PDA

View Full Version : What the Losman apologists don't understand....

The Answer
09-11-2007, 11:03 PM
The Answer has heard all the excuses possible the last few days:

"The coaching was horrible"

"Denver has the best secondary in the league"

"Nobody was open downfield"

"It was the first game of the season, give him a break"

"The weather factored into the gameplan"

"The coaches held JP back"

"He's only has one season worth of starting experience."

ETC ETC ETC

So let's look at the most plausible 'excuse' - The perceived bad coaching. Well there's a reason the coaching was bad, and that is because the coaches have no faith in Losman. With their star player taken out of the game (Evans) they were forced to run a bland, predicable ball control offense to limit mistakes. But even when they did that Losman make ignorant mistakes like the INT on screen pass before halftime. Furthermore Losman dosen't fit the system fairchild is trying to run begin with. Also losman doesn't have the intelligence to improvise when a play breaks down, nor does he have the natural insticts and talent to find the 2nd and 3rd options on a regular basis.

Bottom line - 100 yards is inexcusable unless you are a playmaker like Vince Young that knows how to win games - then you can throw box scores out the window.

~The Answer

PECKERWOOD
09-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Nice post Answer.

I agree with most of it, other then that part about Losman, that is. >:)

shelby
09-12-2007, 04:26 AM
Losman is running the plays that are called by the coaches.

He doesn't appear to be a "dink and dunk" type QB to me.

i think he needs to be allowed to scramble, when necessary. He's a mobile QB and his skills aren't being utilized.

If the starting QB's skills don't fit the system, perhaps the system should be tweaked.

Just my opinion.

Mitchy moo
09-12-2007, 05:34 AM
Losman is running the plays that are called by the coaches.

He doesn't appear to be a "dink and dunk" type QB to me.

i think he needs to be allowed to scramble, when necessary. He's a mobile QB and his skills aren't being utilized.

If the starting QB's skills don't fit the system, perhaps the system should be tweaked.

Just my opinion.

You usually tweak to a different player, not to a different system. We got rid of TKO because he wasn't compatible with the scheme and he has much more cred than JP to this point.

LtBillsFan66
09-12-2007, 05:37 AM
This thread is a ripoff of this thread:
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=134063

TacklingDummy
09-12-2007, 07:10 AM
So let's look at the most plausible 'excuse' - The perceived bad coaching.

Was it really bad coaching or was it just poor execution?

M
09-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Was it really bad coaching or was it just poor execution?

Why can't it be both? IMHO I thought the play calling s*cked.

TacklingDummy
09-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Why can't it be both? IMHO I thought the play calling s*cked.

I agree.

It was more on the exection I believe.

The coaches didn't call for Lynch to step out of bounds on the last drive, the coaches didn't tell Losman to throw the INT, the coaches didn't tell Losman to over throw Evans, the coaches didn't take the sack that made Lindell FG try farther, the coaches didn't miss the FG...etc

People can blame the play calling all they want but the coaches only call the plays, its the players that didn't execute them.

Oaf
09-12-2007, 09:10 AM
I do believe Answer is on to something.

If defenses find a way to take Evans out of the game like Denver did, Losman is only a average QB IMO. Answer's right, Losman has consistently shown the inability to find the 2nd and 3rd short and intermediate options after Evans.

OpIv37
09-12-2007, 09:21 AM
The Answer has heard all the excuses possible the last few days:

"The coaching was horrible"

"Denver has the best secondary in the league"

"Nobody was open downfield"

"It was the first game of the season, give him a break"

"The weather factored into the gameplan"

"The coaches held JP back"

"He's only has one season worth of starting experience."

ETC ETC ETC

So let's look at the most plausible 'excuse' - The perceived bad coaching. Well there's a reason the coaching was bad, and that is because the coaches have no faith in Losman. With their star player taken out of the game (Evans) they were forced to run a bland, predicable ball control offense to limit mistakes. But even when they did that Losman make ignorant mistakes like the INT on screen pass before halftime. Furthermore Losman dosen't fit the system fairchild is trying to run begin with. Also losman doesn't have the intelligence to improvise when a play breaks down, nor does he have the natural insticts and talent to find the 2nd and 3rd options on a regular basis.

Bottom line - 100 yards is inexcusable unless you are a playmaker like Vince Young that knows how to win games - then you can throw box scores out the window.

~The Answer

What you don't understand is that there are no Losman apologists. No one is trying to defend how Losman performed. What people are saying is at this point, Losman gives us the best chance to win going forward and we are not willing to sacrifice the season to groom Edwards yet.

patmoran2006
09-12-2007, 09:29 AM
What you don't understand is that there are no Losman apologists. No one is trying to defend how Losman performed. What people are saying is at this point, Losman gives us the best chance to win going forward and we are not willing to sacrifice the season to groom Edwards yet.
sorry bro.. This season was sacrificed in April when we did nothing to address DT, WR, TE or CB other than Jason Freekin webster

OpIv37
09-12-2007, 09:43 AM
sorry bro.. This season was sacrificed in April when we did nothing to address DT, WR, TE or CB other than Jason Freekin webster

I half agree- I think this team has a lot of holes and it's going to be a ****ty season. At the same time, I think we have to give the guys we have a chance and know for a fact that it's a lost cause before completely giving up on the season. Also, we need to improve before playing Edwards- otherwise we're just throwing him to the wolves.

The Answer
09-12-2007, 10:41 AM
This thread is a ripoff of this thread:
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=134063

There's so many anti Losman threads it's hard to keep track....

~The Answer

PECKERWOOD
09-12-2007, 10:43 AM
There's so many anti Losman threads it's hard to keep track....

~The Answer

Wrong answer.

The Answer thinks that there are so many anti Losman threads that it's hard to keep track....

Right answer.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-12-2007, 12:30 PM
W.e its one game, and i dont really care what the answer has to say cause he just pisses me off..JP is going to do just fine, i wouldnt be surprised if he threw all over the steelers secondary..

LETS GO BUFFALO!

~DemBillsOwn

The Answer
09-12-2007, 01:21 PM
W.e its one game, and i dont really care what the answer has to say cause he just pisses me off..JP is going to do just fine, i wouldnt be surprised if he threw all over the steelers secondary..

LETS GO BUFFALO!

~DemBillsOwn

The only thing Losman is going to throw all over the steelers secondary is Interceptions.

~The Answer

PcA125
09-12-2007, 02:40 PM
I support any QB that we put out there. This being said, last game was pretty bad for Losman. I cant stand how people are calling to get rid of him now though for several reasons. 1) It was the first game, what are you going to say if he comes up and lights up the field next week against pit? 2) If we put edwards out there now he will be killed. Then we will be down 2 Qbs

TacklingDummy
09-12-2007, 02:43 PM

LETS GO BUFFALO!

~DemBillsOwn

That's not a hard thing to do when the Steelers will be playing "prevent" defense because they are up by 20.

SABURZFAN
09-12-2007, 05:01 PM
The only thing Losman is going to throw all over the steelers secondary is Interceptions.

~The Answer

i hope not.i want to beat the Steelers. :club:

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-12-2007, 06:08 PM
highly doubt they'll be up by 20..their defense isnt half as good as it was 2 years ago..im sure you all said the same thing about denver an look how that game ended up..Our defense finds ways not to break, i love it..We'll just have to wait and see this sunday baby!!

LETS GO BUFFALO

bills_7
09-12-2007, 06:25 PM
denver had plays for cutler to move around that suit him,,, JP didnt

Mad Bomber
09-12-2007, 06:30 PM
denver had plays for cutler to move around that suit him,,, JP didnt That first option play was a stroke of genius. Our entire defense overpursued, and it turned into a HUGE gain - 33 yards from the shadow of their goal line. We were just flat out out-coached.

You have to give credit to Shanahan and his coaching staff. They learned that the slant routes worked against our Tampa 2. We never adjusted, so they kept doing it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again....even on 4th and 2....

Yasgur's Farm
09-12-2007, 06:43 PM
:cheers: HERE'S TO BOBBY APRIL BEING PROMOTED TO OC

PECKERWOOD
09-12-2007, 08:43 PM
:cheers: HERE'S TO BOBBY APRIL BEING PROMOTED TO OC

That could be interesting. Or maybe one day Bobby April as HC!