PDA

View Full Version : If Edwards had started against Denver....

OpIv37
09-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Would we have won?

The answer of course, is no.

JP played like ****. So did everyone else except Roscoe, Lynch, McGee, and arguably Reed, and even McGee dropped an INT that could have sealed the game.

Evans had a ****ty game too. Maybe we should bench him and start Reed and Price.

This isn't to excuse Losman. This is his last chance. He has to play better and he has to do it consistently. There are legitimate reasons for concerns about JP's ability to be a QB at this level. But he's still our best chance to win now because Edwards is too inexperienced. Is Edwards a better NFL QB? Maybe, but he won't be one by 1 pm on Sunday afternoon. Putting Edwards in pretty much turns this season into training camp for 2008. We have 1 loss. It's way too early to do that.

Now, if we're 1-6 at the bye and JP is a large reason for that, then it will be a different story. Now, however, is still JP's time.

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 02:49 PM
I think MArv wants Edwards to start after he got that call from Walsh and they are intentionally trying to sabotage JP's career. .... yeah that's my story and I'm sticking to it. My sources are usually accurate.

Mitchy moo
09-11-2007, 02:52 PM
For now your right but mark my words, we'll all be calling for his head soon.

patmoran2006
09-11-2007, 02:55 PM
I do think we would've won. But thats just MY OPINION.

patmoran2006
09-11-2007, 02:55 PM
you got a lot of nerve, you want me to pull up the million EDWARDS PLAYED AGAINST THE WALMART CREW POSTS OF YOURS OVER THE PAST TWO WEEKS?

Jimbuktu
09-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Would we have won?

The answer of course, is no.

JP played like ****. So did everyone else except Roscoe, Lynch, McGee, and arguably Reed, and even McGee dropped an INT that could have sealed the game.

Evans had a ****ty game too. Maybe we should bench him and start Reed and Price.

This isn't to excuse Losman. This is his last chance. He has to play better and he has to do it consistently. There are legitimate reasons for concerns about JP's ability to be a QB at this level. But he's still our best chance to win now because Edwards is too inexperienced. Is Edwards a better NFL QB? Maybe, but he won't be one by 1 pm on Sunday afternoon. Putting Edwards in pretty much turns this season into training camp for 2008. We have 1 loss. It's way too early to do that.

Now, if we're 1-6 at the bye and JP is a large reason for that, then it will be a different story. Now, however, is still JP's time.

Exactly. Everyone relax and take a deep breath. ONE GAME.

patmoran2006
09-11-2007, 02:57 PM
I LIKE both QB's.

I think Edwards is better for THIS SYSTEM.
and I think he's going to be the best rookie qb in this class when its said and done too.

OpIv37
09-11-2007, 03:00 PM

that's entirely possible but now is not the time.

Mr. Pink
09-11-2007, 03:01 PM
I think if 30 other starting QBs from Thurs-Mon played minus Charlie Frye...we would have won the game, honestly.

gr8slayer
09-11-2007, 03:03 PM
It's way too early to throw Edwards to the dogs. It's Losman's job to lose and for the time being and it should be. If he can't get it done later in the year then **** him. I don't want to ever see him in a Bills jersey again.

I think TD set a good date for a change; December 9th............. that is assuming Losman isn't doing it.

The Answer
09-11-2007, 03:05 PM

The Answer agrees - NFL coaches have plenty of game film on Losman and it's no secret how to shut him down - take away the deep ball.

Edwards on the other hand can make all the throws necessary in this league and would have probably done serious damage with just screen passes.

~The Answer

raphael120
09-11-2007, 03:09 PM
If whats, buts. WHO CARES?!

What's done is done.

If JP AND the coaching staff can't handle and game plan around good defenses, then we're in big ****ing trouble because we have the Pats to deal with, the Steelers, Ravens, etc. Good teams find ways to win and work around the opposing teams strengths. We didn't, we didnt exploit any of the weaknesses in Denver. The only players on offense to show up was Reed and Lynch.

Denver is not an elite defense, better than average, yes, but to only be putting up horrible numbers like that is disgusting. Did you see how Chad Johnson put up decent numbers, as did Carson Palmer against the Ravens? Who arguably could have the best defense in the league.

Plain and simple, we arent a good enough team right now to exploit weaknesses in other teams. Once we get ahead by a big special teams play, we fall apart when it comes to building on the league or preserving it. Why? Because we can't keep our offense on the field and our defense can't make enough plays to get off the field.

With all the injuries on defense and the inexperience, it's on the OFFENSE to pick up the slackk, it's on our vets on offense, JP, Evans, PRICE, to step the **** up and get the job done! The passing stats in this game was absolutely disgusting. Our top 2 recievers had 3 catches for a net of 3 yards. Easily the WORST production by top to WR's in the whole entire league, and I guarantee for the rest of the season there will NEVER be as much crap production from a starting WR duo for the rest of the league.

Chalk it up to gameplanning, playcalling, JP's decision making. It needs to be fixed and FAST. We don't have 7 games to "get up to speed". This is the NFL. I've seen worse teams do a lot better than what we did, and we were at home! If we perform this bad at home, I shudder to think what's going to happen in an atmosphere in Pittsburghs home opener this Sunday. Im going to be there, and all signs are pointing to a loss as far as I can see. Should be fun nonetheless, but if there ever is a game for our team to play our hearts out, it's this one. I hope the team dedicates the game to Everett and we win.

raphael120
09-11-2007, 03:13 PM
The Answer agrees - NFL coaches have plenty of game film on Losman and it's no secret how to shut him down - take away the deep ball.

Edwards on the other hand can make all the throws necessary in this league and would have probably done serious damage with just screen passes.

~The Answer

EXACTLY! That's his whole MO! He is like Grossman, he can't get it done underneath or find the open man, he can only chuck it up and pray most of the time. Im starting to wonder if it's Evans who makes JP look good. When you got Lynch who can catch the ball and make a -3 yard loss into +20, you have a great possession reciever in Reed, you have Parrish who is faster than anyone on that defense, and all you can come up with is 96 yards? That's less than 25 yards passing a quarter! Just pathetic!

The playcalling has to change too, a whole series where we use A Train on each play? Give me a break!

madness
09-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Probably not because our defense was too banged up to stop a girl scout selling cookies.

It also depends on if Denver would have played Cover 2 with their LB's cheating toward the line of scrimmage against Edwards also. The middle of the field was left wide open most of the time.

OpIv37
09-11-2007, 03:17 PM

~The Answer

the opposing coaches didn't need to shut down the deep ball. Steve Fairchild did it for them.

justasportsfan
09-11-2007, 03:18 PM

For now. Will change next week.

PECKERWOOD
09-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Wow nice thread Captain Obvious.

OpIv37
09-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Wow nice thread Captain Obvious.

Intelligent, well-formed response. This message board would suck if it wasn't for high-caliber commentary such as this.

OpIv37
09-11-2007, 03:34 PM
The playcalling has to change too, a whole series where we use A Train on each play? Give me a break!

funny that you bring that up- after that series, I remember saying to my friends "Wow, giving the ball to A-train 3 times in a row- who would've thought THAT wouldn't result in a 1st down?"

LtBillsFan66
09-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Won, maybe... Would he do worse, no.

PECKERWOOD
09-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Intelligent, well-formed response. This message board would suck if it wasn't for high-caliber commentary such as this.

Your welcome.