way use the first rounder on a DT.
            I don't see this deal happening. Anyway Tebuckey Jones plays FS and Lawyer Milloy plays SS for the patriots. Go Bills!

Comment

• Schobel94
              The Sack Master
              • Jan 2003

I'm not to sure on this one. We just signed an FS for heaven's sake, and Wire will NOT move. So unless we signed Reese just to trade him, I say this wont happen.
              Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

PP could move back to SS where he belongs.. where he played well the year before and be wire's backup
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BambinoSux
                  Don't Throw It My Way
                  • Aug 2002

I think the source might be correct but the analysis was obviously off base. This guy obviously isn't an expert on the Bills, because if he was he would realize that there is no possible way that Coy Wire is gonna be a FS in this league. He could be a very solid SS in his career so there is no reason to move him. Tebucky however, would be an upgrade at FS and that upgrades our ST with Reese and Prioleau full-time and Prioleau backing up Wire at his natural SS position. The thing that makes me think this may be true is I believe it was reported that the pick in a possible trade by the Patsies would be for next year's draft so maybe TD is considering offering next year's two for Jones. I guess we'll see what happens.
                  I don't believe in no damn curses.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                    Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                    • Aug 2002

So long as the contract would be reasonable based upon the position and Jones' ability, why would TD not go for this? It would be worth the #2 pick for either this or next year. He's young enough to stick around for 4-6 years, which is all we'd get out of a draft pick, assuming he's any good to begin with.
                    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

Reese plays corner too.....maybe we got him for nickle
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• clumping platelets

Prioleau is not a SS candidate........he's strictly depth at FS and potential standout ST player

Comment

• Doc
                          • Dec 2002

Au contraire. Prioleau did a great job at the end of 2001 at SS. He's better suited for that position, than FS. The major concern with him playing there is durability, given his smaller size. That's why I like the Reese signing. Should Reese win the FS job, Prioleau can be a backup SS and provide excellent depth, and play ST's.

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

I don't see any reason why he can't backup FS and SS
                            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Doc
                              • Dec 2002

He can, definitely. I just think he's a better SS than FS.

Comment

Working...
                              X