X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Preacher
    • Sep 2007

Can the Bills beat the Steelers?

Sometimes we need a little time from the seriousness of stuff, like Everett...

So let's talk some football for a few.

The Steelers looked really good Sunday, against a team that isn't really that good. So how do we match up against the Bills?

Three things I think the Bills have to be careful of.

1. Ben and the pass. For some reason, no one thinks Ben can pass. I think the reason is that most people read stat sheets, instead of watching the games. Most of the games the first two years, especially our SB year, were won with Ben throwing. Then, when we got up in the score, we shut down the game. Ben is actually a pretty dang good passer. He is trying to prove this year, and at least for one game, is proving that last year was just an anomoly. Furthermore, we have 2 top notch receivers... Ward and Santonio Holmes. Ward can still play, and Santo is coming along very well. Both of the them can throw BIG blocks down field as well.

2. Defensive Scheming. We have REALLY stepped up the schemes this year, 1 Down lineman, 3 DL with one pulling off, Linebackers lining up as CB's and actually able to cover WR's.

3. ST. Our ST this year seems to be a 180 from last year. They were VERY impressive.

I haven't got a chance to see the Bills lately. How will the Bills counter these things? What do you all think?
    Preacher

• mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Can the Bills beat the Steelers?

Yes. I'm calling it now..the Bills will win this one for Everett.

btw, I stopped reading your post so I could get right to answering the title.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

The Bills offense will be the deciding factor in this game. Its obvious that the Bills defense is broken and was already having several issues before facing the onslaught of injuries that occured this weekend.

They have to match point for point and hope that the Steelers will make the last mistake.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

The Bills can beat the steelers if they pressure Roth. I read your post and while Ben can throw, he can only throw when given time to throw when under pressure he tends to fold more than oragami. Our biggest concern will be stopping Willie Parker from tearing us up (again). If we can pressure Ben then Holmes and Ward become non factors themselves. Offensively we have to have our OL play even better than last week and just go knock the hell out of people. Give the ball to Lynch and watch him go, we simply cannot trust the ball to Jp at this point. We need to run the ball probably 30-40 times. Maybe take 2-3 shots down the field to Evans and thats about our O. As for ST, you may have had a good game but you dont compare to ours we probably have the a top 5 if not the best ST in the NFL if you combine all aspects.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Preacher
          Sometimes we need a little time from the seriousness of stuff, like Everett...

So let's talk some football for a few.

The Steelers looked really good Sunday, against a team that isn't really that good. So how do we match up against the Bills?

Three things I think the Bills have to be careful of.

1. Ben and the pass. For some reason, no one thinks Ben can pass. I think the reason is that most people read stat sheets, instead of watching the games. Most of the games the first two years, especially our SB year, were won with Ben throwing. Then, when we got up in the score, we shut down the game. Ben is actually a pretty dang good passer. He is trying to prove this year, and at least for one game, is proving that last year was just an anomoly. Furthermore, we have 2 top notch receivers... Ward and Santonio Holmes. Ward can still play, and Santo is coming along very well. Both of the them can throw BIG blocks down field as well.

2. Defensive Scheming. We have REALLY stepped up the schemes this year, 1 Down lineman, 3 DL with one pulling off, Linebackers lining up as CB's and actually able to cover WR's.

3. ST. Our ST this year seems to be a 180 from last year. They were VERY impressive.

I haven't got a chance to see the Bills lately. How will the Bills counter these things? What do you all think?
          Any given Sunday. Its cliche', but so true.

1) Bills D speed is very good this year. That will help in covering WR's and TE's
          2) Steelers line is great, Parker is good, but POS will be only better and does a great job at stopping RB's at the line so far
          3) Roscoe and McGee for that matter can score on anyone on returns. It doesnt happen more often than not, but it can happen at anytime
          4) JP had a bad outing albeit against one of the leagues best secondarys. Your secondary may be the weakness of your D, JP should be better. Evans will get open deep at least once.
          5) Marshawn saw his first real NFL game and got a good feel for what its like. He was productive, and tough. I think hes going to dance less and drive more.
          6) Our O-line played very well, is now working harder on blocking and blitz pickup, especially on the right side. It all starts up front, we will move the ball more.
          7) Everett factor. This team n ow has a reason to become even closer and play even harder, the Saints showed what that can do for you.

This will be an extremely hard game for the Bills to win. But theres enough there that we may get it done.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

I think this game would have been a win for us. In light of the Everett injury I think our team is going to come out flat. If Pittsburgh dominates early than this will be a loss for us.

However, if this game turns out like last week I think we win.

Our special teams are better. The question is whether our offense shows up.

Comment

• carybillsfan
              • Aug 2003

I can't remember the last time Buffalo went to Pittsburgh and won. And unfortunately I think the game will be closer than expected, but this team has not been able to pull out close games. Bills lose by 2 pts.

Comment

• DolphinFanInPeace
                • Sep 2007

I think you guys could win this game, although it will be very tough, especially in Pittsburgh. I think if you pressure Ben he can be beat..That being said, he looks to be on a tear this year. IMO, just keep feeding Lynch, that guy is a beast. That TD run on Sunday made my jaw drop.
                Biggest Dolphin Fan in Indianapolis.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

if our offense looks like last week..........

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DolphinFanInPeace
                    I think you guys could win this game, although it will be very tough, especially in Pittsburgh. I think if you pressure Ben he can be beat..That being said, he looks to be on a tear this year. IMO, just keep feeding Lynch, that guy is a beast. That TD run on Sunday made my jaw drop.
                    I half agree. If Losman airs it out more, AND Lynch runs like that again, we'd have a better chance. btw, Lynch made my jaw drop too. I watched it again on NFL replay, and he hit that guy on the 4 yd line before pushing him into the endzone another 5 yds.
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

My buddies in the burgh feel it will be a close game. They said that Cleveland was so god awful it is hard to really guage how good the Stillers actually were.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

um....No.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                          • May 2004

The Steelers will handle the Bills easily I am afraid....even before the injuries.

The Bills might make a game of it, but poor coaching and inexperience will lead to more mistakes that will cost the Bills the game.

If we were playing them in week 5 or 6, I might give them a chance.

As is, nope.
                          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• raphael120
                            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                            • Oct 2005

The Steelers oline may be the weakest it's been since theyre super bowl run, so we need to exploit that weakness. Fluster Ben, and he'll make some mistakes.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Not with anything similar to last week's offensive game plan. . .
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X