PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carruci - "Step up or step out season for Losman"

The Answer
09-12-2007, 01:07 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80242f4a&template=with-video&confirm=true

» This is a step-up-or-step-out season for J.P. Losman (http://www.nfl.com/players/j.p.losman/profile?id=LOS588329). With two years left on his contract, the Bills must, by at least the middle of their schedule, see conclusive evidence that he is their long-term answer at quarterback. If Losman were to step up accordingly, they would likely begin (or escalate) talks to sign him to a lengthy contract extension. If not, he would likely have to step out of the starting job after the season, if not sooner. The Bills would have no qualms turning the reins over to Trent Edwards (http://www.nfl.com/players/trentedwards/profile?id=EDW720778), their third-round draft pick who looked extremely sharp (albeit against fringe-type defenders) during the preseason. Losman came up very small in the season-opening loss to the Broncos. Dick Jauron might have taken a foolish gamble by having Losman throw deep on third-and-5 with the Bills ahead, 14-12, with 2:43 remaining rather than letting rookie running back Marshawn Lynch (http://www.nfl.com/players/marshawnlynch/profile?id=LYN442976) carry the ball and kill more time that might have prevented the Broncos from winning with a field goal as the clock expired. But Losman overthrowing Lee Evans (http://www.nfl.com/players/leeevans/profile?id=EVA454901), who had clear sailing to the end zone, was inexcusable. He needed to make that play. He needed to do much better than go 14-of-21 for 97 yards and an interception.

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
09-12-2007, 01:11 PM
VIC: "their third-round draft pick who looked extremely sharp."

Has anyone really ever said that about JP?? Ever??

THATHURMANATOR
09-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Who doesn't know this?

The Answer
09-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Who doesn't know this?

Just trying to reinforce the fact that our starting QB sucks and is on his way out.

Guess that national media are a bunch of worthless trolls too.

~The Answer

bigbub2352
09-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Vic is right, i know it is the first game and all, and i do support JP, but i am gettin sick of routing for him, he is inconsitent, and missing open players to often, he needs to get his head and ass in gear and show everyone this is his team, take the reigns and play like we all know he can week in and week out
We need a leader on this young team what better than at QB

OpIv37
09-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Who doesn't know this?

my thoughts exactly- I think half the board, myself included, has been saying this all off-season.

THATHURMANATOR
09-12-2007, 01:17 PM
I think the whole board agrees with this. 99 to 100%

Mitchy moo
09-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Vic but i am gettin sick of routing for him, he is inconsitent, and missing open players to often, he needs to get his head and ass in gear and show everyone this is his team, take the reigns and play like we all know he can week in and week out
We need a leader on this young team what better than at QB

4 years later here we are still acting like he's new, that's the sad part.

bigbub2352
09-12-2007, 01:26 PM

4 L O N G Y E A R S !!!!!!
4 S A D Y E A R S !!!!!

justasportsfan
09-12-2007, 01:27 PM
we all knew this before the season started.

mybills
09-12-2007, 01:30 PM
WTFCATT? :idunno:

RockStar36
09-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Just trying to reinforce the fact that our starting QB sucks and is on his way out.

Guess that national media are a bunch of worthless trolls too.

~The Answer

The national media didn't say JP sucked. The article says that he has to show evidence that he is improving in order for the Bills to fully designate him the franchise QB. This is what we've all been saying. You have been saying JP sucks and play Edwards.

You're really off your game today.

OpIv37
09-12-2007, 01:48 PM

the problem is that it's been tough to evaluate him because he's had nothing but **** around him for 4 years. But it's definitely time to put up or shut up.

RockStar36
09-12-2007, 01:49 PM
the problem is that it's been tough to evaluate him because he's had nothing but **** around him for 4 years. But it's definitely time to put up or shut up.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I think we can also agree that one game this season isn't enough to say he has either put up or shut up.

Earthquake Enyart
09-12-2007, 01:51 PM
I couldn't agree with you more.

I think we can also agree that one game this season isn't enough to say he has either put up or shut up.
Don'r forget the bad play calling. :rolleyes:

ddaryl
09-12-2007, 01:51 PM
No wonder there is such a problem on this forum with idiocy.

this article can be filed under the no **** section, and Skooby / the Answer crack me up with their completely moronic replies.

99% of the people here are not treating JP like its his 1st year, and 99% of the people here no damn well JP has to put up or he's done after this season.

RockStar36
09-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Don'r forget the bad play calling. :rolleyes:

IT'S REDICULOUS!!!!

LtBillsFan66
09-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Who doesn't know this?
The lickers.

mchurchfie
09-12-2007, 01:58 PM
I think the whole board agrees with this. 99 to 100%
Then why did I get groaned 14 times yesterday when I brought it up? Must still be a lot of lickers out there.:mad:

THATHURMANATOR
09-12-2007, 02:53 PM
No wonder there is such a problem on this forum with idiocy.

this article can be filed under the no **** section, and Skooby / the Answer crack me up with their completely moronic replies.

99% of the people here are not treating JP like its his 1st year, and 99% of the people here no damn well JP has to put up or he's done after this season.
EXACTLY!!!!

We all agree that if he blows this year he is done. We also should agree that he needs at the very least IMO 8 to 10 full games. AT LEAST! Anything less is basically giving up.

RockStar36
09-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Then why did I get groaned 14 times yesterday when I brought it up? Must still be a lot of lickers out there.:mad:

Or people don't like you :D

Earthquake Enyart
09-12-2007, 02:55 PM
No. He has until the bye. That's it.

Mr. Pink
09-12-2007, 02:57 PM
how many threads does one person have to make stating JP sucks, I love Trent before it gets ******ed?

Gunzlingr
EXACTLY!!!!

We all agree that if he blows this year he is done. We also should agree that he needs at the very least IMO 8 to 10 full games. AT LEAST! Anything less is basically giving up.

:hi5: Too bad there are so many ******ED, DUMB ASS posters here. If there weren't maybe could actually have discussions in this forum instead of 10000 threads by ******s posting in the third person, and all repeating the same nonsense.

Gunzlingr
how many threads does one person have to make stating JP sucks, I love Trent before it gets ******ed?

mchurchfie
09-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Or people don't like you :D
Highly doubtful.:D

mchurchfie
09-12-2007, 03:02 PM
EXACTLY!!!!

We gave his ass the whole year last year, time to call a spade a spade.

RockStar36
09-12-2007, 03:07 PM
We gave his ass the whole year last year, time to call a spade a spade.

Did he make inprovement towards the end of last year? Wouldn't that say that with more time he is going to get better and better?

LtBillsFan66
09-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Did he make inprovement towards the end of last year? Wouldn't that say that with more time he is going to get better and better?
I really don't think there was a steady improvement last year. He had good games against bad teams, that's it. I get sick when I hear this BS that he improved so much from the first half to the second half. He was absolutely putrid the first few games, so even marginal play was an "improvement."

THATHURMANATOR
09-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah explain that Churchie. The Freaking guy was very good in the second half and ended the year as a near top 10 passer. What do we really want here? Do you really want a 3rd rounder with no experience the reigns already. That is just insanity to me. I can't believe someone would!!

bigbub2352
09-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Trent right now is the flavor of the month cause of the way he played in the Preseason, know i am not saying he is not gonna be good, but I really think JP atop of everything else has to show that in his 4th year he is the leader of the offense and he commands the respect of the other team, and he has done that but not consistently, he needs to be the leader in the huddle and stop taking delay of game penaltie, he needs to stop calling time out in the first quarter cause he cant get the offense set up right, these are the things that make a QB great, not just stats
Jp has to do it if not Trent will be in there no doubt, Trent is the Marv regime pick for the QB of the future unless JP can convince them otherwise
That is how i see it,
But i do agree learning three offense in 4 years and having the worst line in the league did not help, but he still needs to be consistent and make his reads better, his check downs, he needs to look for his TEs and Rbs out of the backfeild and not throw the ball 100mph at them,
Same stuff i have wrote 100 times already in the last 4 yrs,
That is what truly scares me

madness
09-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Losman would be better if we traded for Champ Bailey.

DynaPaul
09-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Face it guys, it's his put-up-or-ride-the bench year. He's got to start showing more than he showed in the Denver game. Yeah, Denver has the best CB tandem in the league but they don't cover the RBs, TEs, and slot WRs. If he couldn't have gotten the ball to Evans or Price he sure as hell could have looked at Lynch, Royal, Reed, and Parrish. If he continues to stink it up I wouldn't be surprised to see Edwards in once we're out of playoff contention. I've supported JP all this time but even I have to judge the guy by his production.

Inetpub
09-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah explain that Churchie. The Freaking guy was very good in the second half and ended the year as a near top 10 passer. What do we really want here? Do you really want a 3rd rounder with no experience the reigns already. That is just insanity to me. I can't believe someone would!!

Whats this I hear? Is this a double standard? Wasnt it you guys that wanted to see what Losman can do when he was a rookie? Throw in Losman and see what he can do. Obviously Bledsoe and Holcolmb didnt do anything but win games. So lets throw in Losman. Dont forget, he can scramble and has an arm.

Now if we throw in Edwards because JP is sucking, thats just a no-no. Its insanity. I cant believe someone would do such a thing as getting rid of a player when he cant win a game.

You guys are so fickle here. Edwards deserves as much rope as JP got when he spent 3 years as a rookie. Its not 1 game in the season. Its all spring and summer he had worked out with the recieving team. Its all the ZERO TDs hes thrown in season and preseason. Keep adding it up guys. He hasnt hit 500 yards this year yet!

Do I want to throw in Edwards? If it means getting rid of a guy that is suppose to lead the team but doesnt, then yes. Do I expect him to win on first start? No. Hes a rookie.

Do I expect 100+ yards/game from Losman? Yes. Hes worked all off-season with the recievers. Show it! No matter who the defenders are. Who cares if they have the best CB's in the game. This is the NFL. A League full of the best football players in the world. If Losman cant play against them, he shouldnt be in there.

THATHURMANATOR
09-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Whats this I hear? Is this a double standard? Wasnt it you guys that wanted to see what Losman can do when he was a rookie? Throw in Losman and see what he can do. Obviously Bledsoe and Holcolmb didnt do anything but win games. So lets throw in Losman. Dont forget, he can scramble and has an arm.

Now if we throw in Edwards because JP is sucking, thats just a no-no. Its insanity. I cant believe someone would do such a thing as getting rid of a player when he cant win a game.

You guys are so fickle here. Edwards deserves as much rope as JP got when he spent 3 years as a rookie. Its not 1 game in the season. Its all spring and summer he had worked out with the recieving team. Its all the ZERO TDs hes thrown in season and preseason. Keep adding it up guys. He hasnt hit 500 yards this year yet!

Do I want to throw in Edwards? If it means getting rid of a guy that is suppose to lead the team but doesnt, then yes. Do I expect him to win on first start? No. Hes a rookie.

Do I expect 100+ yards/game from Losman? Yes. Hes worked all off-season with the recievers. Show it! No matter who the defenders are. Who cares if they have the best CB's in the game. This is the NFL. A League full of the best football players in the world. If Losman cant play against them, he shouldnt be in there.
NO I DIDN'T WANT JP IN AS A ROOKIE.....

How is wanting to stick with a guy being Fickle? I don't get it! :idunno:

mchurchfie
09-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Man, he's all up in your grille Thurm!:D:

Mitchy moo
09-12-2007, 04:56 PM

Exactly, play with the best to be the best.

SABURZFAN
09-12-2007, 09:11 PM
The lickers.

:rofl:

SABURZFAN
09-12-2007, 09:13 PM

there are.they remind me of the Flutie Flakes. :down:

HAMMER
09-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Hot Pockets