PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR CENTRAL: Tebucky to Buffalo?

mackey789
03-22-2003, 06:23 PM
This has just been reported on a patriots site. TD wants to begin formal negotiations at the annual NFL owners meeting. He would solidify our safety position 100%. If we could get him for a 2nd round pick it would be perfect.

http://www.patsfans.com/draft/03/stories/display_story.php?story_id=68

SoCalBillsFan
03-22-2003, 06:27 PM
VERY interesting...

Moving COy to Free and Tebucky at SS is an interesting move, it could be a possiblity.

I don't see this deal happening if we sign Sam, perhaps this is a backup plan? This way use the first rounder on a DT.

mackey789
03-22-2003, 06:29 PM
How much would he be asking for?

The Natrix
03-22-2003, 06:34 PM
this does not surprise me at all. Priouleuoeoueu is horrible. DT can wait till after June 1st or the draft.

Tatonka
03-22-2003, 06:52 PM
there is ZERO possibility that coy wire moves to FS.. no way, none, zero, zilch, nada.. he is not good in coverage.. he is great at tackling.. FS would not be a good position for him.. and he really came on in his SS role..

jones runs a 4.3 for god sakes.. and he played FS before.. why would you even consider moving him to SS?

The Spaz
03-22-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
VERY interesting...

Moving COy to Free and Tebucky at SS is an interesting move, it could be a possiblity.

I don't see this deal happening if we sign Sam, perhaps this is a backup plan? This way use the first rounder on a DT.

I don't see this deal happening. Anyway Tebuckey Jones plays FS and Lawyer Milloy plays SS for the patriots. Go Bills!

Schobel94
03-22-2003, 07:52 PM
I'm not to sure on this one. We just signed an FS for heaven's sake, and Wire will NOT move. So unless we signed Reese just to trade him, I say this wont happen.

Tatonka
03-22-2003, 08:14 PM
PP could move back to SS where he belongs.. where he played well the year before and be wire's backup

BambinoSux
03-22-2003, 08:19 PM
I think the source might be correct but the analysis was obviously off base. This guy obviously isn't an expert on the Bills, because if he was he would realize that there is no possible way that Coy Wire is gonna be a FS in this league. He could be a very solid SS in his career so there is no reason to move him. Tebucky however, would be an upgrade at FS and that upgrades our ST with Reese and Prioleau full-time and Prioleau backing up Wire at his natural SS position. The thing that makes me think this may be true is I believe it was reported that the pick in a possible trade by the Patsies would be for next year's draft so maybe TD is considering offering next year's two for Jones. I guess we'll see what happens.

Throne Logic
03-22-2003, 09:02 PM
So long as the contract would be reasonable based upon the position and Jones' ability, why would TD not go for this? It would be worth the #2 pick for either this or next year. He's young enough to stick around for 4-6 years, which is all we'd get out of a draft pick, assuming he's any good to begin with.

casdhf
03-23-2003, 07:21 AM
Reese plays corner too.....maybe we got him for nickle

clumping platelets
03-23-2003, 07:24 AM
Prioleau is not a SS candidate........he's strictly depth at FS and potential standout ST player

Doc
03-23-2003, 08:42 AM
Au contraire. Prioleau did a great job at the end of 2001 at SS. He's better suited for that position, than FS. The major concern with him playing there is durability, given his smaller size. That's why I like the Reese signing. Should Reese win the FS job, Prioleau can be a backup SS and provide excellent depth, and play ST's.

casdhf
03-23-2003, 08:52 AM
I don't see any reason why he can't backup FS and SS :up:

Doc
03-23-2003, 08:56 AM
He can, definitely. I just think he's a better SS than FS.

JefftheBillsfan
03-23-2003, 09:27 AM
Tebucky Jones would be a perfect FS fit in our defense. Ive been saying it all offseason. Physical, and can cover. Wire wont go to FS, thats for sure. I wouldnt mind seeing him have to win his job from PP though.

The Bills could still likely get Tebuck and Sam Adams. In that case, trading our #1 wouldnt be all that bad, maybe if we got say, another late pick out of it. If the plan is to only get 1 of them then we need to hold onto that pick so we can upgrade DT in the draft. But trading a #2 would be a good option.

colin
03-23-2003, 10:39 AM
If Reese and Tebucky can fight for FS and PP and Wire can fight for SS, Tebucky and PP might end up being the starters.

TigerJ
03-23-2003, 04:20 PM
I'm expecting Coy Wire to be a very good SS this year. I've seen nothing from the Bills to indicate they don't expect the same thing.

therottweiler
03-23-2003, 06:29 PM
Rumor has it that Tebucky is going to be a Saint. I found this at KFFL.

Saints | Update On Jones - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
March 21, 2003 17:37:04 PT Updating previous reports, reports for word is New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick and New Orleans Saints Jim Haslett will get together at some point to see if they can hammer something out on a trade for Patriots S Tebucky Jones. Agent Gary Wichard and Saints GM Mickey Loomis are close enough to a contract accord that a five-year deal could be finished quickly if the teams agree on compensation. The groundwork has been laid for a contract that would pay Jones about $3.5 million per year. Haslett says Jones can definitely upgrade the Saints secondary.