PDA

View Full Version : All BS'ing and ball-busting aside.

patmoran2006
09-12-2007, 08:41 PM
What in the bloody blue hell is our Front Office thinking right now?!?!?!?

AT this moment; we have FIVE healthy safeties on the roster, FIVE healthy tight ends on the roster.. and FIVE HEALTHY RB's on the roster, not even counting Nuefeld (Lynch, Jackson, Wright, A-Train, Scoobey)

But we only FIVE HEALTHY linebackers on the roster? In a COVER TWO DEFENSE???

Who the hell does that?? Wire and Ellison are out for AT LEAST several more weeks.

With word that DiGorgio is starting at WLB, Josh Stamer and Mario Haggan is the ONLY depth we're going to keep for LB?

SEriously now. Please let this Marv Levy publicity stunt end soon (sorry if you dont like to hear that- I love Marv too- but HE"S NOT a good GM)- get rid of Mr. Mediocrity himself Dick Jauron after this season (for the love of God, even the Detroit Lions didnt want him).. Spend the money on a REAL GM, who will bring in a REAL head coach and in turn we'll start to get some real results on the field.

Sorry boys and girls. This organization isn't "rebuilding". Right now, it just sucks. There IS a difference.

Nighthawk
09-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Man, I hate agreeing with you, but you do have some good points that I was thinking about also. We just don't have enough players at certain positions and there ARE players who could've helped this team. I don't know what to tell you, but are FO is not showing me anything at this time.

THATHURMANATOR
09-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Who cares man. I am done.

patmoran2006
09-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Exhibit A:
It used to take a Marv Levy free agent signee a season to say that the guy sucks and needs to be shown the door.

Now it takes about 2 quarters before the "this guy ****ing sucks" threads come pouring in, and this was before he got hurt (Jason Webster)

Gimme a break. Let's get a real GM in here who has a clue how to run a football team as a GM.. Marv is a Hall of Fame coach one of the most brilliant men to ever be put on this earth and a classy guy.. But he's a ****ty GM that's all there is to it.

patmoran2006
09-12-2007, 08:47 PM
I dont care if its a guy off someone's practice squad or a someone who works at 7/11.

How do we go signing a safety today and NOT a linebacker?

Id give up a year's salary to see the Buffalo Bills on "Hard Knocks" on HBO next season if Levy and Jauron are still here.

It would make for some of the best comedy among football fans ever.

El Guapo
09-12-2007, 08:51 PM
You guys are going to tire of me saying this, but winning is not RW's goal with this team. It is setting it up for his passing and giving his heirs the best value he can. Estate planning, and guess what -- the fans are not in the will.

Ebenezer
09-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Pat how many "we don't have enough LBs", "cut Tim Anderson now", "the front office better get moving" threads do you need to create EVERY day. Please continue to post new information in the threads you have already started. Stop starting threads to rehash all the arguments you have posted several times. We all understand what you believe. Standing up and creating new threads about it everyday is not the answer. We will start to merge similar threads and if you insist on creating new threads to continually bring up the same material ad nauseum we will move them to spam.

patmoran2006
09-12-2007, 08:54 PM
YOu know..

I dont care if we go 0-16..

But what bothers me more is this team has NO IDENTITY.. What is our identity?

What kind of offense are we SUPPOSED to be? The preseason was vanilla excuse is long gone now.

I mean what is Jauron trying to do with this offense? Who calls a sweep to the short side of the field followed by a bomb on 3rd and 5 when your up 2 points with under 4 minutes left in the game, knowing you have a defense that gave up big chunks of yardage all game long?

Jauron sucks, and if you agree that Jauron sucks-- then you should agree that marv sucks as a GM-- he's the one that hired him.

patmoran2006
09-12-2007, 08:55 PM
This thread is about ALOT more than we need LB's, and Tim Anderson's name hasnt appeared once in this thread.

Ebenezer
09-12-2007, 08:56 PM
This thread is about ALOT more than we need LB's, and Tim Anderson's name hasnt appeared once in this thread.
yeah, it's about your perception of the FO...which you start threads about on an almost daily basis.

patmoran2006
09-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Because lately its almost daily that they GIVE a reason to get pissed off at.

We lose Everett and we sign TWO TIGHT ENDS...
We lose SImpson and we sign a safety..
We cut Powell and we sign a DE from a practice squad.

But we lose over the past 12 days TWO LINEBACKERS and we sign nobody?

That bothers me, and its not a "daily thing' about the topic because we didnt even sign the DE or safety until today and the two TE's until the past 48 hours.

patmoran2006
09-12-2007, 09:00 PM
yeah, it's about your perception of the FO...which you start threads about on an almost daily basis.
and as far as my "perception" of the FO.

I think whether they like to admit it or not, you'll be hard pressed to find even the most staunch of homer on here who will disagree and say that this is currently not a very poorly run franchise.

OpIv37
09-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Pat's pathological hatred of the FO aside, he makes a good point regarding the LB's. We're going in with 5, which means Stamer and Haggan will see significant time on the field at LB, and if God forbid we lose Poz, Crowell or DiG to injury, they'll be on the field a LOT. Considering they have what may be the worst DL in the NFL in front of them, a no name safety next to Whitner behind them and a completely inexperienced CB in Youboty next to them, it doesn't bode well.

patmoran2006
09-12-2007, 09:05 PM
OP whoever you made that defensive rank bet with before the season can I get in for half that action with you?

BTW-here's the most ****ED UP THING....

Get a real GM and head coach in here, and this is a PLAYOFF team in 2008-- I think they have that much talent overall.

They have a franchise WR, a franchise RB, a franchise LT, a very good LG and a QB on the bench who I think will ultimately be as good or better than any rookie QB in this class.

Defensively Poz looks like he's going to be a beast, Whitner has Bob Sanders-like abilties still developing, and injury aside I like Ko Simpson alot. Schobel is a f'n sack machine and I am FAR from giving up on John McCargo.

The nucleus is there. They need glue from the FO down to the staff and they'll be straight.

THATHURMANATOR
09-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Yeah and HE has MADE that POINT a MIllion times already....

THATHURMANATOR
09-12-2007, 09:08 PM
BTW-here's the most ****ED UP THING....

Get a real GM and head coach in here, and this is a PLAYOFF team in 2008-- I think they have that much talent overall.
WHOA DUDE... That is totally ****ed up man!

Mad Bomber
09-12-2007, 09:09 PM
As much as I hate to agree with you, Pat (maybe I'm in denial), this FO has shown some sort of paralysis when it comes to making moves on the free market.

Good players, who could be had for a reasonable price (and fit into the moronic "cash to cap" philosophy) have come and gone (to other teams), and our FO has done nothing.

We signed two people today; I have never heard of them before. They were castoffs from other teams...nothing but camp fodder.

I've been trying to be optimistic about this franchise, but when I watch the free agent market, and when somewhat decent players become available, and our FO does NOTHING, it really makes me wonder if we are dealing with frugality (aka cheapness), apathy, or incompetence.

Scumbag College
09-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Pat's pathological hatred of the FO aside, he makes a good point regarding the LB's. We're going in with 5, which means Stamer and Haggan will see significant time on the field at LB, and if God forbid we lose Poz, Crowell or DiG to injury, they'll be on the field a LOT. Considering they have what may be the worst DL in the NFL in front of them, a no name safety next to Whitner behind them and a completely inexperienced CB in Youboty next to them, it doesn't bode well.

I agree to a point, but this is a team that kept extra LBs on the team for ST purposes. With the injuries to Ellison and Wire not being season ending and not wanting to put either on IR ending their 2007 season, the Bills might have to just make due with the guys that they have playing at LB until one or both of them come back.

The reactionary thing to do would be releasing a guy and signing any LB just to have six healthy bodies at the position come Sunday. The Bills are not going to trade for Lance Briggs or any legit starters during the regular season, and whomever brought in at this point won't contribute for a while. However I wouldn't mind a move made for Griesen at this point and drop a guy like Scobey.

Might as well keep the guys we have now and suck, then bring in new guys and suck with different people.

PECKERWOOD
09-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Dude.. Quit *****ing. It's not like you plan for so many injuries to happen to such a young football team especially. Atleast we brought in 2 players to try and fill some holes.

jpdex12
09-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I dont care if its a guy off someone's practice squad or a someone who works at 7/11.

How do we go signing a safety today and NOT a linebacker?

Id give up a year's salary to see the Buffalo Bills on "Hard Knocks" on HBO next season if Levy and Jauron are still here.

It would make for some of the best comedy among football fans ever.
Think about it Sherlock Holmes. The players that have been signed so far have been for positions in which we lost that player for the year. We haven't lost Wire and Ellison for the year. Simpson...IR. Webster...soon to be IR. Everett...IR. We signed a safety, two tight ends and a DE from the stacked Bear's PS for Denney/Hargrove replacement. Maybe we signed two TE's because the FO isn't sure how well or fast Gaines will catch on and Murphy has been here for a while. Don't you think that Murphy will play his ass off knowing that he is there because of what happened to his friend KE? We brought in a linebacker today (Greisen) and we have Dig to start at WLB until Wire and Ellison get back. BTW, they are not out for several weeks. I heard 3-5 weeks. Quite tossing a negative spin on every damn thing that the FO does. ANyone can see right through you with your comments.

jpdex12
09-12-2007, 10:19 PM
YOu know..

But what bothers me more is this team has NO IDENTITY.. What is our identity?

What kind of offense are we SUPPOSED to be? The preseason was vanilla excuse is long gone now.

I mean what is Jauron trying to do with this offense? Who calls a sweep to the short side of the field followed by a bomb on 3rd and 5 when your up 2 points with under 4 minutes left in the game, knowing you have a defense that gave up big chunks of yardage all game long?

Jauron sucks, and if you agree that Jauron sucks-- then you should agree that marv sucks as a GM-- he's the one that hired him.

Honestly, it's posts that come from people like you on a regular basis that really piss me off. I try to check out threads on here that might reveal some interesting opinions and comments from fans. I appreciate the fact that every fan has his/her opinions as well. That is what makes it interesting at times to think about different view points. I'm not always happy with the things that our Bills do but honest to friggin god. If I accidentally cross one more of your rediculous posts I am going to smash my head against a wall until my skull splits open like a GD coconut.

I wish you could step back and see just how ignorant some of the things that you say seem to readers. In a way I'm glad that not even a third of our country's voters come out to vote on election day because I'd be scared to see some of the results if there were more people with your quick to shoot, closed minded mentality that were casting ballots.

It's people like this that sit back and slam ever damn thing that someone does when it is so easy to point out the bad in something. You don't even know the half of what the thought process is at OBD but you spout off with your rants as if you had a bug stuck up Marv Levy's ass listening to his every word.

Probably about 3/4 of the league's teams don't really have an identity.

Our offense has not yet been defined after the first game of the season. You game plan for each game differently. I saw a team that therw a lot of short passes and tried to show ball control by doing this and running the ball. It may have not been pretty but it was an attempt to be an offense that eats up the clock which clearly didn't happen.

Wouldn't you expect a sweep to the wide side? If you appearently exoected a sweep to the wide side then how can you critisize Jauron's call for that when he is trying to outwit someone that is far more knowledgable than you (Shanahan)?

How do you know that Jauron called that bomb on 3rd and 5? Maybe Evans was clearing out the safety that would have been on our TE 7 yards down field but JP caught a glance of Evans breaking free across the middle and went for it? You don't know, but you do your favorite thing and slam the coaches for it.

I am giving this regime at least there years to show what they can do because I don't want to be like some of you other dillusionists and expect miracles over night.

WHy don't you do some of us Zoners a favor and take some of Eb's recommendations, otherwise these ignorant rants won't make it past Spam.
It's a waste of your time to write them and a waste of ours reading them if they are just going to end up getting moved.

PECKERWOOD
09-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Honestly, it's posts that come from people like you on a regular basis that really piss me off. I try to check out threads on here that might reveal some interesting opinions and comments from fans. I appreciate the fact that every fan has his/her opinions as well. That is what makes it interesting at times to think about different view points. I'm not always happy with the things that our Bills do but honest to friggin god. If I accidentally cross one more of your rediculous posts I am going to smash my head against a wall until my skull splits open like a GD coconut.

I wish you could step back and see just how ignorant some of the things that you say seem to readers. In a way I'm glad that not even a third of our country's voters come out to vote on election day because I'd be scared to see some of the results if there were more people with your quick to shoot, closed minded mentality that were casting ballots.

It's people like this that sit back and slam ever damn thing that someone does when it is so easy to point out the bad in something. You don't even know the half of what the thought process is at OBD but you spout off with your rants as if you had a bug stuck up Marv Levy's ass listening to his every word.

Probably about 3/4 of the league's teams don't really have an identity.

Our offense has not yet been defined after the first game of the season. You game plan for each game differently. I saw a team that therw a lot of short passes and tried to show ball control by doing this and running the ball. It may have not been pretty but it was an attempt to be an offense that eats up the clock which clearly didn't happen.

Wouldn't you expect a sweep to the wide side? If you appearently exoected a sweep to the wide side then how can you critisize Jauron's call for that when he is trying to outwit someone that is far more knowledgable than you (Shanahan)?

How do you know that Jauron called that bomb on 3rd and 5? Maybe Evans was clearing out the safety that would have been on our TE 7 yards down field but JP caught a glance of Evans breaking free across the middle and went for it? You don't know, but you do your favorite thing and slam the coaches for it.

I am giving this regime at least there years to show what they can do because I don't want to be like some of you other dillusionists and expect miracles over night.

WHy don't you do some of us Zoners a favor and take some of Eb's recommendations, otherwise these ignorant rants won't make it past Spam.
It's a waste of your time to write them and a waste of ours reading them if they are just going to end up getting moved.

Post of the month.

Meathead
09-12-2007, 10:21 PM
i sure hope the bills management reads this thread so they know what to do

jpdex12
09-12-2007, 10:35 PM
You want to talk about a team having an identity? I was deeply sympathetic for what happened to KE, but if you would expect a team to show some kind of identity then now is the time.

Now is the time for this team to pull together and become even tighter than previously. For themselves, for the fans and most importantly for their missing teammate. This is what stories are made of. I am sure KE would not want his team to suffer emotionally from this and I'd like to think that this would catapult the team to new levels of determination just like KE has shown so far in fighting through this injury.

Who is anyone to say that this team can't win games with no name, young players? Character is what Marv was looking for and character is what will rise this team from the unlikely to the successful. At least in the end it this does happen I will know inside that I was one of the fans that truly "Bill"ieved!

jpdex12
09-12-2007, 10:37 PM
You want to talk about a team having an identity? I was deeply sympathetic for what happened to KE, but if you would expect a team to show some kind of identity then now is the time.

Now is the time for this team to pull together and become even tighter than previously. For themselves, for the fans and most importantly for their missing teammate. This is what stories are made of. I am sure KE would not want his team to suffer emotionally from this and I'd like to think that this would catapult the team to new levels of determination just like KE has shown so far in fighting through this injury.

Who is anyone to say that this team can't win games with no name, young players? Character is what Marv was looking for and character is what will rise this team from the unlikely to the successful. At least in the end if this does happen I will know inside that I was one of the fans that truly "Bill"ieved!

Ebenezer
09-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Because lately its almost daily that they GIVE a reason to get pissed off at.

We lose Everett and we sign TWO TIGHT ENDS...
We lose SImpson and we sign a safety..
We cut Powell and we sign a DE from a practice squad.

But we lose over the past 12 days TWO LINEBACKERS and we sign nobody?

That bothers me, and its not a "daily thing' about the topic because we didnt even sign the DE or safety until today and the two TE's until the past 48 hours.
my point is that you can keep the SAME threads going...you don't need to start another thread every time YOU get pissed off by something...:rolleyes:

keeping threads alive are no problem...it will spark new conversation all on its own when warranted...

Mad Max
09-12-2007, 11:21 PM

Jauron does suck, and Marv may suck as well, but you can't discount the fact that the Ralphster doesn't like to pay top dollar for top coaching talent. So is it Marv who made the poor decision to hire Jauron unilaterally or were his hands (fiscally) tied?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-13-2007, 08:52 AM
[QUOTE=jpdex12] We brought in a linebacker today (Greisen) and we have Dig to start at WLB until Wire and Ellison get back. BTW, they are not out for several weeks. I heard 3-5 weeks.[/mn QUOTE]

Now wait just a minute. How is 3-5 weeks not the same as several weeks?

Coach Sal
09-13-2007, 09:56 AM
AT this moment we have FIVE healthy tight ends on the roster...

1. Robert Royal
2. Michael Gaines
3. Matt Murphy
4. Ryan Neufeld

Who is the fifth?

mchurchfie
09-13-2007, 10:00 AM
What about our DL??

Ebenezer
09-13-2007, 04:21 PM
What about our DL??
one injury away from absolute bedlam...

jpdex12
09-13-2007, 10:24 PM
[quote=jpdex12] We brought in a linebacker today (Greisen) and we have Dig to start at WLB until Wire and Ellison get back. BTW, they are not out for several weeks. I heard 3-5 weeks.[/mn QUOTE]

Now wait just a minute. How is 3-5 weeks not the same as several weeks?

The term several comes from the number seven. Even though several isn't an exact number, I would say that it has to be at least as much as the number seven.

Shall we google the definition?

jpdex12
09-13-2007, 10:26 PM
For what it's worth...

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/several

Noun
several

Of persons or objects, more than two, but not very many. <DL><DD>One chair was in the hallway, and several were scattered around the waiting room. </DD></DL>
Each particular taken singly; an item; a detail (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/detail); an individual (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/individual).
(archaic (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary#A)) An enclosed (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/enclosed) or separate place; enclosure (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/enclosure).[/URL]
[[URL="http://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?title=several&action=edit&section=4"]edit (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)] Determiner

several

Consisting of a number more than two, but not very many, three to seven; a divers; sundry; <DL><DD>Several people were present when the event took place. </DD></DL>
Separate (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/separate); distinct (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/distinct); particular (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/particular); single (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/single). <DL><DD>joint and several liability </DD></DL>
Diverse (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/diverse); different (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/different); various (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/various).

Mr. Miyagi
09-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Damn it patmoran. The end is indeed coming. Go jump off a bridge immediately.

Ebenezer
09-13-2007, 10:33 PM
we can only hope!

:calm:

raphael120
09-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Buffalo Bills Zone NOTICE - READ BEFORE POSTING HERE: This is the holy grail of Bills forums. We talk about the Bills and the NFL in here. If you can not post without personal insults, getting off-topic, posting expressly to incite other posters, and repeatedly posting the same crap over and over, you may be restricted from posting in this forum without notice. We have rededicated ourselves to policing this forum with a vengeance. If you feel the need to slam others or talk smack, we have other forums available for exactly that purpose. Remember, you are not bigger than the Buffalo Bills. Let's talk football!

Yet our MODs are the ones bashing posters here now. No wonder this board is going to hell in a handbasket.

You can't blame Pat, he's fed up, a lot of fans are. There's a reason why people are so excited about hockey season right now in Buffalo. If he wasn't a fan, he wouldn't waste his breath. It's like if you didn't care about your kid you wouldn't do anything about him doin drugs or whatever, you care, so you try and do something about it.

The personal attacks on people who don't agree with what's going on with the Bills is getting rediculous. If you don't like it, then ignore the posts, but all everyone does is fuel the fire. It goes both ways. The only difference is that I dont know how you can shoot down people who are giving facts and have legitimate reasons to be mad. But all anyone can ever do is just get flustered and go in beserker mode. I liken the Buffalo Bills to the city of Buffalo...I'm sure there are ALOT of pissed off people at the huge potential Buffalo could have but the people in charge, the politicians suck and aren't making the right moves and are just content to keep Buffalo an old rustbelt city. Do you think the people that want the best for Buffalo and hate many decisions by lawmakers and politicians when our city could be so damn beautiful, are so wrong to be mad? It's the same thing with the Bills. I just wish people realized this and would stop all the damn bickering and just talk about football.

Ebenezer
09-13-2007, 11:00 PM
[B]

Yet our MODs are the ones bashing posters here now. No wonder this board is going to hell in a handbasket.

You can't blame Pat, he's fed up, a lot of fans are. There's a reason why people are so excited about hockey season right now in Buffalo. If he wasn't a fan, he wouldn't waste his breath. It's like if you didn't care about your kid you wouldn't do anything about him doin drugs or whatever, you care, so you try and do something about it.

The personal attacks on people who don't agree with what's going on with the Bills is getting rediculous.

Raphael,

If it appears that we are picking on Pat you must understand that it is his actions that have prompted our attitudes. Sorry if it looks like we are singleing him out. That is not the case. He has brought the snide remarks upon himself from us and other posters. You are correct about our actions but you must understand that this did not start yesterday nor, we fear, will it end soon.

Please understand that we are not bashing Pat as a person. We have no problems with people being negative and posting their feelings because they are fed up. Where the mods are taking exception with Pat is that he, and a few others, have been asked and warned in private and public to stop picking on other posters, to create daily negative threads that do little but, for lack of a better example, create a "mob mentality". (We would take the same actions of combining and moving threads if a positive poster came in and started daily "I LOVE TIM ANDERSON, SIGN HIM TO AN EXTENTION NOW" threads). Pat, and a few others, are persistant in their behavior and are determined to continue creating daily rants to display their "level of anger". It is not that Pat, and a few others, do this it is how they do it and the effect it has on others posters. We have heard from, and lost, numerous posters who have been chased away by the posting styles and actions of people like Pat.

The bottom line is that we want everybody here at Billszone to have a good time and enjoy the boards and we give people the freedom to post as they wish. However, we have to have an atmosphere where EVERYBODY wants to participate and stay around. If we allow the Pat Moran's to fill the zone with nothing but negativity we will lose posters who don't wish to see nothing but negativity.

Thanks for reading and posting at the Zone.

Ebenezer
09-13-2007, 11:04 PM
And Raphael,

Also, that disclaimer that you quoted?? It was created in response to people like Pat who are determined to just scream negative and create new threads on a daily basis rehashing that negativity instead of trying to meaningfully discuss the issue, when in some cases they are correct, in the same thread.

Thanks.

Meathead
09-14-2007, 12:18 AM
all you have to do is reference pats posts and youre in the clear

ie:

pat why doesnt your post go jump off a bridge immediately

pat i wish your posts ******ed dad had been impotent

pat id like to rip your posts head clean off with my bare hands

voila

Ebenezer
09-14-2007, 12:20 AM
ok guys...back to the topic.

thanks.

BillsFever21
09-14-2007, 01:04 AM
For what it's worth...

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/several

Noun
several

Of persons or objects, more than two, but not very many. <DL><DD>One chair was in the hallway, and several were scattered around the waiting room. </DD></DL>
Each particular taken singly; an item; a detail (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/detail); an individual (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/individual).
(archaic (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary#A)) An enclosed (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/enclosed) or separate place; enclosure (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/enclosure).
[edit (http://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?title=several&action=edit&section=4)] Determiner

several

Consisting of a number more than two, but not very many, three to seven; a divers; sundry; <DL><DD>Several people were present when the event took place. </DD></DL>
Separate (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/separate); distinct (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/distinct); particular (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/particular); single (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/single). <DL><DD>joint and several liability </DD></DL>
Diverse (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/diverse); different (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/different); various (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/various).

Several means 3-7 weeks. Wire is out 3-5 weeks. Thanks for makng his point. LOL

BillsFever21
09-14-2007, 01:07 AM

Um, He does know. He knows because Jauron and other players said that it was Jauron's call. Maybe before you try and rip a guy you would listen to the news and get the facts straight first.

dplus47
09-14-2007, 02:25 AM
The term several comes from the number seven. Even though several isn't an exact number, I would say that it has to be at least as much as the number seven.

Shall we google the definition?

i have to apologize in advance for going back off topic.

i'm also going to sound like a tool here, and i apologize for that in advance, but if we're going to act like authorities on issues, let's make sure we know what we're doing. it saves other people from being wrong in the future when they quote us.

when you're looking for where a word "comes from," you aren't looking for the definition, you're looking for the etymology (http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=several). as you can see, the number seven doesn't appear in the etymology of the word several. go ahead and google it. i just chose the first site that came up. they all pretty much agree: it comes from a latin word, "separare," which means "to separate."

in case anyone's curious, the number seven (http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=seven) comes from different origins altogether.

sorry. i was a latin and greek scholar for a while. language is one of my things. i normally just ignore when people abuse language on message boards (i do it as well), but not when it comes out like it did here.

mybills
09-14-2007, 07:37 AM
YOu know..

:negrep: