• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Steelers Coach comments on Pats stealing

Here are some comments from Steelers coach Mike Tomlin regarding the allegations against the Patriots, which came in his press conference today:
    His thought on the accusations of spying by the Patriots
    "You hear rumors of things of that nature. It's nothing new. In terms of confirming it, it's never been confirmed in any instance to my knowledge. But usually where there is smoke, there's fire. Those rumors are founded on something. So it's not totally shocking, no."
    In regards to the rumors before, were they limited to New England?
    "A lot has been said about the New England guys and New England family, if you will. You focus on the variables that you can control; the men that you work with, your preparation; your performance, at least I do. I don't worry about those things."
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Working...
X