View Full Version : DE position

OpIv37
09-11-2007, 09:12 PM
With the release of Powell, that leaves our only active DE's as

Schobel
Kelsay
Neill (who is more of a long snapper)
Jefferson (who is more of a DT)

1. Are we going to sign someone? If so, who? It's risky to go into a game with the position in this state- if Schobel or Kelsay get injured, we're done. And the injury gods have it out for us this year.

2. If we do sign someone, will they be ready to play by Sunday?

I'm thinking we may have to activate Ah You for the game. If nothing else, he spent pre season learning the scheme.

Slim
09-11-2007, 09:17 PM
I agree Ah You will most likely be playing this Sunday. He'd contribute as much as much this week compared to any FA we'd pick up this week.

raphael120
09-11-2007, 09:17 PM
No one else worth signing out there right now. We need a safety more I'd think.

RockStar36
09-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Something has to be going on for them to release Powell and thin out an already thin position on a thin defense.

OpIv37
09-11-2007, 09:21 PM
No one else worth signing out there right now. We need a safety more I'd think.

could be a trade.

OpIv37
09-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Something has to be going on for them to release Powell and thin out an already thin position on a thin defense.

I hope you're right because if we released him with no plan in place, it's a pretty stupid move. Not that Powell was great or anything, but beggars can't be choosers. Right now, we at least need enough bodies to play the position.

circlethewagons
09-11-2007, 09:33 PM
I cant see us going into the game this sunday without another DE- The amount of playing time powell got is a good indication that we need a de to rest kelsay and schobel. As for Ahyou is he even on the practice squad?

SpillerThrills
09-11-2007, 09:42 PM
I cant see us going into the game this sunday without another DE- The amount of playing time powell got is a good indication that we need a de to rest kelsay and schobel. As for Ahyou is he even on the practice squad?

I don't believe that they added him to the PS.... hopefully he's still available for us to pick up....:help!:

Scumbag College
09-11-2007, 09:45 PM
could be a trade.

The Bills do have two extra draft picks...I'd like to see them use a draft pick here on a young player that can not only contribute this year but also grow with this young team.

This team needs help on the defensive side of the ball desperately.