PDA

View Full Version : Who is it we are trading for?

jpdex12
09-12-2007, 11:16 AM
We will have Ellison back in 4-5 weeks and Wire is not lost for the season so I would say that we most likely won't see OBD trading for a LB. I wouldn't be suprised to see us pick up more depth at the position though unless we activate a PS player to fill depth. I just don't think that we make a trade for a temporary player at LB until Wire or Ellison are healthy and we know OBD was high on both of them.

That being said, we just filled a void at TE with Gaines and CB with Scott and DE with Bryan. Nothing fancy here but it does fill voids and gives us something to work with. Now is the time for Youboty to step up.

Looking at teams that need RB help...Giants and Browns, I don't see anyone we would trade for if A-Train is on the block. Chase Blackburn from the Giants could be an option.

Here is a list of LB's from theredzone.com of FA's before the season. We might see one of them signed before the day is over.
http://www.theredzone.org/2007/freeagents/showposition.asp?Position=LB

We still need a LB to fill the gap left by wire. If we do sign Nick Greisen at OLB then who the hell are we trying to trade for?

Is it a bigger name player that we package one of our players along with a draft pick for or is Sirius mistaken with the trade talk.

One of our Zoners mentioned the Eagles DE Thomas as an option. Maybe sinse Copeland Bryan is pretty green but then we get HArgrove back in a few games so why waste a player and a pick for a temporary filler?

My guess is that we won't make a trade. We are saving our cap money for Evans and Crowell.

EDS
09-12-2007, 11:31 AM
If the Bills do make a trade I hope it is for a defensive tackle. I doubt that happens though.

Mahdi
09-12-2007, 11:34 AM
I think the signings were the supposed trade.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-12-2007, 11:37 AM
I'll hold out hope that there is a trade in the works for Losman.

Maybe the front office figured after game 1 that they have nothing to lose in sticking Edwards in there for the rest of the year (at least the Oline might not get him killed).

jpdex12
09-12-2007, 12:43 PM
I think the signings were the supposed trade.

I think that I agree. We have filled immediate holes for now. Filled them with average at best players but at least they are filled. I still see us grabbing a LB and it's probably Greisen unless he doesn't pass the physical.

Our team is just going to have to step it up. Our young players need to take advantage of their opportunities and step it up or we are in for a rough ride this first half of the season. If the cheating Pattsies can step it up during injury time, then we must too.

It's about time to see a positive change in this organization and it couldn't come at any more of an opportune time than right now when we MAY think that we are at our lowest with the injury list and losing Everett the way we did. Now is the time to rise to the challenge. I hope we see it from them! When times get the toughest is when we will see who has IT and who doesn't.