PDA

View Full Version : I just fell in love with Mark Schlereth

Mr. Miyagi
09-11-2007, 09:18 PM
You know, as a figure of speech.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014677

ddaryl
09-11-2007, 09:29 PM
this debacle pisses me off. Everyone is asking themselves now... how long have they been doing this?

I hope they take away all their 1st day picks next year.

Mr. Miyagi
09-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Taking their picks won't make me feel like it's enough.

They need to suspend Bellichick for 10 games and take away their rings.

Then they make Tom Brady come out of the closet.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-11-2007, 09:42 PM
If they did take away the Pats 1st day pics, where do they go?? Would there be only 31 pics in the 1st round then??

Mr. Miyagi
09-11-2007, 09:47 PM
If they did take away the Pats 1st day pics, where do they go?? Would there be only 31 pics in the 1st round then??
Kinda. Everyone just shifts up one spot.

mikemac2001
09-11-2007, 09:48 PM
I think they SHould get an Loss and lose 1st 3rd 5th and 7th rd picks

TheBrownBear
09-11-2007, 09:48 PM

No, the picks would go to the youngest team with the most injuries.

YardRat
09-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Picks isn't enough.

Fines, suspensions, forfieture of games...now we're talking.

College football has taken away victories for player violations in the past, I see no reason why the NFL can't do the same if the damage is perceived to be severe enough.

imbondz
09-11-2007, 09:52 PM
that's a bunch of crap, they cheated this year, not next year. Goodell better showcase his balls against the paties. They should be penalized this year. for starters, they're 0-1, the Jets are 1-0. second, all their technology will be stripped for the rest of the season. No phones on the side lines, no faxes, no communication with the box, etc...there, that's logical.

CuseJetsFan83
09-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Picks isn't enough.

Fines, suspensions, forfieture of games...now we're talking.

College football has taken away victories for player violations in the past, I see no reason why the NFL can't do the same if the damage is perceived to be severe enough.

as goddell claims the whole integrity of the game schtick...... well i'd say forfeiture of that game and if found guilty of others...... put the * next to the games

if you check out nfl.com mike tomlin's presser he addresses it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80241e69&template=with-video&confirm=true

duhbilz
09-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Kinda. Everyone just shifts up one spot.What if the Pats wn the SB this year? The Pats really lose nothing in the first round.

PECKERWOOD
09-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Bilichick outta get suspended for the season. When players get busted for cheating, they usually get suspended. Why the double standard?

clumping platelets
09-11-2007, 10:28 PM
You know, as a figure of speech.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014677

We know you wanna asscup him :up:

Michael82
09-12-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm so glad we have Roger Goodell! I knew that he would punish those cheating bastards somehow! Wait until they find more evidence that this has been going on for a while...then they are in bigger trouble! :snicker:

Generalissimus Gibby
09-12-2007, 12:55 AM
The right course of action

1) Force the Pats to forfeit the game
2) Give them an NCAA type ban from the post season regardless of what their record is
3) Give them no draft picks next year along with a 50,000,000 dollar cap hit
4) Ban Bellyjerk and any Pat who knew this was going on from football for life
5) Bar any NE player from eligibility for the Pro Bowl

Ingtar33
09-12-2007, 02:23 AM
The right course of action

1) Force the Pats to forfeit the game
2) Give them an NCAA type ban from the post season regardless of what their record is
3) Give them no draft picks next year along with a 50,000,000 dollar cap hit
4) Ban Bellyjerk and any Pat who knew this was going on from football for life
5) Bar any NE player from eligibility for the Pro Bowl

that would be justice.

but they won't do it

remember this is the league that let Shawn Merriman make the Probowl, and was allowed to be Def Player of the Year, thank got the voters didn't pick him.

this league might suspend BB for 1-4 games, if they can prove he knew about it. more likely they'll just take the pat's 1st round pick but not their 2nd 1st round pick gained through trade (the pats have 2 1st round draft picks next year, and since they'll likely be drafting at the end of the round, it's likely they won't miss it).

That is what the NFL will call justice.

and in the end, when the Pats are superbowl champs, we'll all be left to wonder... wth? why aren't we recording the other team's signals?

don137
09-12-2007, 04:55 AM
that would be justice.

but they won't do it

remember this is the league that let Shawn Merriman make the Probowl, and was allowed to be Def Player of the Year, thank got the voters didn't pick him.

I think I remember seeing an interview in the last week with Goodell and he said something along the lines that in situations like Merriman that goign forward they will not be eligible for post season awards or the probowl.

I believe the Pats are not the only one doing it, evn though I may be wrong but this definitely taints the "awesome" coaching staff Bellichick has because no one knows how long this has been going on and by knowing the plays ahead of time definitely gives them a big advantage. It would not surprise me that it has been going on for some time now.

njsue
09-12-2007, 04:57 AM
this debacle pisses me off. Everyone is asking themselves now... how long have they been doing this?

I hope they take away all their 1st day picks next year.

That and more picks will be axed! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

Liars and cheaters always get busted. :bf1:

Bert102176
09-12-2007, 09:30 AM
well with the way the Bills play atleast we know they aren't cheating

justasportsfan
09-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Makes you wonder about BB and Canton.

MikeInRoch
09-12-2007, 09:36 AM
The funny part is that LT came out and said he's not surprised that they cheated. Like his teammate didn't cheat himself.

don137
09-12-2007, 10:22 AM
The funny part is that LT came out and said he's not surprised that they cheated. Like his teammate didn't cheat himself.

The thing that it makes you wonder is if this cheating helped them win any playoff or super bowl games....Its hard to know for sure but I am sure in many people's minds the Patriots organization are now considered the Barry Bonds of football. Lots of talent but needed to cheat to get ahead and no one knows what effect it had on the past but the records and championships are both tainted.

Earthquake Enyart
09-12-2007, 10:27 AM
that would be justice.

and in the end, when the Pats are superbowl champs, we'll all be left to wonder... wth? why aren't we recording the other team's signals?
I'd be tapping into the headsets too.

Jan Reimers
09-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Besides the loss of draft picks, I think the despicable Belichick should be suspended for at least 4 games.

Some friggin' genius. I'd be a genius, too, if I knew what the opposing team was running on D every play.

Jeff1220
09-12-2007, 11:54 AM
BB cheated with some guy's wife...why would anybody be surprised that he also cheats in his profession?

Michael82
09-12-2007, 11:58 AM
BB cheated with some guy's wife...why would anybody be surprised that he also cheats in his profession?
Excellent point! The guy is a sleaze plain and simple. I am not surprised! :ill: