PDA

View Full Version : If they give BB a 2 week ban, does it help the Bills week 3??

Mitchy moo
09-12-2007, 06:52 PM
The Patriots should be put at some disadvantage during the regular season. Goodell should suspend Belichick two games -- ban him from the sidelines, the locker room and coaches' meetings -- and should not allow him to work on game plans, participate in practice or communicate with his team for two weeks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=3016267

Ickybaluky
09-12-2007, 07:20 PM
I honestly don't think that would make a huge difference. Dante Scarnecchia is one of the most respected coaches in the NFL, and he does a ton behind the scenes alreaady. He'd probably step in and the team would work the same.

Scarnecchia is one of the most underrated assets on the Pats staff. A former Marine, his work ethic and humble manner have earned him tons of respect with the players. The OL worships the guy.

That would actually be some good to come out of this. Scar doesn't get enough acolades from the general public because he isn't an attention seeker. My only question is whether he would want the gig, because he doesn't really like the spotlight. However, if the Krafts asked him he probably would do it.

Mitchy moo
09-12-2007, 07:26 PM
I honestly don't think that would make a huge difference. Dante Scarnecchia is one of the most respected coaches in the NFL, and he does a ton behind the scenes alreaady. He'd probably step in and the team would work the same.

Scarnecchia is one of the most underrated assets on the Pats staff. A former Marine, his work ethic and humble manner have earned him tons of respect with the players. The OL worships the guy.

That would actually be some good to come out of this. Scar doesn't get enough acolades from the general public because he isn't an attention seeker. My only question is whether he would want the gig, because he doesn't really like the spotlight. However, if the Krafts asked him he probably would do it.

You maybe right but you are forgetting the mental impact. The Whole world has picked the Pats to wins the AFC and if they lose this week, have no BB and somehow lose to the Bills their 1-2 in their record and division. Big Problems and lots of questions in NE at that point.

Devin
09-12-2007, 07:27 PM
I dont think it matters, the Patriots are such a deep, talented team I dont know that the games they did cheat in it would have made much difference anyway.

BB there or not our futility with the patriots likely continues.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-12-2007, 07:31 PM
I dont think it matters, the Patriots are such a deep, talented team I dont know that the games they did cheat in it would have made much difference anyway.

BB there or not our futility with the patriots likely continues.

Agreed!!

PECKERWOOD
09-12-2007, 07:35 PM
It would definately hurt. Bilibaby is a really hands on coach. He likes to call plays and the whole 9 yards. Plus.. The guy is just a genius when it comes to breaking down film. I'd certainly like our chances much better with BB not there.

Mitchy moo
09-12-2007, 07:38 PM
It would definately hurt. Bilibaby is a really hands on coach. He likes to call plays and the whole 9 yards. Plus.. The guy is just a genius when it comes to breaking down film. I'd certainly like our chances much better with BB not there.

He would not be able to gameplan for the Bills nor breakdown film, that's big.

Devin
09-12-2007, 07:40 PM
I hate to tell you this, but teams dont simply stop doing things the way they normally do simply because a coach or player is gone.

I assure you even if hes not there they will gameplan and prepare same as they always do.

We are likely ther least of the Pats concerns.

PECKERWOOD
09-12-2007, 07:41 PM
He would not be able to gameplan for the Bills nor breakdown film, that's big.

Absolutely.

Mitchy moo
09-12-2007, 07:43 PM
I hate to tell you this, but teams dont simply stop doing things the way they normally do simply because a coach or player is gone.

I assure you even if hes not there they will gameplan and prepare same as they always do.

We are likely ther least of the Pats concerns.

So what's your saying is there is no one individual that leads the strategies on game planning?? What does a head coach do, let his assistants run around and make their own decisions? Seriously, I'm really not sure.

I have never been a coach of anything but a bunch of kids at a townpark during the summer and I did pretty good. Would things have gone out without, sure. Would they have went the same, no.

RedEyE
09-12-2007, 07:45 PM
So by suspending him, I assume this only means that he wouldn't be allowed on the field during the game? I really can't see the punishment if that's the case, as he is still allowed to prepare his team through the week.

Devin
09-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Skooby you are absolutley out your friggin mind if you think the absence of BB means the Pats will do anything different.

They will gameplan, prepare and I am sure go over the endless notes/tape BB would leave for them in his abscence.

You can hope against hope all youd like, it wont make a difference, especially against a team of our calibur.

AndreReed83
09-12-2007, 07:49 PM
I think the media circus it would cause could only help Buffalo/hurt New England. But other than that, the play on the field would generally be unaffected.

Mitchy moo
09-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Skooby you are absolutley out your friggin mind if you think the absence of BB means the Pats will do anything different.

They will gameplan, prepare and I am sure go over the endless notes/tape BB would leave for them in his abscence.

You can hope against hope all youd like, it wont make a difference, especially against a team of our calibur.

According to this he would not be able to gameplan, which would be a punishment.

"and should not allow him to work on game plans, participate in practice or communicate with his team for two weeks."

Mad Bomber
09-12-2007, 07:54 PM
You can hope against hope all youd like, it wont make a difference, especially against a team of our calibur. It's caliber or calibre, you stupid f**k. :D

BTW, I'm just ragging on you because you wussed out on the opener...pussy.

Devin
09-12-2007, 07:54 PM
According to this he would not be able to gameplan, which would be a punishment.

"and should not allow him to work on game plans, participate in practice or communicate with his team for two weeks."

If BB not being there means his team tanks those games, his entire staff as well as most the teams leaders should be immediatley fired.

Simple as that.

Week 3 we will see the same Patriots we always see. And as per usual our boys will hang in for a quarter or two before either being busted wide open or shooting ourselves in the foot as we always seem to do against the Pats.

Devin
09-12-2007, 07:55 PM
It's caliber or calibre, you stupid f**k. :D

You shut it old man!

Mad Bomber
09-12-2007, 07:58 PM
You shut it old man!
F**k you you little whippersnapper!

Devin
09-12-2007, 07:59 PM
:couch:

Mad Bomber
09-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Devin,

I was THERE at the opener in my Lynch throwback, pounding chubluv jello shots in the rain.

Where were you, my friend? Hiding behind your couch?

....I missed you, bro. :up:

hammerbillsfan
09-12-2007, 08:04 PM
yeah Devin, I thought you were coming? :idunno:

Devin
Well I did wear it the day of the game if that helps any!

I missed everyone to man, it sucked not being able to go. I just got literally buried the past month or so with stuff going on around here.

shelby
The comments i'm reading beg the question: if NE is such a talented team, then why the :curse: did they feel the need to cheat in the first place?!??

G. Host
[quote=Skooby]The Patriots should be put at some disadvantage during the regular season. Goodell should suspend Belichick two games -- ban him from the sidelines, the locker room and coaches' meetings -- and should not allow him to work on game plans, participate in practice or communicate with his team for two weeks./quote]

No for if he is a cheater he would cheat to get around the bam.

JJamezz
09-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Maybe its just me, but I would think that having extra eyes on them and thus being forced to 'play fair' could have a much more significant impact on the team than Belichick being gone for a couple of weeks..

I think too many people are downplaying the potential significance what they've been doing may have had in the W and L column. (Not saying it DID affect their record, because we don't know how often it was done, etc., but the POTENTIAL is absolutely there.)

JJamezz
09-12-2007, 08:21 PM
On a side note... a 2 week 'suspension' is a ***** joke.. As we've heard time and time again in sports in regards to the team dynamic, somebody has to be held accountable - he's the boss, so he should be fired, nothing less.

shelby
09-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Oh i wish....him and his :curse:ing hoodie...
:ill: