PDA

View Full Version : Possible Trade Targets....

Mahdi
09-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Since there is talk of a trade brewing and with the coinciding release of Powell I've been trying to think of which DE we could possible trade for.

This is who I came up with:

Darren Howard DE Eagles: They have Cole, Kearse and Jaqua Thomas in Philly which makes Howard expendable. Possibly.

Alex Brown DE Bears: Ogunleye and Anderson play most of the downs and they also have Idonije who we tried to sign as a RFA but the Bears matched.

Mike Rucker DE Panthers: The Panthers have depth with Stanley McClover and Charles Johnson who was considered one of the better DEs coming out this year and was taken in the 3rd round.

I really can't think of anymore logical trades.... anyone have any ideas?

DraftBoy
09-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Id prefer Howard or Brown to Rucker but any of them are an improvement

I dont know about the rest of you but I am sure glad we gave Kelsay all that money this offseason....

clumping platelets
09-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Burgess from Oakland has been mentioned I believe

Mahdi
09-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Burgess is going to demand a huge contract I doubt they trade for him. He has been unhappy with his current contract considering he is top 3 in sacks over the last 2 years. It would be a sick rotation though with Schob and Kelsay.

DraftBoy
09-12-2007, 08:06 AM
We dont need just a pass rusher we need a guy who can play the run, I think Howard is probably the best DE of those listed at that, and isnt Burgess used to playing in the 3-4 system in Oakland or have they gotten away from that now?

HHURRICANE
09-12-2007, 08:08 AM
The logical side of me says that we are giving up some picks to bring in someone as a stop-gap.

The gut feeling side of me thinks we are getting rid of someone alot bigger. Schobel keeps popping into my head. No logic here so don't punish me for this because it's just a weird feeling I have. Maybe it will be A-train but I'm definately feeling that we are going to give up "one of our own" here.

Maybe we are bringing a Briggs type player in. Who knows?

HHURRICANE
09-12-2007, 08:10 AM
The logical side of me says that we are giving up some picks to bring in someone as a stop-gap.

The gut feeling side of me thinks we are getting rid of someone alot bigger. Schobel keeps popping into my head. No logic here so don't punish me for this because it's just a weird feeling I have. Maybe it will be A-train but I'm definately feeling that we are going to give up "one of our own" here.

Plus, the time timing of the Schobel extension was weird, but had to happen if we were going to trade him.

Mahdi
09-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Is it possible they dropped Powell so they can get a CB?

In that case there are several options....

Antoine Winfield CB Vikings: There were rumblings in the offseason that he didnt like his contract. They also have 2 good young CBs in Griffin and McCauley.

Ricky Manning Jr Bears: He signed a contract last year with the Bears but he cant be too happy with his nickel role can he?

Drayton Florence CB Chargers: They have Cromartie waiting in the wings.

Michael Huff DB Raiders: Ok this is a LONG SHOT! probably impossible. But I have heard that the Raiders new coaching staff are not impressed with Huff and feel he doesnt have enough impact in games. They also like their young S Eugene. Again I know it sounds crazy but watever.

Deltha O'Neal CB Bengals: They have 2 solid corners in Hall and Joesph. O'Neal is expendable.

Mahdi
09-12-2007, 08:21 AM

If we were giving up someone why would we release Powell then?

clumping platelets
09-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Why would we trade Schobel? :shakeno:

clumping platelets
09-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Duke Preston could be traded or maybe even Tim Anderson. They are both depth type players who could use change of scenery. Package with draft choice and a deal could be had

Earthquake Enyart
09-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Manning is going to play some safety with Mike Brown out. The Bears don't move him. They were shopping Alex Brown in the preseason.

OpIv37
09-12-2007, 08:49 AM
anything that doesn't add a DE to the roster is going to leave us in really rough shape at the position, at least until Hargrove and/or Denney return.

Oaf
09-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Duke Preston could be traded or maybe even Tim Anderson. They are both depth type players who could use change of scenery. Package with draft choice and a deal could be had
For a lb of Buffalo Wings and Mike Pucillo. :snicker:

Saratoga Slim
09-12-2007, 09:36 AM
anything that doesn't add a DE to the roster is going to leave us in really rough shape at the position, at least until Hargrove and/or Denney return.

you're right. we wouldn't have let Powell go if we weren't bringing a DE in. there's just not enough depth there.

Michael82
09-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Manning is going to play some safety with Mike Brown out. The Bears don't move him. They were shopping Alex Brown in the preseason.
I'd take Alex Brown! :up:

G. Host
09-12-2007, 05:42 PM

Thinking Schobel means you need to get out of the sun. They just signed him to a new contract with guaranteed money.

casdhf
09-12-2007, 06:01 PM
I don't think we'll be getting a starting caliber guy. How about that Idonje guy that we tried to sign from the Bears last season?

Sportsuser101
09-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Ok maybe I'm missing something but explain to me again why we'd be trading for a starting DE?

The Spaz
09-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Ok maybe I'm missing something but explain to me again why we'd be trading for a starting DE?

Because people who suggest that are what I call :special":rrich: ...

PECKERWOOD
09-12-2007, 07:59 PM

Would love to see us land Burgess.

Mahdi
09-13-2007, 07:20 AM
The only starter I suggested was Rucker and with us he wouldnt be a starter but only part of the rotation.

DraftBoy
09-13-2007, 07:28 AM

Because we only have one caliber starting DE and on the other side we have a situational pass rusher being payed as a starter. We went over all this when Kelsay got his new deal instead of rehashing all the arguments over again you can just reference threads from back then.

dannyek71
09-13-2007, 07:51 AM
I wonder if Chris Watson is available

The Jokeman
09-13-2007, 09:43 AM
If we got a 5th Rounder for Darwin Walker what do you think Preston/Anderson would bring? Sure we could package a pick with them but at best we could expect a similar type player. See Bobby Collins for David Bowens type trade.