PDA

View Full Version : Podcast: Bills/Broncos review......my thoughts on JP, coaching, defense, etc..

Coach Sal
09-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Give a listen here: http://mysportsradio.com/?p=3769

My thoughts on what happened Sunday and why......as well as JP, the defense, and the coaching.

Press the "PLAY" icon or download directly to your MP3 or iPod. For all you new listeners (or anyone else who hasn't yet), please subscribe to the show via the button on the page.

Agree or disagree with what I say, let me know here in this thread. Thanks.

I'll have your Bills/Steelers preview within the next day or so.

clumping platelets
09-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Thanks Sal :D

shelby
09-13-2007, 04:16 AM
Thanks Coach!

MikeInRoch
09-13-2007, 07:41 AM
I agree with you - except for one thing. You were saying that the Bills DBs were playing 7 yards off the slot receivers. My observation (at least early in the game) was that often the DB was about 15 yards off of the slot guy. It was unbelievable. I think I could have completed a couple of those slants.

Coach Sal
09-13-2007, 08:48 AM
I agree with you - except for one thing. You were saying that the Bills DBs were playing 7 yards off the slot receivers. My observation (at least early in the game) was that often the DB was about 15 yards off of the slot guy. It was unbelievable. I think I could have completed a couple of those slants.

Well, it definitely seemed like they were 15, didn't it? Hell, it seemed like they were 30 yards off them most of the game considering how easy it was to complete those slants and skinny posts. (But in all honsety, I think they started at 7-8 in most cases then may have dropped into 12-15 range sometimes).

As I said on the show, you'd think that at some point, someone would have made an adjustment to correct that. They really made it easy for the Broncos to pick up yards when they needed to move the chains or get a bunch back on one play.

My guess i that they knew they could have made the adjustments, but were just so scared of Cutler's big arm and of our own DBs inability to defend the deep ball that they elected to give up the short and easy stuff, basically playing a prevent defense with the secondary the entire game.

And as the old saying goes......"the only thing the prevent defense does is prevent you from winning."

Thanks for listening, Mike!

mchurchfie
09-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Great stuff Coach!:up::10:

MikeInRoch
09-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Well, it definitely seemed like they were 15, didn't it? Hell, it seemed like they were 30 yards off them most of the game considering how easy it was to complete those slants and skinny posts. (But in all honsety, I think they started at 7-8 in most cases then may have dropped into 12-15 range sometimes).

There was at least one play early (maybe the opening drive) where it was 15. I remember saying it to the guy sitting next to me before the ball was snapped - and surprise! the ball was thrown right in the empty spot!