PDA

View Full Version : If Nate Clements was still here we win the game

BillsFever21
09-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Webster, McGee and Youboty were all picked on pathetically on Sunday. Especially the last drive or two.

Everyone knew Walker was getting the ball and McGee got burned a few times where he should have at the very least been able to break up the pass play. I can see not paying Nate but if your example of a replacement is Webster or Youboty then there was no excuse with the money we have.

This will be if not the worse then easily one of the worse defenses in the league this year. Just getting rid of players because you didn't want to pay them like Takeo Spikes have left this team even in a worse hole. Even before when you plan on Ellison being your starter you had problems. Now we are down to Mario Freaking Haggen for our starting LB. Are you freaking kidding me?

We just got rid of players for no reason and didn't replace them. Had we used our 3rd and 4th round picks on postions like LB and/or CB instead of players that were drafted to be backups then we wouldn't be seeing Haggen as the starter.

Throw in our terrible depth at DE/DL this year and you will see a sorry excuse for a defense. Anyone who doesn't see it is blind. This defense was pathetic on Sunday and Denver went up and down the field all game. Luckily for us they kept screwing up and making boneheaded decisions all game or it would've been worse. Had we played a good offense or even one that didn't play like jackasses most of the game then we would've given up 40 pts.

And coaching was even the worse. Jauron just stood there with a dumb look on his face as our home opener crumbled in front of everyone's eyes. When the chips is down Jauron can't rise above it. One play was all we needed. Just one. Everyone knew Walker was getting the ball and they couldn't stop him. 3rd and 23? 3rd and 13. Three 4th down conversions made. That is inexcusable.

CSFAN
09-11-2007, 11:45 PM
I'd prefer a more realistic (considering the contract Clements was looking for & got) "if we had ponied up a little extra for Darwin Walker, we win the game"

PECKERWOOD
09-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Agreed.

But Nate Clements is not here so we got to make the best of it.

And

The best of it is...................

Ashton Youboty #26

mark it down..

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Didn't Clements get burned for a TD last night?

tat2dmike77
09-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Didn't Clements get burned for a TD last night?

I wouldn't say burned but he gave one up in the endzone to boldin. Leinart threw a ball up high and boldin jumped up for it.

Nate was a non factor in the game last night. He was his same self we grew acustom to here in buffalo average at best.

BillsFever21
09-12-2007, 12:35 AM
Nate was bad? Considering two of the best WR's in the game combined for a total of about 50 yards receiving shows he must've had a pretty good game. That doesn't sound like somebody who was a non-factor when he covers them. You didn't see much from him because nobody was completing passes his way. Playing CB isn't just about having an interception every game.

It's no coincedence that we go from Top 10 in pass defense to whatever you want to call that sorry excuse of a pass defense yesterday. I guess if you consider Jason Webster or Ashton Youboty as anywhere in the radar of Nate Clements then you are fine with it.

Also, the rest of the league didn't consider Clements as a non-factor since he was the most highly wanted FA this offseason. But I remember that some say they are ******s and Buffalo isn't even though 28 of them other teams have been able to make the playoffs over the last 7 years and Buffalo has only had 1 winning season. I would say it's safe to say they are a little more on top of player evaluation then Buffalo.

Also, nobody considered Nate bad until his FA time came and it was time to pay him. Most everyone raved about him. That is the story of Buffalo sports fans though.

Not only do we lose Nate from all that it also means McGee steps into the role of covering the #1 WR's. He is alright on the #2's but he isn't cut out to cover the top guys in the league.

tat2dmike77
09-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Did you watch the game at all?

The only reason the passing yards were so low was because both defenses just kept blitzing over and over. Leinart & A.Smith had little time to throw the ball last night. It was as if both d-cordinators said just tee off guys thier line can't stop you.

I did think this game was more entertaining then the cincy-balt game.

Oh and for the record i never cared for nate.

BillsFever21
09-12-2007, 12:59 AM
Did you watch the game at all?

The only reason the passing yards were so low was because both defenses just kept blitzing over and over. Leinart & A.Smith had little time to throw the ball last night. It was as if both d-cordinators said just tee off guys thier line can't stop you.

I did think this game was more entertaining then the cincy-balt game.

Oh and for the record i never cared for nate.

Blitzes can easily be beat. If it was that easy then every team would do that to stop the offense. If it was that easy then why didn't we just do that and then I guess Javon Walker wouldn't have made us look like a JV team. When you blitz and send more guys then there are blockers that leaves holes and man up coverage in coverage and it forces your DB's to keep tight coverage or the QB and WR's can make big plays off of it.

Happy to know you didn't care for Nate because there were about 20 other teams drooling over having him and that's why he got the money he did. Many and many GM's sure cared for his skills.

Crisis
09-12-2007, 01:17 AM
I don't know. I love Clements but it always seems he started our bad and always finished the year very strong. (See Jacksonville opener, and he had a great year after that)

The Answer
09-12-2007, 01:26 AM
Webster, McGee and Youboty were all picked on pathetically on Sunday. Especially the last drive or two.

Everyone knew Walker was getting the ball and McGee got burned a few times where he should have at the very least been able to break up the pass play. I can see not paying Nate but if your example of a replacement is Webster or Youboty then there was no excuse with the money we have.

This will be if not the worse then easily one of the worse defenses in the league this year. Just getting rid of players because you didn't want to pay them like Takeo Spikes have left this team even in a worse hole. Even before when you plan on Ellison being your starter you had problems. Now we are down to Mario Freaking Haggen for our starting LB. Are you freaking kidding me?

We just got rid of players for no reason and didn't replace them. Had we used our 3rd and 4th round picks on postions like LB and/or CB instead of players that were drafted to be backups then we wouldn't be seeing Haggen as the starter.

Throw in our terrible depth at DE/DL this year and you will see a sorry excuse for a defense. Anyone who doesn't see it is blind. This defense was pathetic on Sunday and Denver went up and down the field all game. Luckily for us they kept screwing up and making boneheaded decisions all game or it would've been worse. Had we played a good offense or even one that didn't play like jackasses most of the game then we would've given up 40 pts.

And coaching was even the worse. Jauron just stood there with a dumb look on his face as our home opener crumbled in front of everyone's eyes. When the chips is down Jauron can't rise above it. One play was all we needed. Just one. Everyone knew Walker was getting the ball and they couldn't stop him. 3rd and 23? 3rd and 13. Three 4th down conversions made. That is inexcusable.

Clements is overrated and The Answer don't think we would have won the game even if we still had him.

Just think back to 2004 opener and his ignorance on the final drive againt the jaguars - he gave up a big 4th down conversation and game winning touchdown because he couldn't just knock the damn ball down.

Fast forward to the jets game that year and he was burned big time late in the 4th quarter when we had the lead.

~The Answer

billsburgh
09-12-2007, 03:19 AM
It's no coincedence that we go from Top 10 in pass defense to whatever you want to call that sorry excuse of a pass defense yesterday. I guess if you consider Jason Webster or Ashton Youboty as anywhere in the radar of Nate Clements then you are fine with it.
the only reason this team was top 10 in pass defense last year was because teams could run at will on the D and didn't really have to pass. Clements was WAY overrated.

Hopper15
09-12-2007, 03:25 AM
I wouldn't say burned but he gave one up in the endzone to boldin. Leinart threw a ball up high and boldin jumped up for it.

Nate was a non factor in the game last night. He was his same self we grew acustom to here in buffalo average at best.

More like you just didn't watch the game

Night Train
09-12-2007, 04:03 AM
Shift to opening day a couple years back against the Jags. Nate really came through in the clutch then. :oops:

Mitchy moo
09-12-2007, 05:36 AM
This post is a if my grandma had a **** she'd be my grandpa, move on.