PDA

View Full Version : 2006 opening day loss, 19-17

YardRat
09-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Kinda puts a whole new perspective on that jail-break safety that ended up being the difference in the game last year, doesn't it?

Slim
09-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Kinda puts a whole new perspective on that jail-break safety that ended up being the difference in the game last year, doesn't it?

Haha seriously, considering we destroyed them in the first half. Than they owned us in the second half.

AndreReed83
09-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Didn't that game include a Donte Whitner interception that was inexplicitely whistled dead and the ball given back to the Pats?

RockStar36
09-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Didn't that game include a Donte Whitner interception that was inexplicitely whistled dead and the ball given back to the Pats?

I think they blew the whistle saying he ran out of bounds when he returned it all the way. I'm not positive though, it's hard to remember that far back.

I also seem to remember NE taking a knee at the end of the game when in FG range so I wouldn't completely say the safety cost them the game.

OpIv37
09-11-2007, 09:20 PM
But who knows how far this goes back?

Think back to 2004- we dropped 2 to the Pats and missed the playoffs by one game.

Now, maybe they weren't doing it back then- it could be something Bellicheck started after they stopped winning SB's. But if they were, it could have cost us a playoff appearance.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-12-2007, 12:58 AM

About that game, I have no conclusive proof to say that the Pats won that game on their own merit.

Ingtar33
09-12-2007, 02:21 AM
yeah. that was the game whitner picked off brady, took it to the house, and the refs claimed he stepped out of bounds.

he didn't get within 5 feet of the sideline during the return.

I remember nearly losing it watching the replay. because he wasn't close to the sideline.

trapezeus
09-12-2007, 08:34 AM
the funny thing about the scandal is that it makes a lot of sense. Belichek was a waste of time in cleveland. he had nothing going for him. Then he doesn't change his scheme up much, and uses regular guys, not superstars, and starts winning an unbelievable amount of games.

It's not even a conspiracy theory at this point. This is actually happening and no one knows how far back it goes. If they can prove this goes back into the superbowl years, the NFL faces an issue of legitamacy and needs to address those titles.

mybills
09-12-2007, 08:43 AM
First game of the year, Bills 31- NE 0
Last game of the year, NE 31- Bills 0