I'm going to start this thread to say...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

I'm going to start this thread to say...

There are a bunch of threads on the Pats cheating scandal. Justa even saw fit to call me out in one of the threads. I posted my comments, but they are scattered about and I want everyone to know:

- I'm not defending them, they got caught cheating. It is what it is.

- I recognize this calls into question all their accomplishments this decade. It is a big embarrassment and will stain the franchise for some time

- This ultimately could be the end of the era, and the Pats might fade back to mediocrity. They are still talented, but it is hard to judge how severe the fallout from this will be. They probably will still be a very good team in the short-term, but this might have farther reaching ramifications. Maybe even BB gets fired, who knows.

- No matter what, the games will go on for me. I love watching football and I grew up watching the team. I lived through bad things happening to the team before (Zeke Mowatt/Lisa Olsen comes to mind), so it isn't like things like this have a lot of effect on regular life

I realize that a lot of people don't like Belichick or the Patriots. I recognize they are hated even. I understand I'm on a Bills board and people are going to say nasty things about them.

However, do me a favor and leave me out of it. I'm not goint to post in those threads because I have nothing to add to it, so please don't be calling me out. I'm nothing more than a fan, and I don't feel like getting into stupid name-calling arguments about this type of crap. I just want ot watch football.

I've posted for years here and have been civil for the most part. So while I recognize you guys are going to go to town about this, recognize I don't really feel like commenting on it. That doesn't mean I'm dodging anything, it just means I have nothing to say.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: I'm going to start this thread to say...

Don't take anything I post personally, NE...It won't be directed at you.

Depending how this plays out, though, I'm going to hammer the hell out of the organization.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

I think you're partially to blame NE39.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

I think this is totally fair.

Wait, what is this camera behind me in this light over here...it says NE39 on it ...why you son of a ....you've been reading my posts before I post them. No wonders you always had those witty retorts. Mods!! mods!! Where are you?!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by billsfanone
          I think you're partially to blame NE39.
          No, I'm clean. I was supposed to develop the film, but the camera never arrived.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
            There are a bunch of threads on the Pats cheating scandal. Justa even saw fit to call me out in one of the threads. I posted my comments, but they are scattered about and I want everyone to know:

- I'm not defending them, they got caught cheating. It is what it is.

- I recognize this calls into question all their accomplishments this decade. It is a big embarrassment and will stain the franchise for some time

- This ultimately could be the end of the era, and the Pats might fade back to mediocrity. They are still talented, but it is hard to judge how severe the fallout from this will be. They probably will still be a very good team in the short-term, but this might have farther reaching ramifications. Maybe even BB gets fired, who knows.

- No matter what, the games will go on for me. I love watching football and I grew up watching the team. I lived through bad things happening to the team before (Zeke Mowatt/Lisa Olsen comes to mind), so it isn't like things like this have a lot of effect on regular life

I realize that a lot of people don't like Belichick or the Patriots. I recognize they are hated even. I understand I'm on a Bills board and people are going to say nasty things about them.

However, do me a favor and leave me out of it. I'm not goint to post in those threads because I have nothing to add to it, so please don't be calling me out. I'm nothing more than a fan, and I don't feel like getting into stupid name-calling arguments about this type of crap. I just want ot watch football.

I've posted for years here and have been civil for the most part. So while I recognize you guys are going to go to town about this, recognize I don't really feel like commenting on it. That doesn't mean I'm dodging anything, it just means I have nothing to say.

You and I (and Olive Juice boy) need to grab a beer before I move to DC!

Comment

• Patti120
              • Aug 2004

Yeah don't take what people post here personally. I personally have always enjoyed reading your posts.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

No, I'm clean. I was supposed to develop the film, but the camera never arrived.
                Bull****. I can't believe Kraft would be too cheap to go digital.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  I think this is totally fair.

Wait, what is this camera behind me in this light over here...it says NE39 on it ...why you son of a ....you've been reading my posts before I post them. No wonders you always had those witty retorts. Mods!! mods!! Where are you?!
                  Yeah. I bet this never gets old.

I feel like a Chicago White Sox fan in 1920.

Comment

• Stewie
                    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                    • Aug 2002

if the pats suddenly become a mediocre team because of this, it will be further proof their cheating was behind the "greatness"
                    Originally posted by Topdog
                    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                    Originally posted by mercyrule
                    I love Weiner.
                    Originally posted by mercyrule
                    also cheese

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                      • Feb 2005

NE39, unless you were behind the camera, I dont think anyone holds you responsible :)
                      I hope the Patsies get stomped on for this!
                      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Yeah. I bet this never gets old.

I feel like a Chicago White Sox fan in 1920.
                        Lol. We're going to milk this cow dry, I assure you of that.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

a very well written post !

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Since we're coming clean....I'm completely innocent, also. I had nuthin' to do with any of the women that bore children to Eric Moulds, Willis McGahee, or Travis Henry.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• raphael120
                              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              You and I (and Olive Juice boy) need to grab a beer before I move to DC!
                              Movin to DC? Ugh, i feel bad for you. Welcome to hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X