PDA

View Full Version : OK Help me to not be negative

Meathead
09-12-2007, 11:56 PM
you should know by now im not generally the negative type, far from it. if anything i tend to be overly optimistic, especially about sports

yet i havent been able to shake the feeling that this is yet another lost season. i havent felt this negative this early in a season in as long as i can remember

true its only one game and anything can happen

but so far weve seen a team that just cant stop making mistakes

the already extremely porous defense now has starters dropping like iraqis at a mixed wedding

extreme youth and weak depth over most of the roster

jp starting out looking skittish and confused

coaches playing not to lose early and taking low percentage gambles when trying to protect a lead

all against the most brutal schedule i think i can ever remember

granted lynch looks extremely promising but still whiffed on an important blitz pickup and regardless cant do it himself esp as a rook

idk. i just cant find any reason to feel good about finally breaking the playoff drought. at this point it looks more likely another top ten draft pick position is all we have to look forward to

tell me how i can and should feel differently

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 12:11 AM
there's always next year. :up:

Meathead
09-13-2007, 12:17 AM
ok you can stop helping

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 12:21 AM
i tried. :idunno:

Meathead
09-13-2007, 12:30 AM
:rock:

Elminster
09-13-2007, 12:33 AM
:rock:
What was your outlook this time last year? Personally, I think we'll be fine. We have a lot of motivation. But Fairchild needs to open up the damned playbook and let JP be....JP. He's trying to make him Marc Bulger or something....

Billz_fan
09-13-2007, 01:02 AM
you should know by now im not generally the negative type, far from it. if anything i tend to be overly optimistic, especially about sports

yet i havent been able to shake the feeling that this is yet another lost season. i havent felt this negative this early in a season in as long as i can remember

true its only one game and anything can happen

but so far weve seen a team that just cant stop making mistakes

the already extremely porous defense now has starters dropping like iraqis at a mixed wedding

extreme youth and weak depth over most of the roster

jp starting out looking skittish and confused

coaches playing not to lose early and taking low percentage gambles when trying to protect a lead

all against the most brutal schedule i think i can ever remember

granted lynch looks extremely promising but still whiffed on an important blitz pickup and regardless cant do it himself esp as a rook

idk. i just cant find any reason to feel good about finally breaking the playoff drought. at this point it looks more likely another top ten draft pick position is all we have to look forward to

I have been watching this team for 29 years now. Unfortunately I agree. We are gonna have some good games this year. Your never as good as your last win or as bad as your last loss. However with the team in place right now I would be very encouraged by a .500 performance. I wish I could be happier about JP as our QB but Im not. I see another season of good/bad/good/bad performance and thats just not gonna do it. I don't see the defensive situation as being any better. Our special teams are gonna be our brightest area again this year.

shelby
09-13-2007, 04:17 AM
Meathead, you can get up and walk away from watching the Bills game if you are getting frustrated.

Kevin Everett may not have the same luxury.

This works for me....

YardRat
09-13-2007, 05:43 AM
Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the
manifestations.

Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness.

Darkness within darkness.
The gateway to all understanding.

Thus it is said:
The path into the light seems dark,
the path forward seems to go back,
the direct path seems long,
true power seems weak,
true purity seems tarnished,
true steadfastness seems changeable,
true clarity seems obscure,
the greatest art seems unsophisticated,
the greatest love seems indifferent,
the greatest wisdom seems childish.

Bufftp
09-13-2007, 05:49 AM
we're gonna earn great draft position! :up:

jmb1099
09-13-2007, 06:43 AM
the mixed wedding line made me laugh for nearly 5 minutes.

mybills
09-13-2007, 06:48 AM
Meathead, you can get up and walk away from watching the Bills game if you are getting frustrated.

Kevin Everett may not have the same luxury.

This works for me....
:10: :bf1:

FlyingDutchman
09-13-2007, 08:12 AM
I agree with a lot of what you said meathead. I didnt expect much to come of this season anyways, but always had hope. Right now Im looking for the young guys to continue to improve and grow.

Most importantly, with everything going on like injuries to starters and of course the Everett tragedy, Im really looking to see what kind of character this team has. Now is the time to see what this team is made of. If these really are "Marv" guys, they will not just lay down. Its time to dig deep, and im looking forward to seeing if these young guys step up.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Dude, you just summed up my feelings to a T.
If we hadn't had such a dismal past 10 years, maybe I would feel different.
The ONLY hope I can offer is that there are some time tested truths in NFL football.

1) You just never know. Other teams could have chemistry, injury, coaching problems. I can't see it happening right now, but a lot can happen over the course of the season (just look at everything that is going on in/after the first week!).

2) On any given Sunday.......it happens. A team with less talent beats the better team. Then they win a few others on flukes, bad officiating, etc etc.

3) In todays watered-down leage, 8-8 might make the playoffs. Not likely, but maybe. You don't have to be very good to make the playoffs depending on the year. Now being in the AFC with Indy and NE, we can't bank on this happening, but....see #1.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2007, 08:34 AM

Bills ranked 31st in Defense, 32nd in offense.

There's no where to go but up. :up:

justasportsfan
09-13-2007, 09:26 AM
the jills are looking better each year.

HHURRICANE
09-13-2007, 09:42 AM
The Bills are 9 1/2 point underdogs so I would definatley bet on them losing by less and pocket some coin. So that's a positive.

Earthquake Enyart
09-13-2007, 09:51 AM
1. We get to watch Whitner and Poz. Those 2 guys are going to be All Pros.

2. We should be able to run the ball better as the season goes on. Lynch is also going to be an All Pro someday.

3. Our special teams are the best, bar none.

goodkarma
09-13-2007, 01:23 PM
we should have a top 5 pick in the draft!

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 01:26 PM
we should have a top 5 pick in the draft!

you're supposed to bring good karma. :mad:

Static
09-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Well the way I look at it with my team is we are not going to do anything good this year, so if something good happens it is a bonus :up:

Meathead
09-13-2007, 01:31 PM
yeah i was just thinking that today

hand me the drano

SABURZFAN
09-13-2007, 01:32 PM
hand me the drano

save some for the Lickers when JP gets benched in the future.

Meathead
09-13-2007, 01:34 PM
if that happens im officially on the drano diet

Oaf
09-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Thinking about next year almost makes me cry, especially considering this year just started. I don't know about you guys, but I had chills in my veins the entire first half just watching Buffalo football again after waiting for 8 awful months. To look forward another 12 months would just be too much for me.

15 and 1, baby! :1::5: and :1:!!!