PDA

View Full Version : Can the Bills beat the Steelers?

Preacher
09-12-2007, 04:22 AM
Sometimes we need a little time from the seriousness of stuff, like Everett...

So let's talk some football for a few.

The Steelers looked really good Sunday, against a team that isn't really that good. So how do we match up against the Bills?

Three things I think the Bills have to be careful of.

1. Ben and the pass. For some reason, no one thinks Ben can pass. I think the reason is that most people read stat sheets, instead of watching the games. Most of the games the first two years, especially our SB year, were won with Ben throwing. Then, when we got up in the score, we shut down the game. Ben is actually a pretty dang good passer. He is trying to prove this year, and at least for one game, is proving that last year was just an anomoly. Furthermore, we have 2 top notch receivers... Ward and Santonio Holmes. Ward can still play, and Santo is coming along very well. Both of the them can throw BIG blocks down field as well.

2. Defensive Scheming. We have REALLY stepped up the schemes this year, 1 Down lineman, 3 DL with one pulling off, Linebackers lining up as CB's and actually able to cover WR's.

3. ST. Our ST this year seems to be a 180 from last year. They were VERY impressive.

I haven't got a chance to see the Bills lately. How will the Bills counter these things? What do you all think?

mybills
09-12-2007, 06:28 AM
Yes. I'm calling it now..the Bills will win this one for Everett. :D

btw, I stopped reading your post so I could get right to answering the title. :;

RedEyE
09-12-2007, 07:03 AM
The Bills offense will be the deciding factor in this game. Its obvious that the Bills defense is broken and was already having several issues before facing the onslaught of injuries that occured this weekend.

They have to match point for point and hope that the Steelers will make the last mistake.

DraftBoy
09-12-2007, 07:09 AM
The Bills can beat the steelers if they pressure Roth. I read your post and while Ben can throw, he can only throw when given time to throw when under pressure he tends to fold more than oragami. Our biggest concern will be stopping Willie Parker from tearing us up (again). If we can pressure Ben then Holmes and Ward become non factors themselves. Offensively we have to have our OL play even better than last week and just go knock the hell out of people. Give the ball to Lynch and watch him go, we simply cannot trust the ball to Jp at this point. We need to run the ball probably 30-40 times. Maybe take 2-3 shots down the field to Evans and thats about our O. As for ST, you may have had a good game but you dont compare to ours we probably have the a top 5 if not the best ST in the NFL if you combine all aspects.

X-Era
09-12-2007, 07:10 AM

The Steelers looked really good Sunday, against a team that isn't really that good. So how do we match up against the Bills?

1. Ben and the pass. For some reason, no one thinks Ben can pass. I think the reason is that most people read stat sheets, instead of watching the games. Most of the games the first two years, especially our SB year, were won with Ben throwing. Then, when we got up in the score, we shut down the game. Ben is actually a pretty dang good passer. He is trying to prove this year, and at least for one game, is proving that last year was just an anomoly. Furthermore, we have 2 top notch receivers... Ward and Santonio Holmes. Ward can still play, and Santo is coming along very well. Both of the them can throw BIG blocks down field as well.

2. Defensive Scheming. We have REALLY stepped up the schemes this year, 1 Down lineman, 3 DL with one pulling off, Linebackers lining up as CB's and actually able to cover WR's.

3. ST. Our ST this year seems to be a 180 from last year. They were VERY impressive.

I haven't got a chance to see the Bills lately. How will the Bills counter these things? What do you all think?

Any given Sunday. Its cliche', but so true.

1) Bills D speed is very good this year. That will help in covering WR's and TE's
2) Steelers line is great, Parker is good, but POS will be only better and does a great job at stopping RB's at the line so far
3) Roscoe and McGee for that matter can score on anyone on returns. It doesnt happen more often than not, but it can happen at anytime
4) JP had a bad outing albeit against one of the leagues best secondarys. Your secondary may be the weakness of your D, JP should be better. Evans will get open deep at least once.
5) Marshawn saw his first real NFL game and got a good feel for what its like. He was productive, and tough. I think hes going to dance less and drive more.
6) Our O-line played very well, is now working harder on blocking and blitz pickup, especially on the right side. It all starts up front, we will move the ball more.
7) Everett factor. This team n ow has a reason to become even closer and play even harder, the Saints showed what that can do for you.

This will be an extremely hard game for the Bills to win. But theres enough there that we may get it done.

HHURRICANE
09-12-2007, 07:22 AM
I think this game would have been a win for us. In light of the Everett injury I think our team is going to come out flat. If Pittsburgh dominates early than this will be a loss for us.

However, if this game turns out like last week I think we win.

Our special teams are better. The question is whether our offense shows up.

carybillsfan
09-12-2007, 07:29 AM
I can't remember the last time Buffalo went to Pittsburgh and won. And unfortunately I think the game will be closer than expected, but this team has not been able to pull out close games. Bills lose by 2 pts.

DolphinFanInPeace
09-12-2007, 07:47 AM
I think you guys could win this game, although it will be very tough, especially in Pittsburgh. I think if you pressure Ben he can be beat..That being said, he looks to be on a tear this year. IMO, just keep feeding Lynch, that guy is a beast. That TD run on Sunday made my jaw drop.

SABURZFAN
09-12-2007, 09:20 AM
if our offense looks like last week..........

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

mybills
09-12-2007, 09:30 AM
I think you guys could win this game, although it will be very tough, especially in Pittsburgh. I think if you pressure Ben he can be beat..That being said, he looks to be on a tear this year. IMO, just keep feeding Lynch, that guy is a beast. That TD run on Sunday made my jaw drop.
I half agree. If Losman airs it out more, AND Lynch runs like that again, we'd have a better chance. btw, Lynch made my jaw drop too. I watched it again on NFL replay, and he hit that guy on the 4 yd line before pushing him into the endzone another 5 yds. :chuckle:

THATHURMANATOR
09-12-2007, 09:34 AM
My buddies in the burgh feel it will be a close game. They said that Cleveland was so god awful it is hard to really guage how good the Stillers actually were.

Ebenezer
09-12-2007, 09:47 AM
um....No.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-12-2007, 10:09 AM
The Steelers will handle the Bills easily I am afraid....even before the injuries.

The Bills might make a game of it, but poor coaching and inexperience will lead to more mistakes that will cost the Bills the game.

If we were playing them in week 5 or 6, I might give them a chance.

As is, nope.

raphael120
09-12-2007, 10:21 AM
The Steelers oline may be the weakest it's been since theyre super bowl run, so we need to exploit that weakness. Fluster Ben, and he'll make some mistakes.

Jan Reimers
09-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Not with anything similar to last week's offensive game plan. . .

Mr. Pink
09-12-2007, 10:40 AM
I'ee seen that if you pressure Ben he folds as a theme on this thread.

I dunno the Browns got good pressure on him most of the day and he still picked apart their secondary and no offense, but the Browns secondary is better than what we have.

See what Cutler did against us? Ben is a better QB than him. I don't think Ben will put up that big of numbers against us, seeing that he's more effecient than Cutler the game probably won't stay close score wise for as long which means, we'll see even more Willie Parker than we did Travis Henry.

If our gameplan was "vanilla' because of the Broncos D and secondary, what is it going to look like this Sunday against a vastly superior D that the Steelers have?

PECKERWOOD
09-12-2007, 10:51 AM
The Bills have a shot if our offense can stay on the field. I think Pittsburgh's offense matches up very favorably against the Bills defense. I don't like that match up at all.. Willie Parker is a beast, I've always thought he was something special. Ward and Holmes are both legit threats and then you factor in Heath Miller at TE and we're in trouble. The Bills better bring their lunch because it's going to be a long day.

Cntrygal
09-12-2007, 10:51 AM
The Bills always have a chance IF they stop beating themselves first.

PECKERWOOD
09-12-2007, 10:53 AM
The Bills always have a chance IF they stop beating themselves first.

No kidding.

First and foremost we gotta play to win, not to lose.

TSZmike
09-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Could be a good game but I do not think the Bills can pull this one out but if they do it will because of the following.

1. Get the lead early, I do not like the Steelers playing from behind.

2. Be able to hit the deep play quick, spread the defense out and not allow Troy and the LB's to get into the backfield. If the Bills can protect enough to get evans deep.

Cntrygal
09-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Get some points on the board and then CONTROL the clock. ie. Keep the offense on the field - radical I know, but I'm almost delusional.... it's time for bed.

'night everyone.

PECKERWOOD
09-12-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm hoping that we rally around Everett's injury but something tells me we will be blown out. I think Pittsburgh's coaching staff has the edge over Buffalo's as well.

Preacher
09-12-2007, 04:18 PM

I dunno the Browns got good pressure on him most of the day and he still picked apart their secondary and no offense, but the Browns secondary is better than what we have.

See what Cutler did against us? Ben is a better QB than him. I don't think Ben will put up that big of numbers against us, seeing that he's more effecient than Cutler the game probably won't stay close score wise for as long which means, we'll see even more Willie Parker than we did Travis Henry.

If our gameplan was "vanilla' because of the Broncos D and secondary, what is it going to look like this Sunday against a vastly superior D that the Steelers have?

Good points...

Ben doesn't fold under pressure, actually, he plays better under pressure. the problem is that he used to try and do TOO much. However, so far this year, it seems that he has matured enough to know that not every broken play will result in a massive pick up or TD for him, and he is willing to throw it away. Teams that played us well in the past, actually did it by dropping rushing three or four and dropping the rest into coverage. Ben would try to gun it in to make the great throw, and it would be picked off. Now, a year after his surgery, he is comfortable running it again. So I think that is also solved.

The best bet right now for the Bills D is to try and confuse the line. Ben is now calling the blocking scheme... if there is a lot of movement on the D, it may confuse him, creating opportunities for the Bills to sack him early and often. If not, I think it may be a long day for the BIlls.

But hey... I am a Pittsburgh Homer!! :priest:

raphael120
09-12-2007, 05:08 PM

Maybe I need to rephrase. We need to pressure by sacking him. Not by having our fat DT try to chase him around the field while it buys time for a WR to get open and Ben throws for a big gain.

patmoran2006
09-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Bills Strengths:

* SPecial Teams is a threat to make a big play everytime any of the four units (two returns, two coverage) are out on the field; literally.

* Lee Evans is always dangerous and as ****ty as Losman looked last week, he is ALWAYS a threat if nothing else to hit Evans for a couple of deep passes every week.

* Marshawn Lynch is much better than McGahee and will be no-nonsense when it comes to running. He'll dance for a bit at times but he'd just assume put his helmet to your chest than run out of bounds.

The Weaknesses:
* ROth is going to eat our corners up, as will just about every QB. Dont let anyone on here fool you. They are horrible, putrid and the worst in the league by far. McGee is our #1 and at best he's an average #2. Youboty will be clueless for a while, understandable for someone who's basically still a rookie. Jim leonhard is weak as hell at safety in coverage. Unless Big Ben reverts to taking a **** like he did last year far too often; he should have a huge game.

* Willie Parker is prolly making hand party to the thought of running on this defense. Yes, this DEFENSE is fast. But that doesn't mean much when the opponents OL is driving your guys 7 yards off the ball every other play. Henry went for 130+ on us and the reason it wasn't more was because Shannahan was getting too cute with Cutler. Tomlin is a no-nonsense guy and once he sees that Parker will have ridiculous holes to run through, he'll pound him for 25-30 carries.

* the Denver game was close so Buffalo had the luxury of keeping Denver's defense a bit honest with run vs pass. But if Pitt gets up by a few TD's and I suspect they will, they will be able to pin their ears back and go after Losman big time. That could spell some big trouble for this OL, especially on the right side with Butler and Walker.

So that's my analysis. Sure, Buffalo has a chance to win. They are a bad football team, but they are a DANGEROUS football team still as they have the ability to make big plays and keep in games they shouldn't be in. Plus, they will be highly motivated to play for sure because of Everett. But in the end, unless Pitt totally beats themselves and Roth has a horrible game, I dont see Pitt having many problems. They should probably win by 14-17 points.

GoBenGo
09-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Nope , Steelers win, but Bills will play gamely and keep it close 28-12:oops:

shelby
09-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Call me a homer, but....

Never underestimate the Kevin Everett factor.

DraftBoy
09-12-2007, 05:44 PM
If you put Ben on the ground he will force throws, do that and we can win. I honestly believe its that simple.

gr8slayer
09-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Just like every week it all falls on the shoulders of one player.......... Mr. J.P. Losman.

That being said, no (until he shows he can win in big games.)

Oh yeah, and the Defense needs to step it up too.

Typ0
09-12-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm going to have to go with HELL NO. It will be a typical game this season. Offense and defense gets their butts kicked up and down the field...special teams makes some plays. And then next week people here will be saying how important it is to have good special teams despite the fact they are only on the field for about a minute of the whole game.

PECKERWOOD
09-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Call me a homer, but....

Never underestimate the Kevin Everett factor.

Call us both homers cuz I agree.

Devin
09-12-2007, 07:50 PM

The Steelers are a solid team, regardless of who they played last week they played a great ball game.

I think Pittsburgh will handle the Bills this week, I simply hope to see a good ballgame and see some of our guys improve thier play a bit.

thecoordinator
09-12-2007, 08:44 PM
it's unlikely the bills will go on the road against what is probably a better D than they faced at home last week and put up more yards and points.

its unlikely a D that gave up 470 yards and lost 3 starters is going to improve on that performance.

the steelers roll...

patmoran2006
09-12-2007, 08:51 PM
if I was a betting man (and I am)

The only thing about the Steelers that would concern me is I'm not sold on them.

Even if they blow out Buffalo Sunday.. Blowing out Clev and Buffalo is no major accomplishment. Clev sucks period, and Buffalo is in disarray and has ZERO IDENTITY.

TheBrownBear
09-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Sure, a Bills' win is possible (heck, we almost beat the SB champs last year). But I think it's doubtful. The offense is still inconsistent and too dependent on the big play, and the defense is beat up and it was porous to begin with. Throw in the fact that Pittsburgh is at home and all signs point to a loss.

If the Bills play a great game and Pittsburgh comes out flat, then the Bills can win this one.

Oaf
09-12-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm calling another nail-biter then heart-breaker.

PECKERWOOD
09-12-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm calling another nail-biter then heart-breaker.

:ill:

paladin warrior
09-12-2007, 11:21 PM
I would like said 50% change. I would love to see Bills to win... But CLEVLAND Brown are not good palyer. That why Pitt Steelers beat them easy.. Right now Bills lost 3 defence. Also JP threw 97 yards. He need throw more than 130 yards. That might help ..

Elminster
09-12-2007, 11:46 PM
The Bills can beat the steelers if they pressure Roth. I read your post and while Ben can throw, he can only throw when given time to throw when under pressure he tends to fold more than oragami. Our biggest concern will be stopping Willie Parker from tearing us up (again). If we can pressure Ben then Holmes and Ward become non factors themselves. Offensively we have to have our OL play even better than last week and just go knock the hell out of people. Give the ball to Lynch and watch him go, we simply cannot trust the ball to Jp at this point. We need to run the ball probably 30-40 times. Maybe take 2-3 shots down the field to Evans and thats about our O. As for ST, you may have had a good game but you dont compare to ours we probably have the a top 5 if not the best ST in the NFL if you combine all aspects.
I disagree. It is extremely important that we open up the playbook. We need to take shots downfield, early and often. The Steelers have excellent talent and an excellent scheme, and we will struggle against them unless we exploit everything at our disposal. We cannot let them key in on Lynch, we have GOT to keep them off-balanced. JP is our starter, and he's done good things when we've let him play, so we should let him play, or just cut him already.

Defensively, we have to do what we did agaunst the Broncos, except we also need to generate a pass rush. Giving up 15 points is very good. What we need to do is pressure Roth and force more turnovers.

Either way, it'll be a tough game against a tough team in one of the toughest houses to play in. We'll need to hit on all cylinders and play and coach well....

gr8slayer
09-13-2007, 05:48 AM
it's unlikely the bills will go on the road against what is probably a better D than they faced at home last week and put up more yards and points.

its unlikely a D that gave up 470 yards and lost 3 starters is going to improve on that performance.

the steelers roll...
It's unlikely that the Dolphins could beat their own shadow but hey..........

Ingtar33
09-13-2007, 06:52 AM
unlikely.

i just don't think we have the horses to run with pit. and i KNOW the defense won't be able to keep Pit from scoring.

we'll need 28-42 from the O to win.

I don't see it happening in Pittsburgh during their home opener

casdhf
09-13-2007, 06:56 AM
:(

mybills
09-13-2007, 07:07 AM
I'm gonna bump this thread if they win it, which will be won for Everett. :up:

colin
09-13-2007, 07:32 AM
I disagree. It is extremely important that we open up the playbook. We need to take shots downfield, early and often. The Steelers have excellent talent and an excellent scheme, and we will struggle against them unless we exploit everything at our disposal. We cannot let them key in on Lynch, we have GOT to keep them off-balanced. JP is our starter, and he's done good things when we've let him play, so we should let him play, or just cut him already.

Defensively, we have to do what we did agaunst the Broncos, except we also need to generate a pass rush. Giving up 15 points is very good. What we need to do is pressure Roth and force more turnovers.

Either way, it'll be a tough game against a tough team in one of the toughest houses to play in. We'll need to hit on all cylinders and play and coach well....

i disagree with your counterpoint.

jp is a constant threat to turn the ball over. he does not make plays happen unless they are deep shots to evans. we have to control the ball, keep it away from pitts, and do play action type shots so that jp doesn't have to read the D.

he couldn't read a cover 3 with linebackers deep against denver, there is no way he comes out and figures out the zone blitz.

we can win this game if we avoid consecutive 3-6 play and out drives. our d has to be off the field and we need to DOMINATE the field position battle.

we need to ask our line to smash and bash, give the rock to lynch 25+ times, let jp scamper for the 1st down when confused against the coverage, and not pass into the blitz.

DraftBoy
09-13-2007, 07:33 AM

I said we needed to take a few shots down the field but we dont have the weapons outside of Evans to do it consistently. Say what you will about Parrish but he's not a proven deep threat, he's more of a getting the ball on a slant and taking it the distance type player. His size hurts him on deep jump balls. Price has shown little so far in regular season games to warrant much consideration. As for not letting them key on Lynch its a great theory but we really have nobody else especially if Jp plays close to how he did last week. Im not sure what you mean by JP has done good things when we've let him play, Im going to assume (and correct me if Im wrong) that your asserting that the gameplan last week was much to blame for Losman's poor performance? While Id agree to a small percent Losman has alot of other problems too which have been well illustrated by not just myself but many other members of the board. Basically we also agree on defense that we need to pressure Roth. Only thing we really disagree on is how much faith can be put in Losman.

mybills
09-13-2007, 07:36 AM
I said we needed to take a few shots down the field but we dont have the weapons outside of Evans to do it consistently. Say what you will about Parrish but he's not a proven deep threat, he's more of a getting the ball on a slant and taking it the distance type player. His size hurts him on deep jump balls. Price has shown little so far in regular season games to warrant much consideration. As for not letting them key on Lynch its a great theory but we really have nobody else especially if Jp plays close to how he did last week. Im not sure what you mean by JP has done good things when we've let him play, Im going to assume (and correct me if Im wrong) that your asserting that the gameplan last week was much to blame for Losman's poor performance? While Id agree to a small percent Losman has alot of other problems too which have been well illustrated by not just myself but many other members of the board. Basically we also agree on defense that we need to pressure Roth. Only thing we really disagree on is how much faith can be put in Losman.
Josh Reed can handle the deep threat almost as consistently as Evans. I don't think we give that kid enough credit.

gr8slayer
09-13-2007, 07:43 AM
Josh Reed can handle the deep threat almost as consistently as Evans. I don't think we give that kid enough credit.
reed is our best all around wr

njsue
09-13-2007, 07:44 AM
:snicker:

DraftBoy
09-13-2007, 07:56 AM

He's gotta prove it in crunch time, so far he has not. I dont know if his longest career catch is even over 40 yards...I dont remember ever been a down the field guy. Though I do think we need to use him more.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-13-2007, 08:04 AM
reed is our best all around wr

I guess I can't read your sarcasm, but if you are serious, you don't know what you are looking at.

mybills
09-13-2007, 08:06 AM
2006: Finished the season with 34 catches for 410 yards and two touchdowns … 21 of his 34 receptions (61.8%) resulted in first downs … dependable target especially in third down situations ... At NE (9/24), saw action at wide receiver … tallied three catches for a team-high 40 yards with a long of 20 yards ... At Mia. (9/17), led the team with four catches for 39 yards, including a four-yard touchdown reception … touchdown was seventh of his career ... vs. Mia. (12/17), made first start of the season, tallied four catches for 50 yards, including a 27-yard touchdown ... vs. Ten. (12/24), had two catches for 70 yards, including one covering a career-long of 52 yards

He can do it given the chance. I don't see why not. They change players positions/responsibilities all the time on this team. :idunno:

DraftBoy
09-13-2007, 08:07 AM
2006: Finished the season with 34 catches for 410 yards and two touchdowns … 21 of his 34 receptions (61.8%) resulted in first downs … dependable target especially in third down situations ... At NE (9/24), saw action at wide receiver … tallied three catches for a team-high 40 yards with a long of 20 yards ... At Mia. (9/17), led the team with four catches for 39 yards, including a four-yard touchdown reception … touchdown was seventh of his career ... vs. Mia. (12/17), made first start of the season, tallied four catches for 50 yards, including a 27-yard touchdown ... vs. Ten. (12/24), had two catches for 70 yards, including one covering a career-long of 52 yards

He can do it given the chance. I don't see why not. They change players positions/responsibilities all the time on this team. :idunno:

I agree that Reed should be given the ball more but thats on JP to find him and the coaches to put him situations to get open.

casdhf
09-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Reed is short and can't run. His routes have gotten better, but he'll never be a deep threat.

mybills
09-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Reed is short and can't run. His routes have gotten better, but he'll never be a deep threat.
I wouldn't say never...

COLLEGE: Won the 2001 Biletnikoff Award given to the nation’s top receiver…came out after his junior year and was one of the most decorated players in Louisiana State history…started his career as a running back…despite starting only 16 of 30 games he played in, hauled in 167 passes for 3,001 yards (18.0 avg.) and 17 touchdowns, becoming the first player in conference history to gain over 3,000 yards receiving in a career…averaged 5.7 catches and 100.03 receiving yards per game in his college career…set a total of 12 school and conference records…set LSU school record with 18 100-yard performances during his career…in his final season at LSU in 2001, not only won the Biletnikoff but was also a first-team All-America pick by a host of outlets including the Associated Press, CNNSI.com, and The Sporting News…set school and SEC season-records with 1,740 yards receiving…established LSU’s single-season records with 94 receptions (18.5 avg.) and 10 games with at least 100-yards receiving… set school and SEC single-game records with 19 catches for 293 yards and a 25-yard touchdown vs. Alabama

and if Price isn't good enough as a #2 (as some have said), what else do they do?

gr8slayer
09-13-2007, 08:40 AM
None of our we's can run block like reed

Typ0
09-13-2007, 06:53 PM
I'll tell you how we can win this game...the Stillers get caught cheating at half time and suspended for the second half. Other than that, good luck.

tampabay25690
09-14-2007, 04:36 AM

btw, I stopped reading your post so I could get right to answering the title. :;

I will be realistic instead. This is Pittsburgh's home opener and the BILLS have had an emotional week of practice. If the Bills win this game it will be a MIRACLE, I see the Bills losing by at least 2 TD'S. I dont think we will hang in this game at all!!!!!!! SORRY....Just being Realistic....

GoBenGo
09-15-2007, 01:31 PM

Yeah, pressure Ben!:laughing:

ublinkwescore
09-15-2007, 01:58 PM

Are you ****ing kidding me?

our playcalling last week was completely backwards - we need to take shots down the field with Evans - at least 3 per quarter - let the steelers know that we're gonna try to take what we want when we want it.

Especially since that seems to be JP's strongest aspect to his game.

I do agree, we need to give the steelers a healthy dose of Lynch. Hopefully the runblocking can take a step forward this week.

And another reason we need to take shots down the field - JP will have time to get it down field if our O line pass protects like it did last week.

If we do these things, I see absolutely no reason why we can't keep up with the Steelers.

If we hadn't lost the people we did on D, our D might have actually stood a chance at making the steelers punt once a quarter - now, I don't know.

Wasn't that a big complaint about last weeks game? that we didn't take any shots down the field except for one on a key third and one (where we should have ran the ball - Jauron get your gameday decisions together - next time a Titans game scenario comes up - when your kicker tells you he can't make it, put him out there anyways he's got a better chance than the long bomb does of getting into the endzone).

I think we should delegate the crucial calls to Fairchild.

Mr. Cynical
09-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Re: Can the Bills beat the Steelers?

No.

the duke
09-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Once again I just wanna say I hope we have a clean safe and fun game tommorow. May the best team win

DraftBoy
09-15-2007, 05:24 PM

our playcalling last week was completely backwards - we need to take shots down the field with Evans - at least 3 per quarter - let the steelers know that we're gonna try to take what we want when we want it.

I do agree, we need to give the steelers a healthy dose of Lynch. Hopefully the runblocking can take a step forward this week.

And another reason we need to take shots down the field - JP will have time to get it down field if our O line pass protects like it did last week.

If we do these things, I see absolutely no reason why we can't keep up with the Steelers.

If we hadn't lost the people we did on D, our D might have actually stood a chance at making the steelers punt once a quarter - now, I don't know.

Wasn't that a big complaint about last weeks game? that we didn't take any shots down the field except for one on a key third and one (where we should have ran the ball - Jauron get your gameday decisions together - next time a Titans game scenario comes up - when your kicker tells you he can't make it, put him out there anyways he's got a better chance than the long bomb does of getting into the endzone).

I think we should delegate the crucial calls to Fairchild.

Your line of thinking makes no sense, its no secret that there is only one thing Buffalo can do in the passing game and thats go deep. So why Pittsburgh would sit with two safeties over tops would be the kind of logic that would get a DC fired. So going deep into double coverage is not a good idea. Instead work beneath the safeties and move the chains. Going deep is not going to sustain drives, its not going to be consistent, and at this point Im not sure we can even complete it. Pittsburgh will likely keep their LB's close to the line to try and stop Lynch and keep safeties over the top to cover Evans deep. We gotta think of a new way to play because the book on us is very clear. People sit here and complain about play calling and then whine and want the same stuff called that they are complaining about, except they want to see the bigger lower percentage plays that kill drives if they arent completed and cause our bend but dont break D to be out there longer which means that are more tired and more likely to break. So no Im not kidding you.

evol4276
09-15-2007, 06:01 PM
i can very much see the everett situation giving this team enough of a spiritual overhaul to pull out an unexpected win against an overrated team.

evol4276
09-15-2007, 06:03 PM

I think we should delegate the crucial calls to Fairchild. ur kidding me? 3 a quarter? those passes are already a majorly low percentage pass chance of completion. you're almost asking for JP to be *****ed at even more by the vultures here this week than last. also by your logic theyll almost never punt? who are we facing, San Diego? come on dude

im4bflo
09-15-2007, 06:50 PM
:shout:"YES!"
That's why they play the games.
GO BILLS! :flag:

the REAL Rudeman
09-16-2007, 10:52 AM

If they couldn't win it for him last week.....