PDA

View Full Version : ESPN/Mortenson Chat Wrap 09/12 - AFC East only

The Answer
09-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Todd (Pgh PA): Would Goodell seriously think that taking a few draft picks would be a just punishment for the Pats' cheating? He has been harsh penalizing players with multiple off the field issues, but as a fan, the Pats cheating incident is far more disturbing because it seriously questions the integrity of the league and a championship team known for winning with strategy rather than talent. This is a potential disaster for the NFL if Goodell is not careful -- the trust of the fans is at stake -- and taking a few draft picks is a slap on the wrist.

~The Answer

--ESPN Insider is a pay service--
10. No posting of entire articles/copyrighted material. Posts containing news stories/article segments must also include author’s name, name of the publication or source, and the URL where the story was found.

ScottLawrence
09-12-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm worried about the Bills offense.

Losman still can't make the intermediate throws, and looks as if he still can't read defenses.

Mitchy moo
09-12-2007, 12:33 PM

Losman still can't make the intermediate throws, and looks as if he still can't read defenses.

15 yards is a penalty for JP, not a pass. He is also totally illiterate (sp).

MORT: I'd say Peterson is probably the most critical to his team for now because the Bills and Lions both have other explosive weapons on offense. The Vikings don't.

Explosive weapons??? Ummmmm...... ok.

The Answer
09-12-2007, 12:40 PM

Until Edwards is starting we don't have a QB that fit's Fairchilds offense - in a complex run and shoot style offense like this you need a QB that can make quick reads and get the ball to multiple outlets. JP can't and won't ever be able to do this.

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
09-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Until Edwards is starting we don't have a QB that fit's Fairchilds offense - in a complex run and shoot style offense like this you need a QB that can make quick reads and get the ball to multiple outlets. JP can't and won't ever be able to do this.

~The Answer

That is my point as well of the current situation, square peg, round hole.

Mitchy moo
09-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Chris Mortensen: The Bills didn't get the "explosive" plays on offense that you might expect with Losman & Lee Evans. Parrish did give them the great return. I wouldn't worry about the Bills' offense. They're pretty good on that side

Make up your mind dude, Explosive but not explosive? So we can explode but haven't??

TigerJ
09-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Actually, you spelled illiterate correctly, Skooby.

Mitchy moo
09-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Actually, you spelled illiterate correctly, Skooby.

It was a joke.

TigerJ
09-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Sorry, I didn't get it.

Mitchy moo
09-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Sorry, I didn't get it.

People that r Illiterate can't spell properly, henceforth the (SP) which means their is a spelling error.

Mahdi
09-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Chris Mortensen: The Bills didn't get the "explosive" plays on offense that you might expect with Losman & Lee Evans. Parrish did give them the great return. I wouldn't worry about the Bills' offense. They're pretty good on that side

Make up your mind dude, Explosive but not explosive? So we can explode but haven't??
Ok he CLEARLY states that the Bills HAVE explosive players on offense, however last week they didnt have any explosive plays. There really is no confusion there.

Mitchy moo
09-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Ok he CLEARLY states that the Bills HAVE explosive players on offense, however last week they didnt have any explosive plays. There really is no confusion there.

crystal. I'd like to know who the explosive players are besides Evans and Lynch. Lynch was the original guy and Evans is one person, so "players" means someone else is there but who else??

Reed? A-train?

Mahdi
09-12-2007, 01:43 PM
crystal. I'd like to know who the explosive players are besides Evans and Lynch. Lynch was the original guy and Evans is one person, so "players" means someone else is there but who else??

Reed? A-train?
Parrish maybe. Reed. Both have good YAC ability and have shown it.